Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

WuKong Theorycraft Thread

Creator: JunSupport July 19, 2011 11:04pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
Gunnarownsu
<Member>
Gunnarownsu's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 8:08pm | Report
JunSupport wrote:

Just tried him in-game. (Got restless and splurged my IP </3)

WuKong is VERY underwhelming late-game.

Stone Skin: 4~6 armor/mr per enemy. Weak.
Crushing Blow's armor-shred only works on base-armor AND there's no AD scaling. Not strong at all.
Cyclone's damage doesn't make it worth using for the full-duration. It can't match auto-attacking + ability casts, so it's best to cancel it after all enemies have been proc'd with knock-up's.

His early/mid game is very fun, but once the enemies have minimal armor and health, his damage takes a huge dip. Combat becomes tedious and weak.
Hoping for AD-scaling added to Q, and minor buffs to Cyclone/Stone-Skin next patch.

FYI: I'm referring to fighting bots in Coop VS AI. It got weak and tedious to fight BOTS...

Most successful build so far.

Start: x3
Early game:
Mid game:
Late game: / +

Got the Madred's to scale with enemy health, because his damage just felt bad at that point.

this build is great,the way to go thanks a ton

thanks toThe Nameless Bard,WaffleWarrior Alexanpt,Infraynor, Palzm, and Mastajdog for these amazing sigs.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 8:09pm | Report
I have heard nothing but bad things about this "king", lol. Not gonna waste my IP on this champion.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 8:50pm | Report
yeah stoneskin is kinda bad.. 40 armor/mr at max.

a little buff to stoneskin and maybe his ult. i mean the base damage is weird as ****. 20/110/200 +100% ad per second for 4 seconds. damage on it could use a buff. maybe 50/150/250.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 9:45pm | Report
I'd only agree with making Cyclone's rank 1 do 50 damage.

Otherwise, leave the rest as they are, and maybe give him 1.5 AD scaling instead.
Come late game, his Ultimate is only good for the knock-up. His on-hit DPS is superior to the spin damage.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 9:59pm | Report
To me he felt fine overall.

First Impressions:

Positives I found:
-He is a solid duo laner although I question his ability to solo top against an Irelia. (Like a lot of champs Irelia outclasses them in the solo lane IMO.) But it's not impossible.
-His damage output from Q is immense, great when you have a sheen/Triforce proc.
-His jukes are solid, although it appears he drops stealth when hit by any AoE ability.
-He can fit the tanky DPS role very well.
-His pushing capabilities are insane.

Negatives I found:
-His passive is unnoticeable even in full fledged team fights. IMO potential change to %DMG reduction per enemy near by. Stacking up to 10% or 20%, not overly OP and compensates for the fight regardless of Mpen or Armor Pen.
-His cool downs can be cumbersome mid game taking away from a lot of the damage Wukong could/should be doing.
-His mid and late game damage taper off, he's still solid DPS but champions like Xin Zhao and Udyr over shadow this. The redeeming quality in this though is that Q remains a persistent AD nuke all game long. Mine was hitting upwards of 500-800 damage mid to late game.
-His ability to last hit is odd. Possibly a slight glitch in the auto attack animation, overall though judging last hits can be a bit challenging.
-Decoy is great but the fact that it does not give you a built in flash causes problems against AoE abilities. IMO the stealth should be immune to oracles and pink wards to compensate for its short duration and lack of MS buff.
-His ulti is a bit weird, the range for which you can knock people up does not seem to fit the graphic. And the fact it can only knock opponents up once is sad. If it provided a slow after they were knocked up it would be a bit stronger.

Majoritively he is a solid pick. If I was Elementz I'd place him in mid-high Tier 3 low tier 2. It's only the first day of him being out so if you're unsure I'd suggest sit and wait. People need time to develop a stronger opinion of him. At least a week. Although my analysis contradicts what I just said. Those things are my first impressions, they may change with more games played. Thus far I do like what I am seeing. Hopefully I didn't sound like a total jack *** with that analysis
xLiqur
<Member>
xLiqur's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 10:02pm | Report
lee sin clone to me :/ really lack luster.

BC does seem amazing in theory...but i dk, probably Altmogs will be best on him :/

edit: cant believe im having more fun playing leona than wukong :/
The battleroom is ready. Liqur's hands are steady. The enemy is deadly.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 10:54pm | Report

Negatives I found:
-His passive is unnoticeable even in full fledged team fights. IMO potential change to %DMG reduction per enemy near by. Stacking up to 10% or 20%, not overly OP and compensates for the fight regardless of Mpen or Armor Pen.
Nice idea. I'd like to see it give 5% per enemy, stacking up to 25%
-His cool downs can be cumbersome mid game taking away from a lot of the damage Wukong could/should be doing.
He's basic-attack oriented. Nimbus Strike and Crushing blow are initiation skills. You're suppose to rely on your melee-hits for a large portion of fights.
-His mid and late game damage taper off, he's still solid DPS but champions like Xin Zhao and Udyr over shadow this. The redeeming quality in this though is that Q remains a persistent AD nuke all game long. Mine was hitting upwards of 500-800 damage mid to late game.
800? That's impossible. Bonus damage is 30/60/90/120/150, no scaling. Your basic attack is 100~120 at level18, and Triforce adds about 150~170. That totals only 450 or so. Even with bonus AD, you're hitting 600 tops BEFORE armor-calculations. Unless you crit.
-His ability to last hit is odd. Possibly a slight glitch in the auto attack animation, overall though judging last hits can be a bit challenging.
I didn't notice this, but I spent most of my time using Q's attack-reset and E to hit.
-Decoy is great but the fact that it does not give you a built in flash causes problems against AoE abilities. IMO the stealth should be immune to oracles and pink wards to compensate for its short duration and lack of MS buff.
Decoy isn't an all purpose escape mechanism. You're looking for [{Sanguine Pool]]. Decoy is made for juking and initiation. That's why the stealth is short, it's so you can sneak around FOR attacking.
Oracles is up for removal though, coming with the stealth rework.

-His ulti is a bit weird, the range for which you can knock people up does not seem to fit the graphic. And the fact it can only knock opponents up once is sad. If it provided a slow after they were knocked up it would be a bit stronger.
Cyclone is weak in general. Only Knocking-up once is balanced. Though I agree that the animation seems off.

Read the yellow text.

@xLiqur:

I find Leona very cumbersome to play. Ironically, the only way I tolerate her at all is when I build [{Sunfire Cape]]. It supplements her damage, and improved her farming a ton.

Her farming is pretty difficult due to low AoE damage and her damage output are very pitiful if you lack an ally to proc your passive. (If you have an ally, it evens out to her being a pretty strong tank.)
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2011 2:19am | Report
Reading the first impressions of WuKong, he seems to have the same problems as release-Lee Sin.
Ratios too low, Ultimate with a good concept but far too less dmg.

I saw Stonewall's Wukong jungle Video and it took him 7:20 to reach lvl6.

Without having him played(EUW), I'd say that he needs an AD scaling on Q and a higher scaling on E and R(especially on his ult).

Also, I think that going for an early Bloodthirster after rushing Phage may be a nice deal, but that's just Theory.

yee,900.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2011 2:44am | Report
but q just buffs the damage of his next auto attack. its already got a scaling. also the fact that the armor reduction is bugged.

his ult definitely needs more to it. more damage and maybe the ability to knock up a second time after 3 seconds (that way you can knock up someone twice if you hit them when you start and when you're about to stop.)
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2011 5:49am | Report
JunSupport wrote:

Read the yellow text.

@xLiqur:

I find Leona very cumbersome to play. Ironically, the only way I tolerate her at all is when I build [{Sunfire Cape]]. It supplements her damage, and improved her farming a ton.

Her farming is pretty difficult due to low AoE damage and her damage output are very pitiful if you lack an ally to proc your passive. (If you have an ally, it evens out to her being a pretty strong tank.)

Yes I was critting. (I should have mentioned it)

I'm not saying Decoy isn't good where it is, it's a little haphazard in team fights.

Odd last hitting, IDK everyone might have a different experience there.

And I know Q and E work as initiates, as well one of them buffs his AS right? I don't recall which atm or if that Decoy that does that :/. But the AS almost seems wasted, hmmmmmm we will just have to see what happens.
I still think he's rather enjoyable to play.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide