Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Why do people think cho is a tank?

Creator: mastajdog October 9, 2011 6:19pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
mastajdog
<Editor>
mastajdog's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 6:19pm | Report
No, really, i want to know. and why does everybody love a roa on him? i perfer not getting any health items, and instead using Frozen Heart Banshee's Veil and morollo's evil tome to solve those problems. can anybody please explain why people hate on that?
Mastajdog, "You shall bow in the presence of the masta."
please +rep if i've been helpful at all, and come check out my guides!
credits to The Nameless Bard and greynadefor the awsome signatures, and me for the others.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 7:02pm | Report
How does building Frozen Heart and Banshee's Veil not make him a tank?

Cho'Gath is a mage tank. You need a little caster-style stats, AND you need a little bulkiness to do well.
Rod of Ages is core because it gives both; ap and mana for his caster-side, and health for his tank-side. Catalyst the Protector's level-up effect also serves for excellent laning power.

BV isn't an ideal item on Cho, because you have a health steroid, and RoA keeps the level-up effect now. Veil, as a general item, is nice, but is more suited for enemies with less spammable spells, such as Morgana, Lux, Gragas, etc..
Better to go Rod of Ages, Frozen Heart, and Force of Nature -> For the movement speed, superior magic resist, and amp'd health-regeneration.

Also, Morello's Evil Tome is not an ideal item for all situations - Especially since both FH and Morello's have 20% CDR, so any mastery you have for CDR will get wasted. Better then get your AP from RoA.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 7:11pm | Report
What Jun said, back when I actually mained Cho I would build RoA, Frozen Heart and Force of Nature in some order in just about every game.

From there it rather depends what enemy team you're facing, but I generally went for Abyssal Scepter, Rabadons or Sunfire Cape depending (not entirely sure sunfire is the best bet though, I was thinking about changing it out for something...perhaps an Atma's? Cho does have a lot of health after all).
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 7:57pm | Report
cho'gath is a tank because he has great cc, and a large size which eats up skillshots, protecting his team.

and yes you're building defense which makes you a tank.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Symphunny
<Member>
Symphunny's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 8:02pm | Report
hes not a tank, i build Rabadon's Deathcap on him (:

Special thanks to Brynollf, -FanArt-, Xiaowiriamu (x3), Spooon, reppinFTC and jhoijhoi for making the awesome sigs :P
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 9:29pm | Report
Cho is a good tank.

RoA is an absolutely awful investment, because AP Cho is the worst kind of Cho.

Building resistances is the best way to go, and if you're doing that you might as well tank.

However, Offtank Cho is really really good. Very strong.

I find myself jungling him more and more as well.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 9:50pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

RoA is an absolutely awful investment, because AP Cho is the worst kind of Cho.

Really?

Since his AP ratios got buffed and his base values nerfed, I get RoA pretty much every game on Cho. It provides great sustain with the early Catalyst, and between that HP and his ult, you can pretty much just stack a ton of resistances and be really really tough to kill.

Though I do agree that nuker Cho is pretty bad. AS Cho is probably more viable.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Symphunny
<Member>
Symphunny's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 9:54pm | Report
Cho'Gath too versatile.

Special thanks to Brynollf, -FanArt-, Xiaowiriamu (x3), Spooon, reppinFTC and jhoijhoi for making the awesome sigs :P
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 10:14pm | Report
What makes him a tank more then anything else.

Feast - "If the target is killed, Cho'Gath grows, gaining extra health (max 6 stacks)." - Cho has a health steroid!

Mage Tank Cho has decent damage while being incredibly bulky.
Pure mage Cho is squishy.
Pure tank Cho does everything mage tank Cho can do, but with slightly less damage.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Sacull_Kinslayer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 10:22pm | Report
Cho'Gath says "QUUUIIIIIEEEEETTTTTTT!"

Great CC, Natural health steroid, great CC, big HP, Largest animations, and NOMNOMNOM make him a tank. Caster Tank... but tank nonetheless.
Did I manage to assist you in any way? Hook me up by hitting that nifty +Rep button.

All guides have been archived due to my not being able to play LoL currently. The information is still there and is good but until I return they will be archived. I am able to keep them updated and current though.

Vladimir's Blood Resource. Designed for beginner's and beyond.
Vladimir's Blood Resource: Post Nerf Edition.
The Exemplar of Tanking: Jarvan IV .

Making a Guide by jhoijhoi This is everything you need to know about making a guide. Amazing.

...and Buffy staked Edward. The End.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide