Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

WuKong Theorycraft Thread

Creator: JunSupport July 19, 2011 11:04pm
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2011 11:08am | Report
Searz wrote:

Kinda, but I don't think crit is all that on Wukong.

^ Exactly.
Wukong has good abilities to be very mobile in a Teamfight and to distort the enemy, making him kind of like Irelia and both only need Triforce(Maybe Wit's End) as damage items to pull some aggro.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2011 1:00pm | Report
@Searz:

Directly, no, but TriForce, and The Brutalizer are two very good items for WuKong.
Infinity Edge has the highest raw AD, so it's the best item to scale with his Nimbus Strike like Cyclone.

If you're itemized for Crit chance coincidentally, might as well rank masteries to make the champ flow better.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 1:49am | Report
There are better items to get if you want a little damage.
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
Atheb
<Member>
Atheb's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 11:53am | Report
i heard about this bug with youmuus not counting wus attacks as melee is this still going?.
brutalizer-> triforce-> ghostblade seams very strong but i corious abot this bug

that early brutalizer is pretty nice. combined with 21 offense your early becomes way better.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 12:20pm | Report
I believe the Ghostblade glitch hasn't been patched yet.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 12:55pm | Report
@Searz:

There is no item that can consistently give more AD then Infinity Edge. What magical item are you referring to?

@Atheb:

WuKong isn't getting any hotfixes. Next patch~
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 1:51pm | Report
Items that give more damage for the money.
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
Atheb
<Member>
Atheb's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 2:21pm | Report
i guess mostof us agree that tf is pretty nice on him. it takes a while to build especially if you first go for brutalizer. that youmuus after is still nice adn will be even better after glitch fixed. from there on both searz points and juns arguments have their truths.

if you need cheap fast dmg i guess there are better items but why not buy a IE if you can afford it?
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2011 3:55pm | Report
I generally rush Trinity Force so far.

Usually the game is decided by then, and I'm finishing Brutalizer and farming for B.F Sword.
I build the major AD components first, so that Nimbus Strike gains a ton of impact along with Sheen procs for Crushing Blow. Makes it really easy to farm too when you can hit for 180+ normal damage and both Q and E burst for average over 400 damage.

When I do get Infinity Edge finished my combo will deal over 500 damage (after armor) just from initation, and the criticals dealing over 400 damage (after armor) really follow up well with Nimbus Strike's AS steroid and Crushing Blow's attack reset.
I tend to buy Ionian Boots unless I feed a little and have a bad start. With so much cooldown reduction,
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2011 4:33am | Report
Okay, I'm gonna bump this thread with a small guideline of my Wukong playstyle.

After playing ALOT of Wukong the past month, I feel like I'm good enough on him to share my Build with you.

Runes:

Runes

Precision
Fleet Footwork
Phase Rush

Masteries:Item Builds:
CORE:

Item Sequence

Wriggle's Lantern 1800
Mercury's Treads 1100
Ninja Tabi 1100
Trinity Force 3333
I rush Wriggles because it's an awesome lane Item and you are most likely outlaning your enemy as soon as you have this. Tabi against AD, Mercs against AP. Later in the game I switch to Mercs most of the time.
Always start your TF with Phage, the slow and HP are golden on tha lane.
The post-core Items are all situational:

Youmuu's Ghostblade is one of the best Items for Wukong because of the damage, steroids and CdR. This Item also has great synergy with Decoy jukes. I get it most of the time, unless I have to go really tanky early.

Force of Nature against magical damage.

Frozen Heart or Randuin's Omen against physical damage.

If you're farming really well, get Frozen Mallet or Warmog's Armor and Atma's Impaler.

If you are dominating your lane, get The Brutalizer after Wriggles.

When the enemy has a fed AP early, get Hexdrinker, when you're facing an AP on your lane ditch the Wriggles and get Hexdrinker.

I am very successfull with this Build and playstyle, and I felt like bumping this Thread because Wukong needs more attention, since he can change the tide of a game when he's well farmed. :)
I hope you give this a shot, and if you have any questions, ask.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide