Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Stealth remake, Eve gets her stun back,...

Creator: Jebus McAzn July 13, 2011 8:54am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
NinjaGinge
<Editor>
NinjaGinge's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2011 3:58pm | Report
As someone who mains a stealth character, I find the characteristics of this rework to be very balanced, but the radius of sight where people can see the champ will be what really makes or breaks it. If the vision range of seeing a stealth champ is anywhere near general sight range like they make it sound, then really all they've done is kill stealth in a really underhanded way. If its too small then it basically isnt a nerf at all. Finding a good balance of being able to see vs not see will mean everything.

Also this rework eliminates stealth as a sneaky retreat tactic, which is a HUGE nerf imo.
Thanks goes to JEFFY40HANDS for a gorgeous Karma sig
Hey, you should help me on acquiring Medieval Twitch!! :D
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=507f1031d2ab3250817727
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2011 4:03pm | Report
@NinjaGinge:

The range will be around 500~700... Basically, the point where most skills reach.
Close enough to attack, but far enough that they had a moment to respond.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2011 4:19pm | Report
If this change works out to be balanced (I hope it does, it looks really good), will we be seeing some new stealth champions? I might try Evelynn again, but I really don't like Twitch. Maybe some one who can jungle a bit better than eve?
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
NinjaGinge
<Editor>
NinjaGinge's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2011 4:25pm | Report
hm, 500 is Twitch's attack range =_=

That will blow. maximum one attack before they are of range if he attacks from the front.

And that basically eliminates his ability to be behind anyone who is not ABSURDLY overextended. ohhhh my.

The most in depth guide to Twitch around.

Props to wRAthoFVuLK for the beastly sig and putting up with my request XD
Hey, you should help me on acquiring Medieval Twitch!! :D
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=507f1031d2ab3250817727
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2011 4:29pm | Report
JunSupport wrote:

@NinjaGinge:

The range will be around 500~700... Basically, the point where most skills reach.
Close enough to attack, but far enough that they had a moment to respond.

You sure? I thought they're making it slightly shorter than the current oracle. Oracle is 450 atm, so I'd guess 400? It would be really powerful tho. I'd love it if it was 500 range.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2011 4:30pm | Report
Eve's stun will put her back in tier one, and bring back her auto ban every game lol.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2011 6:52pm | Report
Perma stealth gives me a bad taste... Will be really hard to track them down for ganks...
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2011 6:57pm | Report
no it would be stupid to make the aoe sight less than twitch's range. people be shot for no idea why.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2011 7:06pm | Report
NinjaGinge wrote:

hm, 500 is Twitch's attack range =_=

That will blow. maximum one attack before they are of range if he attacks from the front.

And that basically eliminates his ability to be behind anyone who is not ABSURDLY overextended. ohhhh my.

You are looking at this from only one angle and missing the big picture.

First off, that's only my estimate.
Second, if you even BOTHERED to read the OP, you'd see Xypherous state that they'll be making sure the reworked kits are more suited for combat. The rework will make their kits stronger to compensate for the lack of the element of surprise.

The new stealth is so you can roam past jungle camps and minions and go undetected, but enemy champions will be able to spot you if you get overconfident.
They WANT you to be visible the moment you go on the attack. They WANT the enemy to be able to respond against you. They DO NOT want you easily sneaking behind enemy champions for perfect pincer ganks.
You're complaining about the removal of things that are overpowered and broken, exactly what Riot wants OUT.

What you say "will blow" is what Riot says balanced. :P

TL;DR?
Old stealth ganks are stupid broken, this rework is fair.
Learn to play without broken mechanics.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
th3BlackAngel
<Member>
th3BlackAngel's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2011 7:12pm | Report
I don't think I'm gonna like this. Stealth is just too much IMO. I don't care for Teemo's because he has to stand still, but others are just annoying as ****.
Nidalee - Olympic Gold Medalist Guide <-- Recently Updated
Thanks to jhoijhoi for this amazing sig

What People Look For In a Guide
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide