This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Orianna Build Guide by House Paint
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Now, with that said, lets move on.
Well the problem with ADC's, is anybody other than other ADC's will end up with between 100-250 Armor. You can build Armor penetration, but beefy armor scaling tanks (Taric and Rammus) will still laugh at any adc's damage. The advantage to having an AP champ doing nearly as much damage, is that the enemy team can't just stack armor and health and force your AP to blow all of their spells and then have to wait on cooldowns. They Need to build some MR, increasing the damage dealt to them by your ADC.
"Okay, but that still leaves Cassiopeia and the like." Yes, they do still exist, but the advantages to Orianna over these AP champs bound to spells are:
1. Not relying on mana for damage- You won't get caught without mana and be absolutely helpless.
2. The Orianna ultimate- One of the best AOE CC ultimates in the game is on your team.
3. Farming- goodbye are the days of missing CS, because you obliterate all minions and jungle creeps in your path just with your basic attacks.
4. Magic Resist- By having two viable items that reduce Enemies Magic resist that both grant magic resist, instead of just one, magic resist and busty AP champs won't stop you. You will stop them.
Now, the reasons that you might be hesitant to use this build. (I cri ;~;)
1. She is a mana *****- 'Nuff said.
2. Minimal sustain in teamfights- Unlike most mages, who would mash their keys like a madman and then run to the backline, you are doing sustained damage, you aren't leaving that fight until you have to, or the enemies die. Champions that have spellvamp, lifesteal, or are just in general tanky enough to take a lot of damage will survive much better than Oriana, who will die very fast if she hard focused.
3. Lack of burst - Unlike a normal Orianna build, you can't do buttloads of damage to all enemies that are unlucky enough to get caught in your ult. You do have a lot of AP, but not nearly enough to instantly pop carries with the damage from your Q>R>W>E>Q combo. You have to basic attack them.
Lich bane - This item will give you LOADS of damage after every spell you use, and with the low cd on Orianna's q, this is a very good item with this build.
Nashor's tooth - granting AP and attack speed this is already a really nice item, the juicy Ap scaling basic attack passive only makes it better.
Wit's End - this item gives you magic resist, magic resist STEAL, and quite a bit of attack speed. It also gives you a little bit more AP damage on your basic attacks.
Seraph's Embrace - Mana and AP. Plus AP scaling from your mana... and a shield. Oh, and you kinda need it as Ori. just saying.
Abyssal Scepter - As well as giving AP and MR, it's Magic resist reducing passive is big enough for Ori's basic attack range. YAY.
Void Staff - Just to make sure that those MR stacking Galios cry at night.
(more items to be added with updates)
Ganking can go anywhere form horribad to amazing to just funny. By being squishy, ganking a prepared laner can end up with a dead robogirl (cri ;~;). When ganking with Ori, you can get creative with things, whether that means flash ulting the enemy support and adc for a double kill, or leashing the ball to your ally and having them jump on the enemy for you to cc, or ganking like a normal human (robot?) being and walking into lane and slapping people around with a ball. Just make sure your laner knows that you are ganking, otherwise nothing will get done.
Thanks for your time!