Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Poor man's Udyr

Creator: Lugignaf June 17, 2011 3:26pm
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2011 8:49pm | Report
... I'm not basing my posts on just my own experiences.

I'm basing them on the fact that Udyr drops off late game, no matter who plays him. His AoE is small, so you'd have to be in the middle of a teamfight to cause damage. He's not a tank, he's not even an off-tank, really.

Record a game of you playing Udyr, and we'll see if he's as good as you says he is. Problem solved.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2011 9:02pm | Report
With Udyr generally I do tiger stance + phoenix stance jungling, turtle is so much slower (and bear you just don't use). I generally go doubles, wraiths, red, wolves, blue if I can, b.

He is hella fun if you build enough items that tailor to his Q (tiger)...when I play him I focus around tiger stance, you can just burst people down so much, it's crazy.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2011 9:08pm | Report
You typically always want to focus on either Q or R in the jungle. While you CAN use both, it's not recommended. Typical starting is RWRER (or Q instead of R if going tiger). That mix gives you the sustain you need to make it through as well as the jungle speed from your offensive ability.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2011 9:11pm | Report
Yea, well I usually focus on Q but for like wraiths and doubles, I use R sometimes too so it kills everyone quicker :P

Usually Q blue wraith R Q blue wraith clean up.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Bernarnar
<Member>
Bernarnar's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 1:20am | Report

Typical starting is RWRER (or Q instead of R if going tiger). That mix gives you the sustain you need to make it through as well as the jungle speed from your offensive ability.

W Is not worth 75 mana. It really isn't. You block one attack and the regens are so small you hardly notice. Yeah, Blue might give you great Mana.Reg but IMO Turtle isn't 'sustain' by any means unless you're QWWQ.
I Will Bring Great Suffering.

Check out my Morde Guide :3
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 1:26am | Report
That depends how much AS/AD you have really. I have found that, if I don't get counter jungled, QWQ will get me through most of the "early" jungling with little to no health problems.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 1:44am | Report
I don't know what runes you're gonna be using Lugi, but trust me when I'm telling you that overusing AS runes is just stupid.
You should be able to jungle just fine with armor/dodge seals (ALWAYS), AS marks, ArP quints and choice glyphs (not AS). You should try AD quints, 6-9ArP marks and 3-0AS marks on Tiger jungle.
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 1:47am | Report
Not using AS runes at all really.
Currently using ArP marks, Armor seals, Mr per level Glyphs, 1 tier 2 AD Quint, 1 tier 2 AS Quint and a random quint that I can't remember. I'm using these due to lack of IP.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 1:52am | Report
Well, go buy AS marks, AD quints and ArP quints then! GOGOGOGO!
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 12:40pm | Report
Bernarnar wrote:

W Is not worth 75 mana. It really isn't. You block one attack and the regens are so small you hardly notice. Yeah, Blue might give you great Mana.Reg but IMO Turtle isn't 'sustain' by any means unless you're QWWQ.

Dude. W has MORE lifesteal then Warwick. And unless your trying to attack dragon, W lasts for more then one hit. It generally lasts for about 2-3 hits which is free time to heal up with an hp pot or with w, w/e you want.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide