Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Gangplank Item Build

Creator: Dotter July 11, 2011 4:36pm
1 2 3
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 4:36pm | Report
Hi dudes. I've started working on a Gangplank build, but I'm in quite a dilemma on the item build.

The item sequence I've used is:
2x Faerie Charm + pots
Philosopher's Stone
Avarice Blade
Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Infinity Edge
Eleisa's Miracle
Youmuu's Ghostblade
Warmog's Armor
Atma's Impaler
Banshee's Veil - Instead of Elaia's

I would really like Trinity Force or Phantom Dancer, but I don't know what to replace. Perhaps instead of Youmuu's.. What do you guys think?
Summoner
<Member>
Summoner's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 4:42pm | Report
Replace infinity edge with triforce IMO. It sounds kinda silly, but GP benefits from all the stats and the slow works great on him.

Or you could remove youmuus and replace that with infinity edge - skipping the avarice altogether, but I don't know, not really familiar with Atmogs GP...

Wouldn't start with 2 faerie charms either - you're only buying one philo stone, and you can turn that into eleisa's when needed.
PINK
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 6:12pm | Report
Warmog or BV are probably the best choices to skip if you really want one of those items.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 11:03pm | Report
There is a severe lack of Executioner's Calling in this build.

Also, why are you not jungling?
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 12:27am | Report
you don't need Ex's...

also you NEED IE and TF

boots

IE

TF

2 tanky

Atma

gg

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 2:53am | Report
I prefer laning with GP :)

Perhaps I shouldn't make a guide, cause this build might just be suited for my playstyle, I've had good results with it.. I've tried going TF, but I died more often and that made me do less damage. I think going with 3 defensive items make you a really bulky killing machine, when critting for 1100 or so, even with 3 defensive items. Furthermore you have a great gold advantage going with 2 gp10 items, while still farming like a baws.

I probably just need to test different item paths alot of times to see which I find best.
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 2:54am | Report
I sell the second charm, it's simply for more mana reg. I farm like there's no tomorrow with Q in early game.

In my two recent games I've had a better farm than the mid players despite me playing in a duolane and in a 1v2 lane.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 2:31pm | Report
well you should be with a support who should let you get CS and protect you from harass, so...

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 5:29pm | Report
Executioner's Calling is a fantastically underrated item, especially on Gangplank. Gangplank with an Exe Calling is super-strong in lane. Every time they use a health potion, nullify that healing. It allows you to dominate the solo top lane and the DoTs really add up, and the lifesteal and crit chance are both things that GP needs.

Triforce vs. Infinity Edge is an on-going debate but Triforce is actually more common now.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2011 7:53pm | Report
GETBOTH

1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide