Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Lord Kesharq trip down 3v3 and 5v5 lane...

Creator: Lord Kesharq May 17, 2013 7:28am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Lord Kesharq
<Member>
Lord Kesharq's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2013 3:04pm | Report
Preseason Game 1

First game of the Preseason and i get to mid ^^. So i thought i would pick a ok champ and went with mid lane Talon against there mid lane Lux.

Ended up going very well for the first part of the game, i was able to get a nice 6-2 lead over Lux and got first blood + first tower, after which i started roaming the map and ganking were i could.....however then everything fell though the damn floor as our Nasus went afk and didnt come back and Jax started lagging badly meaning his ok score of 5-3 quickly turned into a 5-9 feeding fest =/.

Am surpised we lasted as long as we did to be fair...we were over 30 minutes as a 4v5 game and held the other team well, i was able to pretty much shut down there Lux, Sivir and after a few hits there Shen without a problem, even there Kha'Zix was finding it hard to go up against me without suffering badly for it. The only real problem i had was there Pantheon who got fed like **** off Jax and as soon as he got his GA became a beast to kill..

But hey overall it was a good fun game, and at one point we even came close to winning it after we scored a 4v2 win at the baron and pushed down there base mid lane and got there inhib and last tower before the center crystal towers before being forced back by there Pantheon.
Current League Goals:

Reach 1000 Normal Wins (Done)
Reach 2000 Normal Wins
Reach Gold Tier (S6)

(ty to Ninja Trigger for the sic)
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2013 4:55pm | Report
Bronze 5? .-.

Maaaaan, you've got a lot of work to do.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

1jamie50
<Member>
1jamie50's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2013 4:59pm | Report

Yo man if you dont mind me asking whats ur play style for jungle Maokai as am really finding it hard to get a good build with him atm, the jungle clear times are really slow, and he seems to lack damage no matter what i do to try and buff it up (minus going full AP). So yeah how u play him in the jungle mate?

I run my normal jungle rune page (cuz I have like no runes or rune pages so I can only have 1 :P).

Attack Speed Marks
Armor Seals
Magic Resist Per Level Glyphs
AD Quints

AD Quints should be movement % quints but I'm too lazy to buy.

Masteries - 9/21/0 - jungle defense

Start Hunter's Machete + 5 Pots.

Boots + Spirit Stone on first back.

Mobility Boots/ Ninja Tabi ----> Spirit of the Ancient Golem ----> Sunfire Aegis ----> Spirit Visage.

Usually, that's as far as I get. Frozen Heart, Randuin's Omen, Shurelya's Battlesong.

Locket of the Iron Solari if your support doesn't grab it. Thornmail for heavy AD comps.

That's usually my most common build for Maokai, he's meant as a tank not for damage :P

Thanks to YayaFTW for the sig.
Lucorian5
<Member>
Lucorian5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2013 5:13pm | Report

Preseason Game 1

First game of the Preseason and i get to mid ^^. So i thought i would pick a ok champ and went with mid lane Talon against there mid lane Lux.

Ended up going very well for the first part of the game, i was able to get a nice 6-2 lead over Lux and got first blood + first tower, after which i started roaming the map and ganking were i could.....however then everything fell though the damn floor as our Nasus went afk and didnt come back and Jax started lagging badly meaning his ok score of 5-3 quickly turned into a 5-9 feeding fest =/.

Am surpised we lasted as long as we did to be fair...we were over 30 minutes as a 4v5 game and held the other team well, i was able to pretty much shut down there Lux, Sivir and after a few hits there Shen without a problem, even there Kha'Zix was finding it hard to go up against me without suffering badly for it. The only real problem i had was there Pantheon who got fed like **** off Jax and as soon as he got his GA became a beast to kill..

But hey overall it was a good fun game, and at one point we even came close to winning it after we scored a 4v2 win at the baron and pushed down there base mid lane and got there inhib and last tower before the center crystal towers before being forced back by there Pantheon.

the builds in that game make my eyes bleed

A +rep is always nice, and if I helped you out, do give one (or more) of my guides a read! Feedback is very welcome, and if you liked them give them a vote!
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2013 5:16pm | Report
come on, what is wrong with frozen mallet on shen?
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
Lord Kesharq
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2013 6:57pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Bronze 5? .-.

Maaaaan, you've got a lot of work to do.

2 weeks ago i was B4 then ****ed up the promo...highest i have been atm is B3 so its not impossible lol, just will be a lot of work (Also i keep bloody losing ranked games recantly and winning my normals -_- really wish it was the other way around)
Current League Goals:

Reach 2000 Normal Wins
Reach Gold Tier (S6)

Lord Kesharq
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2013 7:08pm | Report
1jamie50 wrote:

I run my normal jungle rune page (cuz I have like no runes or rune pages so I can only have 1 :P).

Attack Speed Marks
Armor Seals
Magic Resist Per Level Glyphs
AD Quints

AD Quints should be movement % quints but I'm too lazy to buy.

Masteries - 9/21/0 - jungle defense

Start Hunter's Machete + 5 Pots.

Boots + Spirit Stone on first back.

Mobility Boots/ Ninja Tabi ----> Spirit of Ancient Golem ----> Sunfire Aegis ----> Spirit Visage.

Usually, that's as far as I get. Frozen Heart, Randuin's Omen, Shurelya's Battlesong.

Locket of Iron Solari if your support doesn't grab it. Thornmail for heavy AD comps.

That's usually my most common build for Maokai, he's meant as a tank not for damage :P

Cheers for the info 1jamie50, i believe i see where iv been going wrong here (trying to fit in damage where really i should be more focusing on tank building). Also the Masteries am using are a bit off then lol.

At least i got the basic build right ! (iv been aiming for a build like this:
- Spirit of Ancient Golem
- Mobility Boots (green stone upgrade)
- Iceborn Gauntlet
- Sunfire Aegis
- Abyssal Mask
-Either a Rabadon's Deathcap, Rylai's Crystal Scepter or Guardian Angel.
Current League Goals:

Reach 2000 Normal Wins
Reach Gold Tier (S6)

1jamie50
<Member>
1jamie50's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2013 5:18pm | Report
Doesn't look that bad, Abyssal is decent for Maokai, usually late.

Don't recommend Rabadon's Deathcap since you mainly want to tank.

Maokai doesn't really need AP. The last time I played Maokai a few days ago, I threw a sapling on-top of Ziggs and he lost 1/5th of his HP.

He really does a pretty considerable amount of damage without AP items.

Thanks to YayaFTW for the sig.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2013 5:38pm | Report
Only get Abyssal Mask if your team has a lot of magic damage. Otherwise get Spirit Visage. The CDR is simply too valuable.

Rylai's Crystal Scepter isn't really amazing. The slow isn't really strong since 3/4 of your skills are AoE, one of them already has a slow, and one of them is a snare that lasts just as long as the slow.
True love is found only in yourself.
Chirika
<Member>
Chirika's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2013 9:43pm | Report
I agree with posts above. As Maokai you need to concentrate on tank items not AP since you will be the one who on the front line to take most damage from enemy team. You can finished your build with items like Iceborn Gauntlet or Rylai's Crystal Scepter but do not look at it like your primary items.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide