Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Lux, RoA?

Creator: LaFlooz November 20, 2011 6:00pm
30 posts - page 1 of 3
1 2 3
LaFlooz
<Member>
LaFlooz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2011 6:00pm | Report
A lot of lux players insist on picking rod of ages which i dont understand..... i really would like some clarification on whats going through peoples head when they pick that and have no reasonable answer as to why. :D?

Check out my build too, thats my reason, anywaysss. :) happyface !!!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2011 6:22pm | Report
AP, HP, mana and a healing passive. The bigger question is, why wouldn't you get it on an AP caster that uses mana?
True love is found only in yourself.
LaFlooz
<Member>
LaFlooz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2011 6:54pm | Report
[*]
Lugignaf wrote:

The bigger question is, why wouldn't you get it on an AP caster that uses mana?

so pretty much every caster should get this your saying?
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2011 6:57pm | Report
Pretty much, yes.

It's a strong item on most, if not all of them.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2011 7:00pm | Report
I prefer glass Lux, with only an hourglass and a veil for defense. Her range allows you to generally keep away from damage, and I find that building fast AP is more effective than the slow growth of RoA.

LaFlooz wrote:

Check out my build too, thats my reason, anywaysss. :) happyface !!!

Also, get rid of that if you don't want this thread locked. Advertising on the forums isn't allowed.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2011 8:30pm | Report
RoA if your doing well.

3 Dorans if your doing badly.

astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2011 9:58pm | Report
Rushing a catalyst helps you with Lux's mana issues and makes you sustain in lane. I don't see why you wouldn't want to get it.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2011 10:06pm | Report
I absolutely HATE RoA on Lux. Her ranges are so beyond absurd that you are doing it wrong if you need that item.

RoA is an absolutely fantastic item, but on Lux it's lackluster. She can make better use out of a Deathfire Grasp or something. Better yet, if you (for some random reason) need HP, get Rylai's for her E and R.

Bottom line: RoA is decent for her, but there are much better options.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2011 10:36pm | Report
This is the build I always use when I play Lux. I usually take Clarity and Ghost, though Flash, Ignite or Teleport would also be fine choices.

Item Sequence

Boots 300
Doran's Ring 400
Frostfang 400
Rabadon's Deathcap 3600
Sorcerer's Shoes 1100
Lich Bane 3100
Zhonya's Hourglass 3250
Void Staff 3000
Banshee's Veil 3100

Optional Mejai's Soulstealer. Lux is one of the few champions that I consider safe enough to handle the risk of keeping stacks.
Sorcerer's Shoes can be swapped out for more useful boots after you've purchased Void Staff. I would probably go for the CDR boots, but Swiftness or Mobility could work too. Mercury's Treads are always an option as well.

I used to use 9/0/21 with the old masteries, but I'd probably switch to 21/0/9 picking up Meditation and Runic Affinity for more mp5 and blue buff duration.

Runes

Precision
Fleet Footwork
Phase Rush

Standard mage runes (though some people are shying away from mp5 seals now for some reason). You can use blue buff and Elixir of Brilliance for additional CDR and mp5.

As you can see, my only significant defenses are Zhonya's Hourglass and Banshee's Veil. I don't bother with any items like Rod of Ages or Rylai's Crystal Scepter which provide health, but not any significant survivability. The hourglass and veil both provide more than mere health and resistances; the unique effects of each item provide much more survivability for a squishy champion.

That's pretty much why I don't bother stacking defensive stats on champions like Lux. Between hourglass, veil, your CC and ridiculous range, you should be able to keep out of harm's way and dish out a ton of damage. If you were to get Archangel's Staff, Rod of Ages is a very good compliment to the max-mana-to-AP passive. You could also build Lux more tanky and/or supportive, but this is my favorite way to play her.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2011 11:08pm | Report
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide