Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Vayne Theorycraft Thread

Creator: Jebus McAzn May 9, 2011 3:13pm
1 2 3 4 5
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2011 3:13pm | Report
START THEORYCRAFTING NOW

Abilities:

Night Hunter (Passive): Vayne ruthlessly hunts evil-doers. She gains bonus Movement Speed when moving toward nearby enemy champions.
Probably not going to be huge. I can't imagine any more than 10-20% at most.

Tumble: Vayne tumbles, maneuvering to carefully place her next shot. She rolls toward the cursor and her next attack deals bonus damage.
This is going to be her staple skill. It's a good escape tool, a good initiator, and lets you harass as well as last hit effectively. Also, stealth roll while ultimate. :D

Silver Bolts: Vayne tips her bolts with a rare metal, toxic to evil things. The third consecutive attack or ability against the same target deals a percentage of the target's maximum Health as bonus true damage. (Max damage vs. Monsters is capped)
I don't see this being particularly useful. In order to harass with it in lane, you have to autoattack your opponent three times and not last hit during it. In order to use it on minions, you're pushing your lane. I guess the only time it would be useful is if you play really aggressively and harass a lot, using your E to proc Silver Bolts.

Condemn: Vayne draws a heavy crossbow from her back, and fires a huge bolt at her target, dealing damage and knocking them back. If they collide with terrain, they are impaled, dealing bonus damage and stunning them.
Better than nothing. Use it to zone, maybe some light harass, but I predict that this is going to be high mana. Very good tool for fending off ganks, I suppose.

Final Hour (Ultimate): Readying herself for an epic confrontation, Vayne gains increased Attack Damage, stealth during Tumble, and quadruple the bonus Movement Speed from Night Hunter.
It's a steroid. What more do you want? Numbers obviously count, and the stealth from Tumble may be major as well.

I'm definitely thinking mid carry for Vayne. Zoning potential with Q is huge. Autoattack range will be very important for this champ. As for a final build, a lot depends on scaling, but I'm thinking a standard ranged carry build (I-Edge, Black Cleaver, etc). Definitely want some AS to proc W. I'm also thinking she may want CDR to abuse Q more. It seems like a really potent mobility/positioning/chasing tool. However, I can't think of any good CDR items on her.

Ah well. Your thoughts?
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2011 3:15pm | Report
Twitch build.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2011 4:32pm | Report
I see a nice combo opportunity with her Q and E, however her W does seem quite useless, it's probably better with attack speed. SotD maybe?

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2011 4:40pm | Report
Build her with double slow as a bulky ranged carry and watch as you survive 5 man ganks. TriForce/Lichbane would be good with Tumble but honestly Triforce and Madreds sounds zomgdeadly on her.

Miraisen
<Member>
Miraisen's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2011 6:50pm | Report
No possible way that her W could be toggle?

EDIT: Is it me or on the stream they just said it was a passive?
Miraisen - US
In ninjas we trust...
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2011 7:27pm | Report
It appears as a passive, yes. You can't click it.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2011 7:45pm | Report
Her Q's on roughly a 4 second cooldown, it seems. Triforce should probably be core on her. The Vayne on the enemy team was dealing TONS of damage every Triforce proc.

So I'm thinking a build similar to Ezreal now. Still lost on what we can do for CDR though. :/
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2011 7:47pm | Report
Could Frozen Heart be an option? I see her bulky-ish, kinda like Irelia.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2011 7:52pm | Report
Tbh we might end up going with "Ionian Boots of Lucidity" and "Cloak and Dagger" to get that combo of CDR and defense.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2011 7:53pm | Report
Youmuu's, maybe? Quite o.k offensive item w/ CDR.
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide