Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Patch 9.18 Summary

Creator: Wayne3100 September 11, 2019 11:00am
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2019 11:00am | Report

Hello and welcome to the MOBAFire Patch Summary - 9.18!

With the 2019 World Championship drawing ever closer, the balance changes introduced in this week's patch are aimed at increasing champion diversity during this event as well as addressing a few outliers that run the risk of overpowering the competition if left unchecked.

To this end, Riot have taken another pass at Aatrox, who will now be healing a lot less from his passive if used on a minion, while his Q damage to minions has also been reduced. Meanwhile, Akali's first cast of Perfect Execution will no longer stun opponents, and the cooldown of the ability has also been significantly increased at the early stages of the game.

The other champion adjustments are mostly minor in comparison, consisting either of number adjustments or small QoL improvements. To complement all this, patch 9.18 also includes the release of four more skins in the Star Guardian series, one of which will also have a Prestige Edition.

As always, be sure to check out the full patch notes for details on any changes that interest you (or, if you're more interested in Teamfight Tactics, click here for the 9.18 patch notes for TFT).

Champion Balance Changes

*NEW* Click on any of the champion icons below to view the champion-specific changes in the official patch notes
Buffed

Bugfix/QoL

Nerfed

Other Changes

• Bugfixes

• Jayce's E - Acceleration Gate now properly functions when cast on top of Jayce
    • Pinging Pantheon's R - Grand Starfall will tell Pantheon's teammates which enemies are in range
    • Wolf no longer grants additional, non-functional vision to Kindred when circling her
    • Champions affected by Stasis no longer move during the effect
    • Allies on their way to enter Tahm Kench's R - Abyssal Voyage will no longer be stuck when Tahm Kench is hit by an enemy
    • When Shaco fears a target with W - Jack in the Box, he'll properly receive an assist if the target is killed shortly after
    • Diana's Passive - Moonsilver Blade's tooltip now properly updates when she ranks up E - Moonfall
    • Jinx's E - Flame Chompers now properly prevent Akali from moving when she uses R - Perfect Execution through them
    • Taliyah's Q - Threaded Volley now properly consumes the full mana cost after she walks out of an area of Worked Ground
    • Illaoi can no longer dash a short distance using W - Harsh Lesson when snared or rooted
    • Bard's Meep cone attacks now properly break spell shields
    • When Karthus is under his Passive - Death Defied effect, his W - Wall of Pain now properly grants vision around the wall

Upcoming Skins & Chromas

The following skins will be released this patch.

Star Guardian Neeko Prestige Edition

Star Guardian Neeko (1350 RP)

Star Guardian Xayah & Rakan (1820 RP)

Star Guardian Zoe (1350 RP)

The following chromas will be released this patch.

Star Guardian Rakan

Star Guardian Xayah

Star Guardian Zoe

Share Your Thoughts!

That's it on our end, time to hear from you guys! What are your thoughts on the changes made to Aatrox and Akali, and how often will we see them being picked during Worlds? Which other balance changes made in this patch will have the biggest influence on the viability of a champion? And finally, which of the new Star Guardian skins is your favorite?

Let us know in the comments below!

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2019 11:09am | Report
I absolutely love the Xayah skin. :P
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2019 11:22am | Report
if these skins aren't in the store in 24h I don't know what I'll do 😤
Wicked Cherry
<Veteran>
Wicked Cherry's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2019 12:21pm | Report
Fruxo wrote:
I absolutely love the Xayah skin. :P

In my opinion it's the prettiest from them all, although Rakan's is pretty nice too. *-*
But in exchange for receiving that great skin she's being nerfed... >_<
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2019 12:48pm | Report
Star guardians = least favorite skin line for me (just doesn't float my boat). + the first iteration all looked similar enough that it is often hard to tell if Lux is killing you or one of the other star guardian skinned champions if more than one is on the enemy team.

Warwick bugfix is potentially a large buff, since he was already in a decent, if not good, spot. Still don't see him in pro play, mostly I think due to lack of wall scaling abilties and path predictability since he can't do the AoE camps quickly without Tiamat.

Zoe buffs. Aaaaargh. That champion needs to be expunged from LoL.

"Hey we reworked Nidalee. I know, let's give a champion long range burst poke and hard CC!!! smh

Not sure the Caitlyn, Ekko, Evelynn or Lee Sin buffs were necessary.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2019 3:27pm | Report
VexRoth wrote:
Star guardians = least favorite skin line for me (just doesn't float my boat). + the first iteration all looked similar enough that it is often hard to tell if Lux is killing you or one of the other star guardian skinned champions if more than one is on the enemy team.

Warwick bugfix is potentially a large buff, since he was already in a decent, if not good, spot. Still don't see him in pro play, mostly I think due to lack of wall scaling abilties and path predictability since he can't do the AoE camps quickly without Tiamat.

Zoe buffs. Aaaaargh. That champion needs to be expunged from LoL.

"Hey we reworked Nidalee. I know, let's give a champion long range burst poke and hard CC!!! smh

Not sure the Caitlyn, Ekko, Evelynn or Lee Sin buffs were necessary.

...Did I write this comment? This sounds exactly like what I would say.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide