Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

WuKong Theorycraft Thread

Creator: JunSupport July 19, 2011 11:04pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
SinDelta
<Member>
SinDelta's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 1:34am | Report
I'm thinking I'll rush a Spin to win, to maximize his Ults damage.
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnySceneTM
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 6:01am | Report
Spotlight is out.

Sheen and Trinity Force look really good.
Though, his AD-ratios still need to be seen. He may be very good as a pure AD champ like Vayne too.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
ShenMasterFlash
<Member>
ShenMasterFlash's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 8:10am | Report
I'm actually very interested in this discussion. Wukong looks like a champ I will actually enjoy playing, with his passive, gap closer, and stealth allowing him to get into and out of a fight quickly.

I guess starting out I will probably go doran's blade, merc treads, triforce, and atmogs.
Maybe try to fit an early brutalizer > ghostblade in there as well. Rest of items will either be DPS or more tank. Guess we'll have to wait til tonight to really find out.
Yurka
<Member>
Yurka's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 3:57pm | Report
I have been playing a few games and I like the sheen+brutalizer early game. Mid to late game I go for Trinity force and Bloodthirster

I have yet to decide what defensive items to keep though
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 4:18pm | Report
He seems like a tanky DPS build or PURE DPS build. All in all I'm excited about him.

Id suggest Philo Stone start. Rush sheen and Phage. Snag brutalizer and boots, finish tri force. Get atmas and finish with sunfire or Banshee's veil.
Queso
<Member>
Queso's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 4:43pm | Report
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=12033306#post12033306
Quoted:

[Q] Wukong's Crushing Blow
40 Mana
9/8/7/6/5 sec Cooldown
Wukong's next attack deals 30/60/90/120/150 bonus physical damage and reduces the enemy's Armor by 30% for 3 seconds.

[W] Wukong's Decoy
50/55/60/65/70 Mana
18/16/14/12/10 sec Cooldown
Wukong becomes stealthed for 1.5 seconds. An uncontrollable decoy is left behind that will deal 70/115/160/205/250 (+0.6 x AP) magic damage to enemies near it after 1.5 seconds.

[E] Wukong's Nimbus Strike
45/50/55/60/65 Mana
8 sec Cooldown
650 range
Wukong dashes toward a target enemy and sends out images to attack up to 2 additional enemies near his target dealing 60/105/150/195/240 (+0.8 x bonus damage) physical damage to each enemy struck. Upon hitting his target Wukong gains 20/25/30/35/40% Attack Speed for 3 seconds.

[R] Wukong's Cyclone
100 Mana
120/105/90 sec Cooldown
Wukong's staff grows outward and he spins it around dealing 20/110/200 (+1.0 x total damage) physical damage per second and knocking up enemies he encounters. Wukong gains speed (+5% MS) over the duration of the spell. Lasts 4 seconds.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 5:05pm | Report
That's a nice steroid he's got on Nimbus Strike.

Crushing Blow is sweet too. 30% armor is A LOT! I'd definitely want to get Black Cleaver on him.
Against someone with 100 armor, you're end up removing over 60 armor within 3 strikes, and be dealing a amazing damage.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 5:09pm | Report
^^ DIS
Tesche
<Member>
Tesche's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 5:48pm | Report
This is all still just theory cause, though I have purchased him, I've yet to play as him.
A lot of champs have been mentioned here, but his closest "cousin" feels like Irelia to me.

HP Tanky DPS build intrigues me

Trinity
Frozen Mallet
Warmogs
Atma's
Quicksilver

Boots are an intriguing item for him. Mercs or Tabi seem natural choices depending on the strengths of your opposing team, but increasing his closing speed with Swiftness might also be nice. Additionally, using Mobility to move around the map as quick as possible (if playing the assassin role) could be very nice. I'm definitely going to have to do some mixing and matching.

Hexdrinker was mentioned by someone previously, and I do think it could have it's place in a Wukong build as well...

HP Tanky DPS was the first thing that sprang to my mind, I know it lacks armor pen other than runes and his Q, so that could prove a debilitating issue with the build. No harm in the trying though.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 7:57pm | Report
Just tried him in-game. (Got restless and splurged my IP </3)

WuKong is VERY underwhelming late-game.

Stone Skin: 4~6 armor/mr per enemy. Weak.
Crushing Blow's armor-shred only works on base-armor AND there's no AD scaling. Not strong at all.
Cyclone's damage doesn't make it worth using for the full-duration. It can't match auto-attacking + ability casts, so it's best to cancel it after all enemies have been proc'd with knock-up's.

His early/mid game is very fun, but once the enemies have minimal armor and health, his damage takes a huge dip. Combat becomes tedious and weak.
Hoping for AD-scaling added to Q, and minor buffs to Cyclone/Stone-Skin next patch.

FYI: I'm referring to fighting bots in Coop VS AI. It got weak and tedious to fight BOTS...

Most successful build so far.

Start: x3
Early game:
Mid game:
Late game: / +

Got the Madred's to scale with enemy health, because his damage just felt bad at that point.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide