Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

jhoijhoi's ranked journey of teh luls (oce)

Creator: jhoijhoi July 31, 2012 10:52pm
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2013 4:57am | Report
lol Wayne, there was so much wrong with that game. I'm surprised my team didn't dodge when I didn't ban anything :P

Thanks for the congratulations! I no longer have to fear ranked, seeing as now I can never be demoted to Silver again. Yay!
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Berzerk
<Member>
Berzerk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2013 6:24am | Report
Gz on your promotion. However you do not truely belong in that league until you go play a game as renekton with the spellsword mastery. ^^

Check out my complete guide to top lane here.
Check out my Jayce guide here.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2013 7:04am | Report
gj jhoi! i'd give you a kiss, but i have bad breath.

huehuehuehue.

=3

As requested to GMD himself.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2013 7:59am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

We help him with blue buff and head down to bot lane. My ADC does a little CSing and Panth suddenly kills Teemo top lane. Good good. It was a kill for a kill, but still good. Meanwhile, Volibear was heading through enemy jungle behind dragon, to gank via tribrush.

Soraka's damn silence was a NIGHTMARE that game, as it disabled my ability to stun. However, I stunned Soraka, Volibear slowed her, she flashed and Voli flung her back over to Ashe. I'm not sure what happened, but then I got the kill.

Yea, Volibear's Thundering Smash still has that awesome Impale glitch where if people Flash when he's doing it, they get flung anyway, and waste Flash.

(Shhhhh. Riot hasn't caught on yet.)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2013 11:13pm | Report

S3: Game 40 DEFEAT

BANS: Can't remember

My first game as Gold V! I was looking forward to better allies, harder opponents, great games! NOT THE CASE. I was second pick and fourth pick claimed ADC, so I said, "Hey, what support would you like?". They didn't reply, and Taric was taken first pick on the enemy team, so I chose Janna, knowing I'd have to be disengaging a lot of Taric initiates bot lane.

Immediately there was an uproar. "Janna is ****", "Worst support evar", "lol wtf y pick janna noob". It completely and utterly amazed me. I said something like, "Janna's really good at disengaging" and was ignored. Enemy team picked Caitlyn. My team picked Sivir. I said, "Dude, you're going to get raped by Caitlyn's long range poke" and I had replies like, "lol" and "spell shield, idiot" and "sivir is beast" amongst generic swearing. What in the actual ****. Was my team full of ******s?

But I swallowed my apprehension. Maybe I was wrong? Janna is a bad bad pick? I was surprised when their last pick locked in Fiddlesticks. Really? I would just ult if he ever did...

In game, I'm sitting in brush, harassing Taric as much as I can, stealing 3 gold with every hit. I've probably taken at least 50HP off him; no small feat due to his high armour and Janna's pitiful auto's. Caitlyn's poke pushes Sivir off the lane and she says, "zzzz janna ur a pusy" verbatim. At this point I am completely pissed off, especially as my allies are all complaining about everything.

I mute them all.

Sad thing is, I genuinely think that this was my best support game ever. I saved my allies COUNTLESS times with my ult, my shields, my 'nados and slows. I Exhausted champions left, right and centre. I really and truly did an amazing job at being the support, warding, counter-warding, anything you could ask a support to do.

But we still lost, and I was not surprised. I didn't want my team to win. Their attitudes REALLY bugged me. The only decent human being on my team was Lee Sin. We got each other out of a lot of binds and I think we bonded a little.

Eugh.

S3: Game 41 VICTORY

BANS:

If you need help with your games, ask me to duo. Now that I'm Gold, I want to help others get out of "elo hell". I will duo with anyone on MobaFire who has a good standing in this community. That being said, I played with someone you may all remember ^^

He played Ashe and I played Janna and we roflstomped bot lane.

We were winning the whole game. As he's low Silver, my team was SO NICE. I cannot believe the difference in attitude the higher elo you get. Just wow. Anyway, we won this game pretty easily. I sacrificed myself a lot during this game, which is why I had so many deaths.

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Hogopogo
<Altruistic Artist>
Hogopogo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2013 11:19pm | Report
Maybe I'll duo after my placement matches^^ Im just starting out in ranked.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2013 11:26pm | Report
I'll totally take you up on the duo offer again. :p
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2013 12:25am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
I cannot believe the difference in attitude the higher elo you get

It's not quite that simple, I'm afraid.

I find it ironic that an ADC that picks Sivir (especially into Caitlyn) even dares complaining about a Janna pick though.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 12:23pm | Report
There is pretty much absolutely no difference in skill between the teams you got in your last few games of Silver 1 than the teams you get in Gold V. The reason being, the teams you get matched with are still determined by your Elo, now known as MMR, which while you can't see anymore, still exists.

When you won your last promotional game, you entered the gold division, but your MMR grew by about 13, making very little difference in the skill of your teams.

Think of it as moving from 1490 Elo to 1503 Elo. Yes, you moved from silver to gold, but really, there's absolutely no difference between 1490 Elo and 1503 Elo. :>

Maybe you already knew that, but if you didn't, hope that clears it up.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 1:03pm | Report
Um, I never said it was a SKILL difference, I meant it was an ATTITUDE difference. At Silver, everyone is desperately trying to get to Gold, so 80% of the time, everyone is super friendly, trying to let everyone play their best roles for the best chance at winning.

At Gold, and it's hilarious, because it's only a different BADGE, but STILL, the players are *****y, pushy and mean. They will pick WHATEVER they want if they are second pick. Even if first pick has secured a support that they will swap last/fourth pick for ADC, second pick will lock in an ADC, screwing everything over.

My experiences in Gold have been utterly awful. I've been playing against/with Gold II players and their attitudes have been SO ****, I have muted them in all of my four games played as Gold V.

Why are Gold people like this? Because half of them are trolls, knowing they will never drop below gold, and half of them believe they're better than gold (thus better than every single person on their team and the enemy team).

tldr; I didn't say SKILL difference. ATTITUDE difference.

EDIT: Oh, were you talking about my offhand "hope to versus better opponents" comment at the very top? It was just preamble. In Silver I I was always versus Gold players, so off course the skill wouldn't change immensely once I finally got to Gold as I've already versed gold/had gold on my team.

♡ sig by me ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide