Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Skarner Theorycraft Thread

Creator: wRAthoFVuLK August 9, 2011 5:06pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2011 9:15pm | Report
Actually, Skarner is a particularly fast jungler.

It's just, for some, his Crystal Slash isn't working on neutral minions, which is adding an entirely minute or so on his clear time. In theory, he could rival Udyr in jungle speed. Assuming this bug is valid.

Otherwise, he's very much like Warwick. His ganks aren't too scary until level6, where he can pull you across the lane.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2011 11:00pm | Report
^exactly, I like his jungle for that reason.

He is really good anywhere though...

and Wriggles is a new fad on non-jungle champs now :o

but, I totally agree with Jebus with the Jax-like build

I came up with this, didn't get to finish the whole build yet, butttt, since he needs to spam and is SO mana hungry, and you generally want your AP mid to have blue...

mana 2 pots
boots
mercs or berserks
tear
triforce
rageblade
manamune OR archangel
gunblade
rylai

thoughts?

gives you everything you need rly...triforce stats and proc, rylai slow, spell vamp and life steal, AS, AP, AD, etc.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Confehdehrehtheh
<Member>
Confehdehrehtheh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 7:55am | Report
I tried Rageblade on Skarner and it wasn't worth it for me. He has to spam far too much to get it to max effectiveness, and isn't doing enough damage in the mean-time. It's cheap and works in theory, but not in practice. At least not for me. If you need an AS/AP item grab Nashor's Tooth instead. It'll also give you some mana regen to help out his pretty meh base regen.

Edit: For clarification, the reason that it doesn't work like Jax is he has no real way of getting to the target besides Flash. He can run up to them sure, but it isn't a guarantee like Leap Strike. Once he's there you can definitely stick to the enemy and do some damage. Getting there without a Summoner spell is the problem.
Awesome sig by jhoijhoi :D
Aura-Support/CDR Sona|Jungle Yorick
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 4:26pm | Report
ur fast with w

we are talking about Jax BUILD tho

and dude,

rageblade stacks go up with auto attacks...

plus, you DO spam with Skarner a lot, your Q mostly...

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Confehdehrehtheh
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 5:04pm | Report
My point is with Rageblade he needs to have a secure way to get on the enemy. His slow is melee range, and if someone has their own haste/blink you won't be able to get the damage on them to begin with. It's better as a late game item to bolster your attacks when you can glue yourself to an enemy with Hextech Gunblade imo.
Atheb
<Member>
Atheb's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 3:08am | Report
when that q bug for minions is fixed he could be a good jungler. recently tried him solo top buidling RoA and then triforce it went quite well
Confehdehrehtheh
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 5:12am | Report
There isn't a bug on his Q. :|

One person said it because it wasn't doing magic damage on the first hit and then everyone jumped on the rage train.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=12723979#post12723979
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 2:45pm | Report
From what I can imagine, Guinsoo's Rageblade is still a very good item.
The item has the most stats in the game. Therefore, you do not need to maximize Rageblade stacks to get the most for your gold. That's just a mental delusion.

Shattered Earth can slow, Seismic Bastion hastes, you can easily stick to an opponent if you do it right (clearly, you aren't if you're comparing with Jax when junglers like Trundle and Olaf do just fine without a gap-closer).

From what I can tell, the problem lies in his Q. It hardly does anything, even when empowered.
Even though it's a low cooldown, the damage is sub-par at best. Dealing 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80 extra damage is pretty lame, the additional 20 / 32 / 44 / 56 / 68 is also virtually non-existant. Those numbers are just too low.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 2:53pm | Report
Better to start out underwhelming the fans then buff here and there. Rather than the reverse which is what has been happening to Vlad since his release. I havent played Skarner yet, just seen him in some games. I don't really have a good bearing on him yet.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 8:31pm | Report
I don't particularly see the point of Rageblade, especially rushing it.

It gives you AD and AP. That's great. It just doesn't give you particularly much. As you get charged, you gain more AP and some attack speed, which is FINE, but you don't need to "rev up". You're not exactly Jax. You don't rely on on-hit, you rely on abilities. Even if you spam your abilities, you won't really benefit from Rageblade as much as you would other items. W gives you more than enough attack speed. What you need is to hit harder, which is why Gunblade or RoA or another similar item is stronger. If anything, Rageblade is a late-game item for Skarner, with the only problem with that being that I would never consider Rageblade over a defensive item for more bulk.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide