Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Jarvan Talk

Creator: Uproar March 10, 2014 9:29pm
27 posts - page 1 of 3
1 2 3
Uproar
<Altruistic Artist>
Uproar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2014 9:29pm | Report
So i've taken up Jarvan as my Main Champion in the Jungle. Also as top lane, yet to try as a support, but more on that another time.

I wanted to talk to other Jarvan players who would suggest the best package for a Jungle Jarvan.
I'm going 9 W - 4 L.
(Where 2 of those loses were down to either a 3 v 5 or a 4 v 5. Just could not pull it around. )

I play Jarvan quite tanky, and depending on my support depends whether or not i take a Locket.

General final build;

Mercury's Treads
Spirit of the Ancient Golem or Spirit of the Elder Lizard Depending on the top lane & support.
Randuin's Omen
Trinity Force
Black Cleaver
Spirit Visage or Sunfire Aegis

Overall, gives me enough tankiness from the get go to do early ganks. By level 6 i can lead in to a multitude of ganks from top to bottom consecutively without stopping.

Obviously problems have arisen, I've noticed as jarvan, once you initiate, you're locked in till the end. with the Cooldowns and no flash up you are vulnerable where as other junglers have viable escapes no matter the situation.

Also with that, successful ganks are not always with a kill, sometimes even after making mid land burn a flash and then hitting R, they may have other escapes. Trying to time everything right.

Anyone else jungle jarvan with another preferably build or perhaps tips tricks?
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2014 10:08am | Report
Trinity Force is pretty expensive for an initiator. Might be better to get Spirit of the Elder Lizard and The Brutalizer, then just build tank with Black Cleaver later on.

Also Banshee's Veil > Spirit Visage imo. Jarvan doesn't get much out of the healing increase and it's only 10% cdr.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2014 10:32am | Report
Don't forget that mercs + ancient golem don't stack tenacity. Besides that, agreed with Psi that Trinity Force shouldn't really be considered as a jungler, other situationals could be something like hexdrinker though.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2014 10:57am | Report
I play a ton of J4, any role except adc. Here is an image of best cheat sheet world:

I'm working on a guide but pretty lazy. It's part of my project which includes a J4 only smurf.

Skill order is Q > W > E.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2014 11:01am | Report
Holy **** that cheat sheet looks super messy, even though it isn't at all.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2014 11:02am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Holy **** that cheat sheet looks super messy, even though it isn't at all.

It just contains builds for three roles xD. Solo, Jungle and Support.
rekh
<Member>
rekh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2014 11:22am | Report
I feel like Hydra is a really strong offensive item to get after your Golem item if you're doing well - good damage, even more sustain in the jungle, and good synergy with ult. I'd definitely get it over Trinity Force (not sure about getting it over Brutalizer tho).
And when the blood was sprinkled on the ground where nothing could grow, the Children of the Dragon did spring up, the People of the Dragon, armed to dance with death till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day. And he did call them forth from the wasted lands, and they did shake the world with battle.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2014 11:29am | Report
rekh wrote:

I feel like Hydra is a really strong offensive item to get after your Golem item if you're doing well - good damage, even more sustain in the jungle, and good synergy with ult. I'd definitely get it over Trinity Force (not sure about getting it over Brutalizer tho).

Hydra is solid, especially when combined with Cleaver.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2014 5:26pm | Report
I must say, that's a very interesting way of organizing your itemization for J4 based on his role. Looks messy, but in reality it isn't.

To the OP: Not quite related to your question, but it's important to say that J4 is especially strong with champions with strong AoE ults. Some examples are Fiddlesticks, Nunu & Willump (if he's ever played anymore), and Ziggs
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2014 9:49pm | Report
I like my Women how I like my coffee; Ground up and in the freezer!
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide