Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Zz'Rot Portal on Tanks

Creator: Re4XN August 3, 2015 7:11am
1 2
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 7:11am | Report
Hello, as usual I've been playing Dr. Mundo and some guy commented on my guide I should try to build Zz'Rot Portal on him (I used to a long time ago, then I forgot about it's existance). I tested it in a game and it really makes your splitpushing, wave control and other things better. That said, do you think it is a viable item on Dr. Mundo and/or other tanks (like Braum for instance)? If so, when should I build it? In the game I played I buit it right after my Sunfire Aegis and Mercury's Treads and it worked just fine.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 7:23am | Report
I just feel like the item takes up a slot that could be used for something else. It's a really tough item, to balance: better stats would mean it'd be a must buy because of the utility + tankyness it'd provide, but I think current stats are just ok for teamfighting :/

I mean, tanks are about soaking up damage, I really need the best stat providers out there. I'd say this is a good option if you're snowballing and wanna create harder map pressure.
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

terrorearl
<Member>
terrorearl's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 11:16am | Report
Great pick when you are against hyper ap team (as it gives you tons of mr) and when you wanna splitpush or force 5v4s but when you are more group oriented toplaner, try banner of command. It creates powerful pushing minion and its awesome combined with baron buff. Usually i dont get the portal, rarely taking it
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 11:28am | Report
Why is it good vs Hyper AP team? Against hyper AP team I just pick up a Locket of the Iron Solari on Dr. Mundo, it is way better and everyone on my team benefits from it. Besides, it also gives you 60 armour, meaning this is the item that gives the most resistances. Banner of Command is a waste on top laners, it is generally better on supports and even then only if the team is ahead, because there are way better items to build. I tested the Zz'Rot Portal on Dr. Mundo today, and despite losing the game in the end, I managed to stall it for a good amount of time with the help of the Voidgate. Destroying turrets has never been so easy and a 100% chance that the lane is going to push in your favour is great for pressure. Also, what do you mean with "group oriented"?
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 11:33am | Report
I would generally say Banner of Command is way more usefull if you can make use out of the AP Scaling. I don't know why no team by now abused 5 man Banner of Command big wave pushing, similar back in time with Promote. Especially because the current version is even stronger.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 11:43am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
I would generally say Banner of Command is way more usefull if you can make use out of the AP Scaling. I don't know why no team by now abused 5 man Banner of Command big wave pushing, similar back in time with Promote. Especially because the current version is even stronger.

Because you're wasting a slot for any champion that doesn't scale with AP/HP since the aura is unique, even if the passive isn't.

The good about banner is that AP-Focused teams have a hard time dealing with the promoted minion, since it's immune to ap damage. It helps relieve pressure on a lane/pressure it, and the aura is still there.
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 12:05pm | Report
Don't build it.
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 12:10pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:
Don't build it.

The Zz'Rot Portal or the Banner of Command? xD
Because ZzzzSSDacsahdnkkgjsng'Rot isn't actually a bad item.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 12:13pm | Report
For tanks, neither one is a good buy.

Zz'Rot would be decent if the active was actually slightly useful.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 12:14pm | Report
If you only want resistances, you have to make the decision between Zz'Rot Portal and Guardian Angel, guess which item is most of the time superior.

But, oh well: http://www.leagueoflegendsmath.com/Must_Reads/Yorick_Guide.html
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide