Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

jhoijhoi's ranked journey of teh luls (oce)

Creator: jhoijhoi July 31, 2012 10:52pm
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2013 7:36pm | Report
Taric is probably one of the supports I fear most when I pick Cait and Taric + Graves can work pretty well against her.

I also despise Blitzcrank, Lulu and Zyra because they're irritating/broken.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2013 7:36pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

I picked Soraka when I saw the Nunu pick, as I was expecting the Caitlyn grab. I really should have picked Taric for the armour boost to my ADC. But Nunu+Cait is a really hard lane, and I'm not sure what else would have worked well beyond Taric - even then, Taric is melee and wouldn't be able to take THAT much harass.

Fighting nunu/cait is all about going ballz deep in the early-game. Combos such as Graves/Taric, Graves/Leona or Tristana/Leona work all very well. Draven and MF perform well when combined with Sona or Lulu. Don't go for extended skirmishes but burst them down.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2013 7:37pm | Report
ya what he said
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2013 12:54am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

I'd do Kog.

Ok.........

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2013 7:30pm | Report

S3: Game 14 DEFEAT

BANS: Can't remember.

I have NO idea why I didn't dodge this one. I was first pick and instalocked Caitlyn. I was sick of losing as the support. Can you believe that a total of three of us on my team all mained support? As in, the last two picks were also support players, with Zyra and Lulu as their mains. Our team was looking okay, with the Kahzix pick, but then suddenly JUNGLE EZREAL out of nowhere! I was thinking to myself, we have a ****-tonne of AD at the moment, I hope top land and support grab some sort of AP.

But it was not to be. As both last picks waited until the last 5 seconds to choose a champion, and so both picked a Solo Top, meaning that one of them would have to support. I looked at my team. I looked at the enemy team. And I waited for a dodge. I truly waited.

But it never happened and the game went through. And you know the worst thing? Our team had the higher overall elo, as there were two duo's on the enemy team. But we still lost. I hate myself for not dodging this game, I lost SO much elo.

S3: Game 15 DEFEAT

BANS: Can't remember.

This game also pissed me off. We had a hard lead. A very very hard lead. We were in the lead, maybe something like 10/5 or more in our favour. At the 20 minute mark I was expecting a surrender. But then we lost a fight at dragon. And lost another fight. And then someone got caught. And they just snowballed off the lost fight mid lane at inner turret, destroyed inhib, got nexus turrets and won. I was incredibly pissed off. I was incredibly incredibly pissed.

S3: Game 16 VICTORY

BANS: I banned:

Had this game today. I was worried about the enemy Eve pick + Panth, as that sudden 4 man gank bot is always hard to deal with. But I bought so many pink wards that game that I didn't have boots before the 20 minute mark. Not upgraded boots. Boots boots. MF got harassed to **** from Cait, and I think she was stupid to pick MF into Cait.

Our jungle Udyr was 14/1 in ranked with Udyr, so as expected, he was doing fine. Top lane remained top all lane, so I didn't really get to see how either side did. Our mid did well, of course. What I don't like when I play a support is sacrificing myself, or spending heaps of money warding ect and never getting any thanks for it. I bet 3 out of our members gave each other honour for that game, but I didn't get one :(

S3: Game 17 VICTORY

BANS: I banned:

I was worried about our team comp in champion select. I didn't trust the Vi pick (she's still newish, there shouldn't be people playing her in ranked at this low elo :/) or the Warwick pick. But the Warwick had a 6/1 w/l with WW, so I stuck it through. Watching the enemy pick their champions, I was sure they'd dodge, as they had so much AD.

It was the first game I've bought Ninja Tabi in S3. Graves started with a Doran's Blade, but Vayne did virtually no harassing at all, even though multiple times she could have pinned Leona to the wall, due to my ward coverage. But Vayne carried later, so all was fine.

We basically tower dove Graves + Leona around level... 8 or a bit later and pushed down all the bot towers to the inhibitor turrets. We got every dragon and I even had their buffs warded the a lot of the game, so we stole some of their buffs too.

What I don't like about duo'ing with someone with less elo is that you gain less elo when you win, but lose SO MUCH when you lose. Basically these two wins don't make up for the solo-queue loss earlier. Buutttt... slowly working my way back to gold, and getting that 50 game count down.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
MikeyWilhoite
<Member>
MikeyWilhoite's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2013 5:59pm | Report
You're getting pretty close to 1500 jhoi. Keep up the work.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2013 8:08pm | Report
:) My highest elo is 1560ish, so I'm already Gold in game. Just trying to get 50 games down to be verified on MobaFire. Thanks for the well wishes!

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2013 3:01am | Report
But can't you only get verified for gold +?

1484 isn't gold, is it?
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 4:22pm | Report

jhoijhoilion's ranked journey of teh luls

Soooo, I've played a whole lot more games since that last post, so here they are. No commentary for most, due to how many screens there are, but yah. The last few are dodgy because my LoL client crashes after every other game, meaning I never get to see the end game scoreboard and honour players :( I also missed a few in terms of getting screens. I'm up to 31 games now!

S3: Game 31 VICTORY!

BANS:

This game was a doozy. I was first pick, so banned the most hated Vi, Blitz and Amumu. If you don't ban them, they're picked. As first pick, I said I'd like to ADC, but asked if anyone wanted me to first pick for them. So last pick asks for Shen.

I lock in Shen and second pick locks in Akali, despite the fact another player has called mid. They do not say ANYTHING during champion select at all. This leaves 3rd pick angry because they can't jungle, so they lock in support Taric, which is what I was going to play if I couldn't play ADC.

So we have a top, mid and support, and 4th pick chooses Tristana, so it looks like I'm the jungler, because there's no way I'd try to play Shen in a ranked game without practice. By this point, the enemy team has countered our picks pretty hard. Lee Sin was picked to counter Akali, and Irelia to be even with Shen. They also picked up Ez. What was most surprising was their Volibear pick. Until their last pick was finalised, I didn't realise Volibear was support.

So they had a Cho jungle so I couldn't pick him. So I went with my go-to jungler, Warwick! Everyone one my team was fine with that in champion select, especially because I got screwed over out of my preferential roles.

Game starts, enemy team is uber friendly. I get a smiteless Blue thanks to Shen, and go to finish my route. Right after I finish red, Cho comes in from enemy Wraiths and gets first blood on Akali. Okay, no big deal, just because they haven't said anything all game, doesn't mean things will go poorly.

Wrong. I try to gank bot lane, burn a few flashes and a cleanse, good. I go back to jungling, trying to get to 6 as fast as I can so my ganks are better. In this time, Akali dies twice more and blames me, "Cho has been mid three times and you haven't come once!"

I'm a little upset, but don't retaliate, focusing on getting to 6. I get to 6 and head mid lane. Lee finally over-extends, I flash + ult in and Akali does her stuff. She's pretty low though. I Q him after my ult finishes and get the kill + shut down gold.

Akali says, "GJ!"

And I'm like, Yay!

Even Tristana is like, "Finally Akali smiles."

And then Akali follows up with, "for taking the kill with Q when I used Ignite."

And I'm like, god ****ing damnit, it's not like I was trying to steal kills =.=

So the game continues on, me jungling until I get ult back. I say, "Coming mid" and Akali says, "**** off." So I do and get a kill bot lane.

Then things go pear-shaped. Enemy team gets their **** together and pushes all the things and takes both dragons. We're losing pretty hard, but they're playing too complacent. They get caught in bad positions and we win teamfights. I ping Baron and we head over; Lee and Ez are alive, possibly the worst two champions ever to be alive during a baron fight due to their baron-stealing abilities.

But I Smite right, even despite the flying Lee Sin, and we grab Baron and skedaddle. But we don't push and Baron is wasted. Immediately the enemy team comes flying into our base, destroying turrets and trying to get top inhib. There's a skuffle, and I ult Lee Sin who's been harassing Tristana. We win the fight and push mid to inhib.

Irelia comes flying out of base with Homeguard and kills Taric, the rest of us retreat. It all comes down to them baiting Baron and me getting flung by Volibear into the enemy team. Wroooong move. I ult Ez and my team engages. Ez flux's over the wall with less than half health, meaning he can't participate in the fight.

It's a hairy fight, it looked like we were winning, then we were losing, so I flashed away, but Akali cleaned up, we killed all but Lee Sin and then pushed to win.

Exhilarating game.

♡ sig by owentheawesomer ♡
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 4:47pm | Report
Playing with such high ping and getting such nice scores lol. You impress me ;3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide