Draven Build Guide by misterfirstblood
[9.8] Draven Guide by misterfirstbloodBy misterfirstblood | Updated on April 23, 2019
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
+9 Adaptive (5.4 AD or 9 AP)
+9 Adaptive (5.4 AD or 9 AP)
Champion Build Guide
[9.8] Draven Guide by misterfirstbloodBy misterfirstblood
Hello guys, I'm MisterFirstBlood from EUW and today I'm gonna show you how to play conqueror Draven in Season 9.
Playing Draven is still very risky. Either you will win very hard or you lose hard. Bounty gold changes are also very important.
You really have to try to make kills and don't die at the same time with Draven otherwise he doesn't really work well.
+ Can generate a lot of extra gold.
+ Snowballing the game is easy when you get Lead.
+ Amazing damage output.
+ You will improve by playing draven. Not to die, catch all axes, move between your attacks.
Everything you need to get better in League.
+ Tyler will be proud when you do well.
- No Mobility except movement speed from W.
- You will be Focused very hard when playing Draven.
- You should not die or you will lose 75% of your Stacks.
- When Draven is behind he's in a very bad situation. There is no room for mistakes.
- Hard to master.
- Tyler will be sad when you lose.
When Draven catches a Spinning Axe, kills a non-champion or destroys a turret, he gains a stack of Adoration.
In addition, killing a minion or champion summoned unit grants a Strike stack for 10 seconds, up to a maximum of 6. If he drops an axe or if an enemy minion near him dies without Draven killing it, he loses all of his Strike stacks. At 6 Strike stacks, he consumes all of his Strike stacks, and gains 2 bonus Adoration stacks.
When Draven kills an enemy champion, he consumes all of his Adoration stacks and gains 25 + (2 × stacks) bonus.
Draven loses 75% of his Adoration stacks upon death.
Active: Draven starts spinning his axe, causing his next basic attack within 5.8 seconds to deal bonus physical damage.
Bonus Physical Damage:
35 / 40 / 45 / 50 / 55 (+ 65 / 75 / 85 / 95 / 105% bonus AD)
The spinning axe ricochets off the target high up into the air, landing 2 seconds later at a location determined by Draven's current movement. If Draven catches an axe, Spinning Axe is applied for no additional cost on his next basic attack.
Draven can hold up to two Spinning Axes in his hands at once.
Active: Draven becomes ghosted for 1.5 seconds, gains bonus attack speed for 3 seconds and bonus movement speed which decays over 1.5 seconds.
Bonus Attack Speed:
20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40%
40 / 45 / 50 / 55 / 60%
Catching a Spinning Axe resets Blood Rush's cooldown.
Active: Draven throws his axes in a line, dealing physical damage to all enemies hit, knocking them aside and slowing them for 2 seconds.
75 / 110 / 145 / 180 / 215 (+ 50% bonus AD)
20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40%
Active: Draven hurls two massive axes in the target direction, dealing physical damage to all enemies struck.
175 / 275 / 375 (+ 110% bonus AD)
Upon reaching the edge of the map, striking an enemy champion, or upon the reactivation of Whirling Death, the axes slowly come to a stop before changing direction and returning to Draven, dealing the same physical damage to every enemy struck on the way back.
Whirling Death deals 100% - 40% (based on enemy hit) damage, this reduction resets when the axes reverse direction.
Minimum Physical Damage:
70 / 110 / 150 (+ 44% bonus AD)
Stormrazor and Bloodthirster are your core items and infinity edge also needs one of them so if you want feel free to stack 3 B.F. Swords.
Alternatively you can finish only Stormrazor/Bloodthirster and go for crit after.
Phantom Dancer might be the best choice and in combinations with Bloodthirster you are pretty tanky for an adc.
Defensive options like scimitar, ga or maw are possible as 5th or 6th item, same as armor pen.
Lethal tempo doesn't really has a synergy with dravens passive so i recommend you either Press the Attack or Aery, but since the other runes in Precision Tree fits more on Draven this should be your way to go.
Secondary tree should be Inspiration. Cause you are able to stack lots of BF Swords you can highly benefit from Future's Market and Magical Footwear and save some gold.
- Don't catch every axe in Fights. Enemies will see where your axe is gonna land so your movement is easy to predict and they can punish
- Play as aggressive as possible but also as defensive as needed to not give away kills. Your ultimate goal is not to die in lane and get kills at the same time.
- When trading 2v2 always focus at 1 target. You rather want to kill 1 champ then make 2 champs half life.
- Try to execute escaping enemies with your ult.
- When you get ganked try to deny gapclosers with your E, activate W and don't forget your stopwatch. It's possible to win 3v2 situations when your enemies play it bad and can't deal with minion waves.
- Before your Q duration is going to end just activate it again and it's duration is refreshed. You can also refresh it by attacking jungle monsters, towers and wards.
- When chasing an enemy make sure to catch every axe. This allows you to permanently activate W over and over again and makes it way easier to chase them down.
If you wanna see more of my league content or kaisa clips check out my channel
or check out my latest video
leave a like or comment if you enjoyed it!