Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Patch 6.11 Summary

Creator: PsiGuard June 1, 2016 3:29pm
1 2 3
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2016 3:29pm | Report

Hello and welcome to the MOBAFire Patch Summary - 6.11!

This is a major balance patch that includes a lot of nerfs targeted at the most successful picks in the current meta, especially at high-level play. Riot's goal on this one is to take the top champions down a peg so they aren't mandatory picks or bans every game. In addition, there's also a few item changes, new splash arts and upcoming skins in this patch. Check out the full patch notes for details on any changes that interest you.

Champion Updates

WTF DID THEY DO TO MY CHAMPION?!
quick access for concerned players

-
-
+
~
Anivia
Azir
Corki
Ekko
+
+
-
-
Illaoi
Jax
Kindred
Lucian
-
-
-
-
Maokai
Nidalee
Ryze
Swain
+
+
-
Taliyah
Vel'Koz
Zed
Aurelion Sol

! = Rework / Gameplay Update* = Mostly bugfix(es) and/or display changes+ = Buff- = Nerf~ = Mixed

Arguably the biggest champion changes this patch were to Kindred. Pretty sizable damage and slow nerfs to Dance of Arrows and Mounting Dread cut a lot of their free pressure from levels. Their Q in particular lost a whopping 45 damage at rank 5. For an ability that hits multiple targets and is cast very frequently, that's a huge hit to Kindred's early and mid game damage.

Mark of the Kindred, also received some functionality changes:
Wolf now marks jungle monsters based on Kindred's current stacks.
0 - 2 Marks: Rift Scuttlers or Razorbeaks
3 - 4 Marks: Krugs, Razorbeaks, Gromp, or Murkwolves
5 - 7 Marks: Blue Sentinels, Red Bramblebacks, Rift Herald, or Elemental Dragons
7+ Marks: Baron Nashor or Elder Dragon
These marks also increase the damage of Dance of Arrows by 5 (uncapped), helping to mitigate the Q nerf if the Kindred player is able to secure several marks.

Azir received nerfs on two fronts. First, Arise! can no longer be cast on turrets for damage, cutting down on his extra pushing power. Second, Emperor's Divide now only lasts for 3 seconds at all ranks (from 5/6/7) and no longer speeds up allies who run through the wall of soldiers.

Ekko received another round of nerfs targeted at his tank build. This time, in addition to lowering base damages and increasing ratios, Riot hit his utility directly, lowering his Parallel Convergence stun from 2.25 to 1.75 seconds and increasing the lockout time on Z-Drive Resonance from 3 seconds to 5 seconds. These changes should make Ekko less useful without a lot of AP to add punch to his spells.

The most notable buff this patch went to Vel'Koz whose recent rework left Life Form Disintegration Ray feeling a little lackluster. Vel'Koz's ultimate now applies his passive, Organic Deconstruction, every 0.7s (up to 3 stacks) and will start dealing full true damage to targets that become researched during the ultimate. He also received a buff to Plasma Fission's slow duration, maxing out at 2.6 seconds at rank 5.

Item Changes

Let's tackle the boots changes first. Boots of Swiftness went from 60 to 55 movement speed, bringing it closer to the 45 movement speed of other boots. Berserker's Greaves went from 30% to 35% attack speed and Ninja Tabi went from 10% to 12% basic attack reduction. These two boots were unpopular choices in past patches, partly due to the dominance of Swiftness, so these changes are aimed at encouraging diversity based on your preference or opponents.

Stinger and Trinity Force received some notable changes this patch. Stinger is cheaper, but gives less attack speed, making it more accessible as a component item. Trinity Force now builds out of Stinger instead of Zeal and is 67 gold cheaper in total. Losing 20% crit, Trinity Force now gives a whopping 40% attack speed and 20% cooldown reduction compared to its former 15% attack speed and 10% cooldown reduction. These changes are aimed at making Trinity Force a preferable damage item for champions that use both basic attacks and spells with a lot of sheen procs. Removing critical strike chance makes it less attractive to marksmen.

Finally, Wit's End received a huge buff to its build path and cost. Building out of a Negatron Cloak rather than a simple Null-Magic Mantle, Wit's end is now 300 gold cheaper and gives the same stats as before.

New Splash Arts

Upcoming Skins

The following skins will be released during patch 6.11:

Share Your Thoughts!

That's it on our end, time to hear from you guys! What are your thoughts on the champion changes? Who will you build the new Trinity Force and Wit's End on? With so many nerfs, who will be the strongest champion this patch? Which of the new Nidalee splash arts is your favorite?

Let us know in the comments below!
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2016 4:32pm | Report
I love those Nidalee splash arts :D

and boots of swiftness are barely swift at all now wtf

by jhoijhoi
Sir Wellington
<Member>
Sir Wellington's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2016 5:35pm | Report
Trinity Force is now a mandatory item for Xin Zhao :D

It used to be a tough choice between Triforce and Youmuu's Ghostblade as a first item, but now there's pretty much no contest lol.

Check out my manly Xin Zhao guide for manly men!
superscythelord
<Member>
superscythelord's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2016 6:28pm | Report
Trinity Force is now a mandatory item for Xin Zhao :D

It used to be a tough choice between Triforce and Youmuu's Ghostblade as a first item, but now there's pretty much no contest lol.

Hi, XZ is my Favourite champ too, i think wit's end is good, it has a lot of on-hit dame, i like to build XZ with AS , it has some MR , now it cheaper, trinity is too expensive with a jungler :D and you should try xz off-tank with AS once, it's great (sorry, i'm not so good at E , i'm VietNamese =)))
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2016 11:47pm | Report
I mean, I'm not quite sure why they nerfed Maokai for the jungle, but that's okay I guess. :/

And good ****ing bye Azir, holy ****. How's he gonna recover from that?
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2016 2:09am | Report
Let's hope he doesn't.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2016 2:26am | Report
Poor Taliyah. Even if she received buffs from the hotfix and the latest patch, we can't deny that she's so weak.

Looks like I'll add her to my champion roster.
Thanks to MissMaw for the sig!
Sticks and stones may break my bones, b*tch you can't phase me.
Ranked Misadventures
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2016 5:33am | Report
The Azir nerfs are miniscule though. Like even without the W on towers, I'm pretty sure he must still be the fastest tower taking AP champion in the game (which makes it seem kind of ridiculous that it ever worked on towers in the first place), so that change literally gives 0 incentive to stop playing him. The R nerf is a little worse but I doubt it's enough to affect his viability. It sounds more like the kind of nerf that would knock a champion's win rate down by 0.5%, just because in some games it'll cause you to lose and in others it'll have 0 effect.

IMO Azir's burst needs to be toned down, like his DPS is ridiculous but that's what the champion is meant to do, so why am I also dying to 3 Azir hits on ADC if I get close to him for just 1 second? Like legit, so many times I've been doing well/been fed on ADC but I get 1-shot by any Azir combo that only reaches enough hits to proc Thunderlord's Decree . It's pretty ridiculous burst for someone that also out-DPS's most ADC's from 1,000 range away.

Personally to nerf Azir I would either nerf the damage per level on Q, or just make it so additional soldiers don't double/triple the damage. Until they do something like that to either cut down his burst or DPS (or nerf his range) he's always going to be ridiculously obnoxious to play against.
Roguish Bard
<Member>
Roguish Bard's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2016 6:01am | Report

Personally to nerf Azir I would either nerf the damage per level on Q, or just make it so additional soldiers don't double/triple the damage. Until they do something like that to either cut down his burst or DPS (or nerf his range) he's always going to be ridiculously obnoxious to play against.

Didn't they already remove the damage stacking for multiple soldier hits?
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2016 6:24am | Report
Oh, so they did. Just lower Q damage per level then. Idk he'd probably still feel too bursty though. It's an awkward situation where his DPS is so high that 1 second of his DPS is really bursty.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide