Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 204 of 431
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2015 6:48pm | Report
Embracing wrote:
His kit is basically untouched. Jarvan's fine...
this, I highly doubt it changes anything. Weren't people starting Q on j4 jungle anyways? I remember that being a thing at some point.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2015 7:49pm | Report
Definitely E start before the nerf, haven't done numbers since the nerf though.

He lost a lot of armor, but this is jungle we're talking about, not mid lane. There isn't a huge group of champions that can readily step into his spot just because he lost some armor. His core kit is the same, and he remains extremely strong.
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2015 10:08pm | Report
I guess ill try him but i watched Saintvious patch rundown he said they killed him he said his early clear and early game map pressure will be worse and he will need more health pots in the jungle.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2015 12:29am | Report
i love saint, but nobody is always right.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2015 12:49am | Report
It'd be nice to see Morgana top lane moved up a little bit in the list. Like lulu a couple patches ago, she has a pretty average damage kit, provides utility & defense to her team, she has catch potential, and is also a flex pick, being able to be played support, or top lane depending on the circumstance. As of late, i've been seeing her played top lane just often enough for me to consider it as a possibility in draft picks.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2015 2:16am | Report
Cooper112 wrote:
I guess ill try him but i watched Saintvious patch rundown he said they killed him he said his early clear and early game map pressure will be worse and he will need more health pots in the jungle.

The nerf did have a noticeable impact on his early jungle sustain (haven't tried Q start though, if that ends up being better now), but keep in mind that jungling in competitive is pretty wonky. Half the time they have a top laner jungling with them and they're usually focused on vision control rather than lots of high-paced ganks and dueling like you see in soloqueue.

By the time you get Ranger's Trailblazer, the nerf isn't so bad. Once you have Randuin's Omen it's negligible. I think it'll only really hurt soloqueue Jarvan because you won't be able to snowball quite as reliably since his level 3 power is a bit weaker. Even then, he's still a godlike initiator and ganker.
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2015 2:44am | Report
Last ranked session I played (after nurfs) jarvan had a 100% pick/ban ratio. You never picked him for his sustain anyway LOL
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2015 2:56am | Report
He still deals bonkers amounts of damage and his ult duration at early levels..ugh.

H4xDefender
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2015 3:26am | Report

Seems fine in my playtests. He gets hit a little harder early for sure, but for the ganks you SHOULD be looking for at level 3, that isn't much of a problem. I only even felt like I needed ranger's in one of the games, really wasn't too bothered by the sustain.

I was more bothered by how squishy I was if I went for hexdrinker and giant's belt before armor, but that wasn't a huge deal either.
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2015 3:33am | Report
I feel like it's more of an adjustment thing more than anything. I've had a few Jarvan's in my games just get caught completely off-guard by how much health he was losing in clears compared to before. He still offers a **** ton of utility and a fairly decent amount of damage, and he still fulfills what the three meta junglers need to be able to fulfill right now.

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide