Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

As a future science teacher...

Creator: jhoijhoi April 21, 2013 2:02am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2013 10:12am | Report
as for the topic, this really sickens me and i hope this is some backwater redneck town in kentucky spreading this ****.

as for similar topic, i hate the recent trending going on in schools, about how you can't ever hurt a kids feelings and **** like that. i swear my senior year in highschool (grad 2010) all the teachers used purple pens instead of red. because red was a bad color, i'm not ****ing ****ting you.

but in general, school is done wrong, its not about learning and growing minds its about memorizing (mostly) useless trivia.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2013 10:30am | Report
School is and never was about making you smart. It is all about teaching you stuff some old people think you should know/ belive.
Thanks lgnition for the Sig.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2013 10:38am | Report
caucheka wrote:

but in general, school is done wrong, its not about learning and growing minds its about memorizing (mostly) useless trivia.

it's actually funny to see how useless trivia actually enables you to humiliate people... besides solving daily problems and keeping you from making stupid decisions.

Sig made by Hogopogo
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2013 10:40am | Report
I have no idea to what schools you went, but where I have been so far as a student, they all were most of the time on topic :P

Maybe I am just damn lucky ;P
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
ShortyHUN
<Member>
ShortyHUN's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2013 11:00am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

I have no idea to what schools you went, but where I have been so far as a student, they all were most of the time on topic :P

Maybe I am just damn lucky ;P

Dude i nearly failed a year in high school becuse i told the teacher he's wrong... lots of outdated stuff. Problem solving, communication, administration stuff, creativity etc, instead they force lexical knowledge.

Feel free to +rep me if i helped any way!
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2013 11:02am | Report
School in fact teaches you "only" knowledge in general.
By doing so, you have the opportunity to develope intelligence on your own.

Everything before college level is not about learning math/science/art/etc., but learning the basics of life to get started.

And:

Q: "Where you there?"

A: "Yeah, your god took me there to show me around."

Riddle me this you fanatic suckers!

P.S.

Aren't all those fanatics about how dinosaurs never existed since it would support the evolution theory?
So how come the test asks for the day god invented them?
Or did I miss how they came up with a new way to deny the obvious?
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2013 11:46am | Report
Lol and then they said the world wont fall apart
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2013 2:33pm | Report
This is a school test from somewhere in America, so I have no idea the ideologies behind it. All I know is that it was a confirmed test from a private school, not public.

This is my last year of "study" before I graduate to become a high school teacher for English and Science. I just want to rebut the claim that school just teaches you useless trivia. It completely depends on your teacher and the curriculum. Australian curriculum is all about relating content to context. So for example, I wouldn't just teach you what cells and DNA are - instead, I'd have written a context-based unit, perhaps about genetically modified food, or a case study on various inherited genes.

Or, if the English curriculum tells me I need to teach you functional grammar, I'd not just have a lesson on "grammar"; we'd take up a primary/secondary text and deconstruct it, looking for aspects of affect, appreciation, modality and graduation.

There are some subjects that are hard to make context-based, and the first one that comes to mind is math.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2013 3:19pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

This is a school test from somewhere in America, so I have no idea the ideologies behind it. All I know is that it was a confirmed test from a private school, not public.

This is my last year of "study" before I graduate to become a high school teacher for English and Science. I just want to rebut the claim that school just teaches you useless trivia. It completely depends on your teacher and the curriculum. Australian curriculum is all about relating content to context. So for example, I wouldn't just teach you what cells and DNA are - instead, I'd have written a context-based unit, perhaps about genetically modified food, or a case study on various inherited genes.

Or, if the English curriculum tells me I need to teach you functional grammar, I'd not just have a lesson on "grammar"; we'd take up a primary/secondary text and deconstruct it, looking for aspects of affect, appreciation, modality and graduation.

There are some subjects that are hard to make context-based, and the first one that comes to mind is math.

*kneels

jhoijhoi, will you be my teacher? *.*

Sig made by Tamy
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2013 5:02pm | Report
If all teachers are like jhoi the world would be a better place
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions: