Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Why do people think cho is a tank?

Creator: mastajdog October 9, 2011 6:19pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Urscythe
<Member>
Urscythe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 10:23pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Cho is a good tank.

RoA is an absolutely awful investment, because AP Cho is the worst kind of Cho.

Building resistances is the best way to go, and if you're doing that you might as well tank.

However, Offtank Cho is really really good. Very strong.

I find myself jungling him more and more as well.

Wat. RoA is an extremely good item on Cho. He benefits from all aspects of it.

You build Cho with AP. He has superb coefficients and you want Feast to hit as hard as you can. Attack speed is a troll build and I'd worry about your mental competence if you went AD.

Thanks to Jsta for the sig image.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2011 12:22am | Report
Don't mind Duff. I think RoA killed his parents or something... He hates that item any way...

And as many pointed out. RoA is a great hybrid item. Gives you pretty much all the stats you will ever need.

And after it you can build pretty much anything to go into what role you want.

Cho'gath is prob the only hero that can build anything and still do good.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2011 1:21am | Report
I'm just the guy who says, "If there's anything better out there, might as well do/use that instead."

And there are a plethora of items better than RoA for Cho.

I like that Item for a lot of casters, Karthus and Swain come to mind.

Otherwise, for Cho it just sucks compared to the other options.

Wit's End with E max is better, Frozen heart is better tankiness with CDR's to add more dmg, etc etc etc.

Even Abyssal Scepter is substantially better for Cho than RoA and Abyssal's not good on Cho either.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2011 1:38am | Report
AP Cho's AoE damage is plain wow. Lol.

Anyways, Cho is a good tank because he can constantly dirupt enemies with CC WHILE ALSO being a MAJOR threat with his damage output from his abilities.

RoA isn't core on cho.
I don't run it.
HotshotGG doesn't run it either.
It's definitely decent on him, but I prefer other items.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2011 1:47am | Report
JunSupport wrote:

How does building Frozen Heart and Banshee's Veil not make him a tank?

Cho'Gath is a mage tank. You need a little caster-style stats, AND you need a little bulkiness to do well.
Rod of Ages is core because it gives both; ap and mana for his caster-side, and health for his tank-side. Catalyst the Protector's level-up effect also serves for excellent laning power.

BV isn't an ideal item on Cho, because you have a health steroid, and RoA keeps the level-up effect now. Veil, as a general item, is nice, but is more suited for enemies with less spammable spells, such as Morgana, Lux, Gragas, etc..
Better to go Rod of Ages, Frozen Heart, and Force of Nature -> For the movement speed, superior magic resist, and amp'd health-regeneration.

Also, Morello's Evil Tome is not an ideal item for all situations - Especially since both FH and Morello's have 20% CDR, so any mastery you have for CDR will get wasted. Better then get your AP from RoA.

Agree with pretty much all of this for once :)
Well, I dunno if it's core, but it's close to it at least.

DuffTime wrote:

RoA is an absolutely awful investment, because AP Cho is the worst kind of Cho.

Yeeeaaaa... no. Ignorant opinion.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2011 1:49am | Report
Quoted:

RoA isn't core on cho.
I don't run it.
HotshotGG doesn't run it either.
It's definitely decent on him, but I prefer other items.

He does sometimes. I've seen it a few times and the times he doesn't get it he still builds catayst for the lane and later builds it into Banshee.
He even runs ROA on Galio sometimes.
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2011 1:52am | Report
Searz wrote:

He does sometimes. I've seen it a few times and the times he doesn't get it he still builds catayst for the lane and later builds it into Banshee.
He even runs ROA on Galio sometimes.

Oh, lol. Didn't know that.
By building Roa you're basically building on the fact that you can get a large amount of health with feast stacks by getting more health and ap.

By running a different item, like Hotshot normally does with a Frozen Heart, you're getting CDR, Mana, and Armor. And since you already have a lot of health, you can get important stats you need without having to buy health to soak up damage.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2011 2:03am | Report
Well, FH is almost core on Cho imo, so you'd get it anyway :P
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2011 2:13am | Report
Well there is a difference by getting it first or later :P
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2011 2:18am | Report
All depends on who you are upp against top.

If you are against Talon for example. Ofc you rush a Frozen hearth.

But if you are upp against an akali. You might wanna rush wit's end or force of nature or banshee.

Or if you are just stomping top, a RoA never hurts.

Cho'gath is just really good at counterbuilding ;).
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide