Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Stealth remake, Eve gets her stun back,...

Creator: Jebus McAzn July 13, 2011 8:54am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2011 11:53am | Report
TheJohn wrote:

I kinda hated this. Since I mostly play as invincible champions, I dont mind if an Eve or Twitch get me. Whats the probability of an eve kills a tank Mordekaiser or Jax?

This new stealth is buffing all low-def champions. Eve will be useless without lvl 5 boots. Imagine eve trying to kill an Annie. She calls Tibbers with the stun and get a kill with her fireball.

You'd kill Annie the way you normally kill Annie. Annie generally fits into the role of a single target nuke (some small AoE). The best way to beat this kind of champion is an attack from more than one source. With the new stealth mechanic, you actually have to use some strategy (i.e. have your mid make her overextend and maybe blow her stun) to get close enough for the kill.

You're right that this change does "buff" squishy champions, but that was really the intention. The current stealth mechanic is not fun (for either side) and kind of OP, so Riot nerfed both stealth champions into the ground to compensate. With this change, normal assassination targets have a little breathing room, while Evelynn and Twitch are buffed to become viable again. I strongly feel that this change is going to make stealth champions more fun to play and easier to deal with at the same time.

Also, just because you play as tanks and offtanks doesn't mean everyone can do the same. Some one on your team has to be a squishy (usually) and they WILL be targeted. If you have no trouble dealing with stealth champions as a squishy, that's because they've been nerfed to the point of uselessness.
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
Bloofyre
<Member>
Bloofyre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2011 2:46pm | Report
it actually sounds viable... even though in the long run that makes eve **** tier again because shes basically non-stealth since she is revealed upon getting close... GL getting any kills off eve XD

Many thanks to wRAthoFVuLK for my epic sig

If I helped you at all, +Rep
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2011 2:50pm | Report
TheJohn wrote:

I kinda hated this. Since I mostly play as invincible champions, I dont mind if an Eve or Twitch get me. Whats the probability of an eve kills a tank Mordekaiser or Jax?

This new stealth is buffing all low-def champions. Eve will be useless without lvl 5 boots. Imagine eve trying to kill an Annie. She calls Tibbers with the stun and get a kill with her fireball.

In the other hand, this makes the game more realistic. In real life, you can detect people who are trying to hide himself and attack you.

Change that to "Imagine Eve trying to kill an Annie with a short-dash stun and the help of 1~2 allies."

There is still a slight element of surprise as Evelynn won't be directly detected by minions or wards.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2011 2:53pm | Report
Hmm... this made me think.... If they're perma-stealthed, will they become un-stealthed if they attack minions?
*situation* Nobody's top. Ashe: Freefarm top! She goes because she doesn't notice their minions dying. *An ally has been slain*
True love is found only in yourself.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2011 3:06pm | Report
@Lugignaf:

If the stealthed champion attacks in any way, he/she becomes unstealthed for 2 seconds.

They are however, free to wander around.
Even if they enter an enemy's true sight radius, if they immediately walk back out then the stealth is automatically reactivated.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2011 3:43pm | Report
Seems like an awkward fix...But it might work
Bellator
<Member>
Bellator's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2011 5:56pm | Report
... Interesting. I like it so far.
ClearDays
<Member>
ClearDays's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2011 6:50pm | Report
So they nerfed Evelynn to remake her completely a few patches later?

Much love to The Nameless Bard for this sexy picture<3
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2011 6:59pm | Report
They nerfed he because she caused too much passive play. They were planning a stealth re-work and were going to buff her and twitch accordingly.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Kramis
<Member>
Kramis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 14, 2011 8:36pm | Report
I really like this^^ .. stealth players need to be a little more tactic and smarter and, i imagine that it will get alot more skill based and alot of more fun to play with. and bad players may not alert to the sound/suddenly a champion that appears. stealth champions will still have the elemental off suprise when a playet gets offguard/overextended :P.. nice !
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide