Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

jhoijhoi's review & discussion service

Creator: jhoijhoi June 29, 2011 5:44pm
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 5:11am | Report

!!! University > Reviewing !!!

>>> I will review 3 Guides Per Day <<<

(reviewing soon, Kin's Wukong guide)
xIPainIx wrote:

Guide For (champion): Wukong
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: i'd like to know what i could add to make it better :)
What I'd like you to focus on: Anything you think can be added or changed.
Guide Link:http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/wukong-that-funky-monkey-detailed-guide-106047

LameoGamer wrote:

Guide For: Tristana
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: First build. Bit nervous as to how my quality fares.
What I'd like you to focus on: Is my guide too wordy? Are the pictures explanatory and aid the words, or do they confuse?
Guide Link: Tristana: A Lameo's In-Depth Guide

Xiron wrote:

Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: Wanna get your opinion
What I'd like you to focus on: Anything (maybe some sort of spelling check due english is not my mother tongue - nah. forget that one.)
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/wukong-u-no-steal-bananas-108211

3 per day, or more, depending on if I have time ^^

On another note, Nighthawk has opened his own Review Thread Here. Go ahead and check it out ^^

guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Xiron
<Editor>
Xiron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2011 10:31am | Report

Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: Wanna get your opinion

What I'd like you to focus on: Anything (maybe some sort of spelling check due english is not my mother tongue - nah. forget that one.)

Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/wukong-u-no-steal-bananas-108211
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 2:23am | Report
RosePhoenix's Jungle Nocturne Guide
Verdict: A very detailed, well written and aesthetically pleasing guide. It is easy to read, and a good resource for new Nocturne players.
Possible Improvements: The guide is well-formatted, but the images need to be centred. I don't think there is much that can be improved with the guide, as it genuinely very good. An alternative items section would be a good idea, and maybe a video of the jungle route in action. A diagram depicting when Nocturne should go gank a lane would be fantastic!

Constructive Criticism:

1) Just have one champion build. The build you go 90% of the time. List alternative jungle builds etc in your guide.

2) No need to list all the elixirs. Just the main two.

3) Don't include the lore :/

4) Center your jungle route and warding map :)

5) Tips and Tricks could be split up into the corresponding ability section (ie: "use Duskbringer etc etc" under Duskbringer)

6) Spell combos should be put under Ability Sequence explanation

Head to my review thread for the full review. Sorry it's so short, there is literally nothing else I noticed that could be altered about your guide ^^

Here, have a sig due the sort nature of my review ^^

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 2:51am | Report
Ikaax's Wukong Guide
Verdict: The author has made a simple and easy to read Wukong Guide.
Possible Improvements: The guide is a bit lacking in colour and formatting. To read, it's fine (your English isn't bad, you could always run it through a spell check), but to look at it's really plain. As a general, quick guide, it does its job.

Constructive Criticism:

1) D: Instead of the Tiamat, I'd suggest some other item. Phage into Frozen Mallet would make Atma's Impaler do more damage, for instance.

2) Your runes... are okay besides Seals of Evasion. Straight up armour is better.

3) Good Hands > Perseverance.

4) Try adding some colour to your guide.

5) Your mastery section is so small, you may as well combine it with your runes section.

6) You mention optional items, but don't list any?

♡ sig by me ♡
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 3:12am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Possible Improvements: The guide is well-formatted, but the images need to be centred. I don't think there is much that can be improved with the guide, as it genuinely very good. An alternative items section would be a good idea, and maybe a video of the jungle route in action. A diagram depicting when Nocturne should go gank a lane would be fantastic!

I'll try to add these in! Asian parents making me study over the summer though. X.X I'll add em in when I have the time.

jhoijhoi wrote:

1) Just have one champion build. The build you go 90% of the time. List alternative jungle builds etc in your guide.

2) No need to list all the elixirs. Just the main two.

5) Tips and Tricks could be split up into the corresponding ability section (ie: "use Duskbringer etc etc" under Duskbringer)

6) Spell combos should be put under Ability Sequence explanation

Okay, I edited all of em. ^-^

jhoijhoi wrote:

3) Don't include the lore :/

But, but, but... the lore is so good :)

jhoijhoi wrote:

4) Center your jungle route and warding map :)

WHOOPS. No wonder it looked kinda weird. xD

Thanks for the review!
Also thanks for the sig too ^-^ it looks REALLY nice!
Muffiinnn
<Member>
Muffiinnn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 9:17am | Report
Guide For: Myself and my Teemo
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: So that I can improve my build and my gameplay
What I'd like you to focus on: helping m,e build a balanced and effective build for my Teemo.
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/the-hyper-teemo-melt-your-face-hybrid-108413
It Would be super cool of you to check out my Teemo Guide... Its one of a kind =)
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/the-hyper-teemo-melt-your-face-hybrid-108413
Bellator
<Member>
Bellator's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 9:46am | Report
Guide For : Mordekaiser
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: I would like the free publicity that comes along with you reviewing my guide, and a possible recommendation if you like it. =]
What I'd like you to focus on: Look it over, tell me what you think. Everything is appreciated. :]
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/stranger-dangers-master-of-metal-100056
Ikaax
<Member>
Ikaax's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 11:33am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Ikaax's Wukong Guide
Verdict: The author has made a simple and easy to read Wukong Guide.
Possible Improvements: The guide is a bit lacking in colour and formatting. To read, it's fine (your English isn't bad, you could always run it through a spell check), but to look at it's really plain. As a general, quick guide, it does its job.

Constructive Criticism:

1) D: Instead of the Tiamat, I'd suggest some other item. Phage into Frozen Mallet would make Atma's Impaler do more damage, for instance.

2) Your runes... are okay besides Seals of Evasion. Straight up armour is better.

3) Good Hands > Perseverance.

4) Try adding some colour to your guide.

5) Your mastery section is so small, you may as well combine it with your runes section.

6) You mention optional items, but don't list any?

Thanks for the review mate. Really apreciate it!

I already check the runes, i totally agree, i even play since always with armor runes on wukong but i think i was lookign at my jax runepage and i messed up with the seals hahaha I change it back.

About the colour, i gonna give it a check tomorrow and paint it a little :p

I've been checking this days about the starting item as tiamat and stuff i'm thinking in change it too, your idea with the frozen mallet it seems pretty cool to be honest, if not today, tomorrow i will give a try on it too :P

About the optional items, well i didnt put suggestions cuz its a lot of items, but i guess i can work on writte some items for special situations xD

Thanks again for the review ;)
Check out my Guides: Wukong
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 11:46am | Report
Bellator wrote:

Guide For : Mordekaiser
Why I'd like this to be Reviewed: I would like the free publicity that comes along with you reviewing my guide, and a possible recommendation if you like it. =]
What I'd like you to focus on: Look it over, tell me what you think. Everything is appreciated. :]
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/stranger-dangers-master-of-metal-100056

Okay, I've looked at your guide, and I'm gonna point some stuff out.

1. For example the terms for dummies is a wall of text, which is just a wall of TEXT. You need to brighten it up with colors, or something. That makes your guide seem really long.

2. You need to center your items, and that will make a lot of difference. Now what I find weird is that you did it later on in the guide, but not in the item section.

3. I would also be clearer on what items you consider core, and what items you consider situional, or luxury. I see a list of items, and beside the build order at the very top I have no clue what your reccomend. After all assume the audience has NO CLUE what they are doing. You need to be a guiding hand, and the master.

That is what I see so far, so I might be back.
ChefoSLR
<Member>
ChefoSLR's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 12:12pm | Report
Guide for: Leona

Reasons why I want this guide to be reviewed: Ok, third time's the charm. I've added the pictures, spaced out the columns, fixed the styles, hopefully everything is perfect now.

Things I want you to focus on: The changes, of course, I hope the end result is as pleasing as possible.

Link: Leona, Bloodstained Light

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide