Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

looking for mentors for some champs

Creator: heartcore88 July 12, 2012 4:27pm
heartcore88
<Member>
heartcore88's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2012 4:27pm | Report
hello,

I'm heartcore88, and i started playing LoL on EU West since some time ago, i was quite enjoying the game until i started playing normal games, where i get stomped on most of the time and being called noob and stuff. Now i'm tired of that and i was thinking to look for some help so here i am.

First of all, i don't have a favourite champ. i like to play alot of champions i got and there will probably come more once i got the points for them.

second i'm looking for mentors/help with the following champions:
1. Blitzcrank
2. Tryndamere
3. Sion
4. Garen
5. Twitch
6. Ryze
7. Olaf
8. Mordekaiser
9. Brand
10. Alistar
11. Jax
12. Darius
13. Dr. mundo
14. Shaco
15. Master Yi.

I think that's about it.
These are all champs i own and i like to play.

What do i expect to learn from the mentors?
Well what i want to learn is how to play the champion, like what to do in what situation, the basics, so i can have some fun again without being called a noob and stuff. and also for when i reach level 30 to be ready for ranked games and stuff.

I think that's about it,
you can contact me on LoL as heartcore88 and trough skype as sinterpad.

Thanks in advance
greetings heartcore
The LZ
<Member>
The LZ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2012 4:38pm | Report
Which region are you on?
"(Btw LZ, I read all of your posts like a poem because your paragraphs look like stanzas. It's rather amusing. :P)" - PsiGuard
"^ya same
why you write like that" - wRAthoFVuLK
"Why DO you write like that?" - Amazing Monkey
"Why do you write like that LZ?" - iownedya
"no-one knows, but it is unique.
An artist originalising his work,
per say. Yet what have I done,
I have copied his work.
It's probably wrong too, but lolz. Keep at it LZ, since it makes reading your posts interesting." - ShiftyCake
heartcore88
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2012 4:40pm | Report
Sorry forgot to add that, I'm playing on EU West
The LZ
<Member>
The LZ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2012 5:28pm | Report
If you edit your profile it'll show on every post
you make automatically. That's easier. I could probably
help you with some of those champs, albeit I don't own
all of them.
"(Btw LZ, I read all of your posts like a poem because your paragraphs look like stanzas. It's rather amusing. :P)" - PsiGuard
"^ya same
why you write like that" - wRAthoFVuLK
"Why DO you write like that?" - Amazing Monkey
"Why do you write like that LZ?" - iownedya
"no-one knows, but it is unique.
An artist originalising his work,
per say. Yet what have I done,
I have copied his work.
It's probably wrong too, but lolz. Keep at it LZ, since it makes reading your posts interesting." - ShiftyCake
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2012 9:53pm | Report
I dont play on EUW, but i can def give you advice on many of those champs here on moba. I will stick with the champs you have mentioned that i know best, and try to keep it brief with only a few of them.

Ryze- this is one of the most powerful mids, limited only by the relatively short range of his abilities. Rotation usually goes like this- Desperate Power, Overload, Rune Prison, Spell Flux, Overload. If they are running away from you and may flash, skip the first Overload. He has alot of burst potential, while also being able to sustain very high DPS for about 5 seconds.

Traditional and effective build:
Start with Sapphire Crystal and 2 health pots. Gives you staying power and more damage.
build into Tear of the Goddess
get a catalyst of the protector and basic boots
finish Rod of Ages
finish Sorcerer's Shoes
finish Archangel's Staff (in that order)
at this point, your damage will be STUPID high, and these are really the only items that are truly necessary. After these, there are a few differnt things you could get, depending on what you want to do.
If you want to go tanky, grab Frozen Heart, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, and Abyssal Mask. if you want to go for max glass cannon, grab Rabadon's Deathcap, Void Staff, and probably another Rylai's Crystal Scepter.

Mordekaiser-
OK, this is the champ that i farm IP with in 3s. The build and playstyle i use is pretty much unique, so if it sounds odd, just try it before you knock it. And, i've had people ask me to make a guide for Mord after playing either with or against it, but i've refused, as i don't want people on my server using it and possibly being able to beat me. But, since you are on EUW, i suppose i can share my knowledge XD.

First i have to say, that your main goal as Mord, is to get double the CS of anyone else on either YOUR team or your ENEMY's team. The enemy team can ****off, don't mess with them unless they come to mess with you, then burst them down with a few abilities until they go away, then continue to farm. If there are no creeps in lane (which will happen alot, since you can clear a creepwave in about three seconds after a couple if items) then go into the jungle and keep grabbing cash.
The point during combat, is to get max CDR with good health, armor, AP, and mres, so that your shield from Iron Man NEVER goes away. Using the max CDR theory, generally in threes, by end game, i can generally 1v3 the entire enemy team and win.

Build-
start with Doran's Shield for the health, armor and health regen (which you really need since your abilities cost health at first)
get Hextech Revolver
buy Ionian Boots of Lucidity
finish Will of the Ancients
get Glacial Shroud to finish into Frozen Heart. yes, i know that it gives some mana which you dont need, but i think that everything else the item gives you (99 armor, 20% attack speed debuff for enemies, and 20% CDR) makes that extra 400 gold well worth it.
get Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Abyssal Mask
and then something that suits the situation. Possible items include Rabadon's Deathcap, Force of Nature, Guardian Angel, Void Staff, Zhonya's Hourglass.

Master Yi
OK, this was my first true love. There are three different ways to play Master Yi, and thats kinda crazy, because he covers all 3 different major playstyles, AP, AD, and On Hit.

AD Build:
Berserker's Greaves
Wriggle's Lantern
Phantom Dancer
Bloodthirster
Infinity Edge
Black Cleaver
sell wiggles and get Frozen Mallet. This is in no particular order, get these things as the need arises, but the wriggles should def be first.

Honestly i totally ignore Meditate with this build. level Alpha Strike and Wuju Style alternatively, of course taking Highlander whenever available, taking Meditate only when you absolutely have to. Bushes are your BEST friend. And a neat trick, and great for harass in lane, is to wait till there are only 3 or 4 enemy creeps left, then alpha the one farthest away from your enemy, and they get nailed while you stay safe. And, if you manage to time it to where the creep you jump to first will die before the alpha animation is over, you will pop back to your original starting location. A fantastic harassment tool. This goes true for all builds.

AP Build:
Rabadon's Deathcap
Rabadon's Deathcap
Rabadon's Deathcap
Rabadon's Deathcap
Rabadon's Deathcap
Rabadon's Deathcap

Haha, just kidding. Basically you want to build any traditional AP carry build, making sure to incorporate some mana regen into the build, and alot of CDR if you can too, since your biggest source of damage is Alpha Strike and it has a notoriously long CD. A fun one to try would be:

Athene's Unholy Grail
Sorcerer's Shoes
Morello's Evil Tome
Void Staff
Rabadon's Deathcap
and then a situational to give you either more survivability like Banshee's Veil or just for funzies another Rabadon's Deathcap.

Something fun to do, with this build, is if you get ganked or find yourself focused in a teamfight, use Meditate to get unrivaled health regen then pop Highlander and run away.

There is really only one On Hit build, but in case you didnt know it, it goes like this:

either Berserker's Greaves or Sorcerer's Shoes
Malady
Madred's Bloodrazor
Wit's End
Frozen Mallet
Black Cleaver

This really helps your team out too, because it absolutely shreds all resistances while doing massive amounts of damage. When you hit Highlander at full build, you literally get max attack speed (2.5 hits per second), which means madred's melts people in a matter of seconds. If you snag someone by themselves, they die. Simple as that. You do too much damage WAY too fast, and its impossible to run away from you.

Well i hope this helped you out, if you have any more questions about anything, just post them on this thread (ill be keeping an eye on it) or feel free to PM me.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
heartcore88
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2012 2:41am | Report
Thanks alot,

I will certainly try these builds out.
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2012 4:21am | Report
i could help you get the hang of laning with those guys (at least those who do lane^^)

just add me ingame and we can work something out!

if you want to be "prepared" for rankedgames you should try to get everysingle bit of strategycontent you can get, so look on mobafire, lolpro and my site
thats pretty much all the sites i know apart from the most obvious: solomid.net

greez sam
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
heartcore88
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2012 9:09am | Report
Ok thanks alot for the replies, i just added you. let me know when you got time and thanks for offering me the help.
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2012 11:39am | Report
awesome you added me^^
unfortunately the chat is down atm
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook