Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

WuKong Theorycraft Thread

Creator: JunSupport July 19, 2011 11:04pm
Atheb
<Member>
Atheb's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 12:09am | Report
to a part i agree with jun... regrowth doesnt give you fighting abillity.
boots start is pretty nice and will sometimes give you an advantage in a fight though not always.

still rushing philo seems pretty nice on him...
will try boots into philo normally you should get enough gold.

couldnt really test the build... my lane went good got 2 kills unfortunatly our teams where 2 : 12 at this point and a fed leblanc was roaming and killing everything with 1 combo from full health.

will try again^^
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 1:40am | Report
I don't think you need philo on him, really.

Farms well, low mana costs.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 2:53am | Report
I had huge success building this:

Item Sequence

Boots 300
Wriggle's Lantern 1800
Ninja Tabi 1100
Mercury's Treads 1100
Trinity Force 3333
Spirit Visage 2900

Not quite sure what to Build afterwards since I never came to Build more, but I would go for Atmog's, Bloodthirster, Wit's End(Had this one time, had a great synergy with the aspd boost from E), TBC, or just other Tanky stuff.
When they fix the range bug, I would definitely go for Brut instead of Wriggles into Youmuus after Triforce.

My runes were:

Runes

Domination
Electrocute
Predator
Fleet Footwork
Phase Rush
I play him solo top and this allows me to stay there as long as I want without getting a Regrowth/Philo and play really agressive since his Q-E Combo deals nice dmg at lvl 5.

Masteries are 0/18/12

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Hamduden
<Member>
Hamduden's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 2:23pm | Report
Some questions:
Why do you think Doran's Shield is better than the other starting options?
Do you feel that Spirit Visage is working nice on him? And do you buy it after TF and boots?
What do you go for in the defense three?

:p

EDIT: concerning skill sequence, it's seems to me that maxing E before Q is the best way. More raw damage, and since the 30% armor penetration is the same at all lvls of Q, I believe I'm right. lol. Opinions?
Regards

Hamduden // Ezaculatte (EUW)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 3:48pm | Report
Winter, don't mix dodge and armor seals without a good reason. You got one?
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
Wintermond
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 4:08pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Winter, don't mix dodge and armor seals without a good reason. You got one?

I mix them because I take Nimbleness in the defense tree and actually want to profit from it with 6% Dodge total, and still start off with 22 Armor when starting with Dorans Shield.

You can go full flat armor seals if you like that more, ofc, that's just a thing of my playstyle.

El Psy Congroo.

caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 7:06pm | Report
and why spirit visage? he has no healing skills at all.

e is also your main harassing tool, maxing it first would be best.

lets do some real math here though, over which would be better, Last Whisper or Black Cleaver. i would also try calculating youmuus but thats just a cluster**** of stats that i'm going to ignore it for now.

and we're doing this math as if his q worked as intended, otherwise theres already math done by searz for this ****.

at max rank crushing blow has a 5 second cooldown with a 3 second debuff. so the target would be debuffed most of the time if you didn't have any cdr. so it would be best to itemize for this, unless you keep jumping targets for some reason.

anyway, the debuff is 30%, meaning that any penetration would be calculated for 70% of their armor.

last whisper is the most straightforward. 40 damage and 40% penetration, 40% of 70% is 28%. so you would technically have 58% penetration.

black cleaver gives 55 damage, 30% attack speed, and 15 armor debuff that is applied 3 times. reducing enemy armor by 45 and 30%.

230 is the threshold where 28% of 70% of the targets armor starts to be greater than 45. but you also have to calculate the 15 extra damage and 30% attack speed.

against targets that have 250 armor you'll have 4 more penetration on last whisper.
against targets that have 275 armor you'll have 8.9 more penetration on last whisper.
against targets that have 300 armor you'll have 13.8 more penetration on last whisper.

this is where i'm stopping. searz will have to do the rest of the math if he wants.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 7:36pm | Report
Wintermond wrote:

I mix them because I take Nimbleness in the defense tree and actually want to profit from it with 6% Dodge total, and still start off with 22 Armor when starting with Dorans Shield.

You can go full flat armor seals if you like that more, ofc, that's just a thing of my playstyle.

Are 6% dodge and 22 armor some magic numbers you're trying to reach?
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 7:42pm | Report
i have armor runes with nimbleness. dodge isn't that reliable unless you're jax.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Wintermond
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 2:25am | Report
caucheka wrote:

and why spirit visage? he has no healing skills at all.

e is also your main harassing tool, maxing it first would be best.

Ofc you max E first.

Spirit Visage is a good Item, even if he has no heals.
He gets nice HP, Mres and CdR for a really good price.
I "discovered" this Item lately and am using this more often, and especially on Wukong its strong because his Ult is bugged and only one Skill scales, so he has to go for CdR.

My Build is pretty much how Wickd builds him, I recommend watching his stream atm, he plays Wukong often.

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=342289

El Psy Congroo.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide