Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Cinderhulk Nocturne > Devourer Nocturne

Creator: Lord Lund July 12, 2015 9:00pm
Which build jungle item is better on Nocturne, Cinderhulk or Devourer?
Lord Lund
<Member>
Lord Lund's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2015 9:00pm | Report
I have tested it out and have come to my conclusion that Cinderhulk Nocturne is the way to go, even with the new addition of Sated Devourer in patch 5.13. I go Skirmisher's Sabre - Cinderhulk, Blade of the Ruined King, and either Mercury's Treads or Ninja Tabi for boots. Then, depending on their team comp it can vary, but I usually go Thornmail, Spirit Visage, and Turbo Chemtank. Please test it out for yourselves and let me know what you think!

I am convinced that this is the best build path to go on Nocturne, yet I am seeing almost every other Nocturne using Enchantment: Devourer. I'm curious to hear feedback on what you guys think is the best jungle item to build on Nocturne.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2015 11:29pm | Report
Removed the advertisement from your post. Advertising your guide is unnecessary here and against forum rules.

I actually see most Nocturnes with Enchantment: Warrior, though with the new Sated Devourer that might not be the case anymore. I'm convinced that any of the three are viable but you have to consider which one is best for what you want to bring to the team. Warrior gives the best early pressure, Devourer has the best DPS and Cinderhulk gives the most reliable stats for transitioning into a tank build in team fights.

I will say that I'm not a fan of Cinderhulk straight into BotRK. Cinder really sucks if you don't make good use of the bonus HP passive and BotRK is a huge pit-stop before picking up more HP. If you want to go BotRK, use one of the other enchantments. If you want to go cinder, pick up an HP item right afterwards.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Lord Lund
<Member>
Lord Lund's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2015 1:26am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:
Removed the advertisement from your post. Advertising your guide is unnecessary here and against forum rules.

I actually see most Nocturnes with Enchantment: Warrior, though with the new Sated Devourer that might not be the case anymore. I'm convinced that any of the three are viable but you have to consider which one is best for what you want to bring to the team. Warrior gives the best early pressure, Devourer has the best DPS and Cinderhulk gives the most reliable stats for transitioning into a tank build in team fights.

I will say that I'm not a fan of Cinderhulk straight into BotRK. Cinder really sucks if you don't make good use of the bonus HP passive and BotRK is a huge pit-stop before picking up more HP. If you want to go BotRK, use one of the other enchantments. If you want to go cinder, pick up an HP item right afterwards.

PsiGuard,

Sorry wasn't purposely trying to advertise :/ Thanks for pointing it out, I don't want to sound like that's what I was trying to do. What I really want from this thread is to hear everyone's viewpoints on which enchantment to go on Nocturne.

Have you tried going Cinder into BotRK on Noct? It has been my go to Nocturne build since I've started doing it about a little over a month ago, and I must say it has been working wonders for me. In fact, I've tried replacing Cinder with the new Sated Devourer and it felt a lot weaker to me. In fact I ended up selling it when I was 6 items and buying Skirmisher's Sabre - Cinderhulk instead.

Would you change your mind on the build path if I told you that I usually go Skirmisher's Sabre - Cinderhulk, Boots, Bilgewater Cutlass, and then either Catalyst the Protector or Giant's Belt? That way you can get the 25 AD and 8 Life Steal from Bilge but also start stacking some HP early on.

Lord Lund
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2015 12:16pm | Report
Catalyst the Protector? What's that going to be? A Turbo Chemtank? I've got to admit, I have never seen such a thing. What I see built 90% of the time on Nocturne is Enchantment: Warrior (I am not even going to mention it's rework on the PBE) and, the other 10% they build Enchantment: Devourer. Enchantment: Cinderhulk isn't really going to work unless you build other tank items, and if you do, you'll be sacrificing a good chunk of Nocturne's dueling power, but if Tank Nocturne is what you're aiming at, then maybe it can work.

EDIT: Apparently, Enchantment: Warrior changes were reverted. They were so good T_T
Lord Lund
<Member>
Lord Lund's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2015 5:49pm | Report
Re4XN wrote:
Catalyst the Protector? What's that going to be? A Turbo Chemtank? I've got to admit, I have never seen such a thing. What I see built 90% of the time on Nocturne is Enchantment: Warrior (I am not even going to mention it's rework on the PBE) and, the other 10% they build Enchantment: Devourer. Enchantment: Cinderhulk isn't really going to work unless you build other tank items, and if you do, you'll be sacrificing a good chunk of Nocturne's dueling power, but if Tank Nocturne is what you're aiming at, then maybe it can work.

EDIT: Apparently, Enchantment: Warrior changes were reverted. They were so good T_T

Re4XN,

Yes, the Catalyst the Protector would result in a Turbo Chemtank. Although, recently I have been building Warmog's Armor instead because of the nerfs this past patch to Turbo Chemtank. After accounting for the 25% bonus HP from Enchantment: Cinderhulk, I'd rather get 1000 HP from Warmog's than 625 HP from Righteous.

The tank noct I've been building with only BotRK as a damage item has been working for me, in fact I feel as though it actually really brings out the true dueling power of Nocturne. One huge downfall to Nocturne is that he is generally quite squishy if you build him with damage items. Yet, if you build him tank, he has a ton of sustain while also still being able to deal a lot of damage with only one damage item due to his high base damage.

I know that it may sound like a kind of unconventional thing to build Enchantment: Cinderhulk on Nocturne, but I'll assure you his team fight presence is HUGE. A lot of pros have been building Nocturne with Cinder as well.
Pro Build Examples: http://www.probuilds.net/champions/Nocturne

Lord Lund

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide