This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
[S3 Ready] A Simple Comprehensive Guide to Kha'Zix
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
When Kha'Zix crossed over into this world, he was fragile and ravenous. The animals he first encountered were too small to fuel the rapid evolution he craved. Kha'Zix focused his hunger on the most dangerous creatures he could find, risking his life to satisfy his need. With each kill he feasted and changed, becoming a stronger, faster predator. Kha'Zix soon chased his prey with unrestrained aggression, believing he was unstoppable. One day, while savoring a fresh kill, the predator became the prey. From cover a creature pounced in a blue of fangs and steel, tackling him to the ground. It roared in his face slashing and clawing, and Kha'Zix felt his blood spill for the first time. Screeching in fury, he sliced at the brute's eye driving it back. They fought from sunset to sunrise. Finally, near death, they reluctantly separated. As his wounds closed, Kha'Zix burned with anticipation at the idea of devouring one who could match the Void's strength. He resumed his search for powerful prey with renewed vigor. Someday, Kha'Zix will feast on Rengar.
- Decent sustain
- Good mobility
- High damage
- Strong 1v1
- Evolution bonuses
- Is a great hunter
- Takes time to master
- Focused a lot
- Requires clever positioning
- Rengar wants his flesh
The reason that I have chose attack damage marks was because you can never get too much attack damage, especially on a high burst champion like Kha'Zix. The extra attack damage will help you get that much desired edge on your opponent.
Choosing armor seals is a great choice for the many champions in the League. The extra armor is useful in just about every situation. Remember: All champions do some form of attack damage attack, whether it'd be an auto attack or an attack damage based ability. Armor is such a great stat to have.
Although magic resist isn't as desired as armor, it is nevertheless a great resistance to have. Magic damage based champions will not hit as hard as if you were to not have these runes.
Once again, more attack damage is never bad. These will provide more attack damage to help boost your early game. Always take the advantage over the enemy when you have the chance.
Fury 4/4 - I put 4 points into fury for the extra attack speed that it provides. I believe that this mastery is very important to all ad bursts so that damage can be dealt in a quick, constant succession.
Sorcery 4/4 - Sorcery is good because it gives much needed cooldown reduction to Kha'Zix so that he may spam his abilities away and eat his competition.
Deadliness 4/4 - This mastery is self explanatory, it gives more attack damage, what more could a bursty ad like Kha'Zix want?
Havoc 3/3 - This is another mastery that is just as important as ad, damage. This mastery increases your damage by percentage (3%) instead of by a set amount. Perfect for assassination cannons.
Weapon Expertise 1/1 - Although this mastery gives neither a damage bonus nor attack damage bonus, it gives armor penetration. This is great when you build Black Cleaver and Last Whisper so you tear up their squishies.
Brute Force 2/2 - More attack damage for the higher bursting.
Sunder 3/3 - More armor penetration for more true damage like hits (on squishy champions).
Executioner 1/1 - After leaping in and doing your normal E > Q combo, they should be at about half health, this just ensures you really kill them once they fall below that 50% health line.
Durability 4/4 - Increases health for more beefyness.
Hardiness 3/3 - Armor will help you against all champions, even ability power champions. All champions auto attack at one point or another, armor helps to reduce that auto attack damage even by the slightest amount.
Resistance 1/3 - Magic resist is never something you want to let go, if you neglect it too much for armor, then you will suffer (unless the whole enemy team is ad).
The Best Summoner Spells
Decent Summoner Spells
- Teleport ( Kha'Zix is generally a fast champion so he is not going to have that much trouble getting back to lane.)
- Ghost (Due to Kha'Zix's Leap ability AND Flash, he will not need this spell badly.)
- Exhaust (Your evolved W should proc your passive which slows. This is still an acceptable pick nevertheless.)
- Barrier (Barrier can help you in those Ignite moments as Ignite will have to burn through the shield to touch your health, but I think there are other good choices than this spell.)
- Cleanse (Helps with the CCs and DoT effects on you, recommended only for draft pick when you can see what champions the other team is using.)
DO NOT USE
- Smite (This is not a top/mid guide)
- Revive (Do not aim for deaths)
- Clarity (Manamune helps you with mana problems)
- Clairvoyance (You are not a support)
Q > W
Sudden burst damage:
E > W > Q
E > Q > W > R > Q
- When Kha'Zix is not visible to the enemy team, he gains Unseen Threat.
- Unseen Threat causes his next basic attack against an enemy champion or Evolved Spike Racks to deal 15 / 20 / 25 / 35 / 45 / 55 / 65 / 75 / 85 / 95 / 110 / 125 / 140 / 150 / 160 / 170 / 180 / 190 (+ 50% AP) bonus magic damage and slow by 25% for 2 seconds.
- Unseen Threat lasts forever until consumed and has no cooldown.
Taste Their Fear
- Passive: Kha'Zix marks enemies that are isolated from their allies. (Mark = Circle around the enemy)
- Active: Kha'Zix slashes, dealing physical damage to a single target. Damage against isolated targets is significantly increased.
Physical damage: 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 / 190 (+ 150% bonus AD)
Physical damage to Isolated Target: 100 / 145 / 190 / 235 / 280 (+ 200% bonus AD)
- Active: Kha'Zix fires spikes in a line that explode on contact with an enemy, dealing physical damage to all nearby enemies.
- Kha'Zix is healed if he is within the explosion radius.
- Use this right after leaping on an enemy for the heal.
Physical Damage: 75 / 115 / 155 / 195 / 235 (+ 90% bonus AD)
Heal: 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 (+ 50% AP)
- Use this ability in combination with Void Spike to receive heals from Void Spike.
- Active: Kha'Zix leaps to an area, dealing physical damage to nearby enemies upon landing.
Physical Damage: 65 / 100 / 135 / 170 / 205 (+ 80% bonus AD)
- Passive: Each rank of Void Assault allows Kha'Zix to evolve one of his abilities, granting it an additional effect.
- Active: Kha'Zix enters stealth for 1 second, gaining 40% bonus movement speed. Entering stealth grants Unseen Threat.
- Void Assault can be cast a second time within 10 seconds at no cost.
- Increases damage to isolated targets by 12% of their missing health.
- Increases range of Taste Their Fear and Kha'Zix's autoattacks by 50.
Evolved Spike Racks ( Void Spike)
- Enhances Void Spike to fire three spikes in a cone.
- Void Spike will also consume Unseen Threat to slow and damage all enemies struck
Evolved Wings ( Leap)
- Increases Leap's range by 300.
- Causes kills and assists to refresh Leap's cooldown.
Evolved Active Camouflage ( Void Assault)
- Allows Void Assault to be cast up to three times.
- Kha'Zix also takes 40% reduced damage while in stealth.
I feel that evolving my Q, W, and E, are the best choices. Although R is a good ability to evolve, the other three abilities are just better. Q can help you finish off those people who decide to flee from fights and with the help of your evolved Leap you will be able to secure the kill with ease. W will help you land your heals/ranged harass easier. E will help you get into a fight or flee from a fight.
Zephyr - This is an efficient item on Kha'Zix because the attack damage and attack speed make this a good item for Kha'Zix on top of that, Kha'Zix gets 10% CDR and 10% extra movement speed! If you take this item, DO NOT grab Mercury Treads.
Maw of Malmortius - Having this item is great because it gives you more magic resist AND attack damage. It's passive can also be a life saver due to its 400 magic damage shield.
Mercurial Scimitar - If you are facing hard CC and a Zephyr or Mercury Treads doesn't seem to be helping that much, look no further than the scimitar. I like to use this when I am facing a champion who can stun, such as Veigar.
Last Whisper - This item is self-explanatory, if someone is stacking armor, this will help you shred their armor along with your Black Cleaver.
Guardian Angel - A lot of the time, I will pick this up end game because this is a good item for every champion! This item will make people this twice before focusing you in a team fight.