Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Singed - Tanky or DMG?

Creator: GfxJG May 17, 2013 7:48am
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2013 11:40pm | Report
You should get either Tear or RoA first. Otherwise, you delay your Rylai's way to much, which you need to fight properly.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2013 11:50pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

You should get either Tear or RoA first. Otherwise, you delay your Rylai's way to much, which you need to fight properly.

not really, i find myself doing just fine without rylais and tear and RoA isnt -that- expensive
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
KSS Awake
<Member>
KSS Awake's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2013 3:31am | Report
Read this and I bet you won't ever question yourself what to build on singed.

-thanks to The_Nameless_Bard, effinvices, Joxuu, LaCorpse and arcan3 for the sigs-
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2013 6:43am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Destroyed Sheen + Destroyed Glacial = Destroyed Gauntlet.

Also, you don't want any excess mana stacking on Singed. This is why you also don't want Frozen Heart and Thornmail is better. Also, since the Insanity Potion change Mercury's Treads are a must.

Yeah not exactly. With Seraph's Embrace any extra mana is money well spent. At 4k mana you get 1k HP and 120 extra AP. You don't need to go overboard and focus on it, but the idea is that more mana on Singed is not necessarily a bad thing.
Going Thornmail is more cost effective, but hey, you don't always have to be frugal, right? Especially when ahead.

Mercury's Treads and the go-to boots, yes, but if enemy team doesn't have that much CC you don't really need them.
Mazuran
<Member>
Mazuran's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2013 7:12am | Report
luizdeh wrote:

Mercury's Treads and the go-to boots, yes, but if enemy team doesn't have that much CC you don't really need them.

Also depends on your laning phase - Ninja Tabi might be better vs an AD bruiser, especially if neither them or the jungle have particularly much CC.

Or if the enemy team has nowt but slows for CC (e.g. Lulu support, Karthus mid, etc), then Boots of Swiftness are very underrated.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2013 7:18am | Report
If they only have slows for CC you MUST go with Boots of Swiftness
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2013 1:48am | Report
Boots and stuff like Thornmail are purely situational items.

If only enemy ADC deals physical dmg and is more on the caster side... getting Thornmail only because it got some big armor bolster for a relativ cheap price? Nope.

Either go RoA or Seraph's don't waste time stacking both.

Buying Rylai's is just bad. If you can't work with your highend MS and your Adhesive, dont play Singed, if not skilling Adhesive until lvl 8 is your excuse for getting Rylai's your doing sth wrong.

If you go for Seraph's and play against an AD lane an early Glacier helps you going aggressive and zoning him.
You need early domination to farm.

And seeing what KSS Awake posted there...
"Other builds aren't viable"? yeah right.
That guide is just good throwing in some calcs for a SET scenario, it doesn't include anything you can't calculate.

And regarding OP:
Both is possible depending on the situation, but generally speaking, you try to go more tanky and get Liandry's Torment and a bit AP in order to do your stuff.
If you get foc'd down while running in because you're squishy as **** and a valuable target regarding dmg output, you'll have a bad time.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2013 8:49am | Report
Rylai's Crystal Scepter is awesome on Singed. It slows for 15% on the poison and doubles Liandry's Torment's proc, not to mention the 80 AP and 500 HP.

Now, if you don't plan on getting that ugly mask, skip the scepter as well, there are other good things on him.

And you should always start tanky. Even if it's just getting that Negatron Cloak or Glacial Shroud (or both), it helps a lot early game.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2013 9:48am | Report
Let me rephrase that:

It's not "just bad", but I'd never get it on him, since - as you stated - securing that Liandry's ALWAYS does double damage is the only reason I see in buying it. (BUT I'm able to cover already a lot using Adhesive)

IMO it's too much of a "dmg item", since HP is sth I can get on the side with the passive.
If I can afford to buy a pure dmg item I'd go for sth like DFG as my 5./6. one
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2013 12:08pm | Report
Adhesive's proc is not as reliable, as the slow only happens in the AoE. You do way more damage having it proc always with the scepter. I use Adhesive to catch people, as an escape tool and to prepare engages on sieges (def or atk).

Meh, I've theorized and tested DFG enough to discard it as a very situational buy. Usually going tankier works better. I even prefer a Lich Bane as last item for the extra MS and the proc, once you have enough AP that Sky AA is ridiculous.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide