Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

AP Warwick

Creator: NicknameMy June 12, 2013 6:51am
1 2 3
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 6:51am | Report
So, now the on-hit changes are here and I know one champ who will really like them: AP Warwick. AP Warwick got back in some time even some competetive playtime until they nerfed the healing value of Hungering Strike. But he still has insane selfheal in the lane as long as he has mana (and that could be fixed with Crystalline Flask) and now, later in the game, he will deal way more damage thanks to Wit's End and Nashor's Tooth. The only hard thing here will be to find the right balance between the offense and defense, any thoughts? I would say, Rod of Ages is a must, but what after that?

My actual build structure:

1. Rod of Ages
2. Boots(Merc's or Sorc)
3. ? (something focused on armor)
4. Wit's End
5. ? (something focused on AP)
6. Nashor's Tooth
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 6:56am | Report
I've played Warwick with Muramana and Black Cleaver recently and loved it. But that's not AP. I don't know if I'd build Nashor's on WW.

I was thinking a build looking like this for maximum on-hitness:

Frozen is for the mana to support Muramana.

This is obviously a glass cannon build and would not be viable in the jungle. Would be a top lane build.

What were you thinking for a straight AP on-hit WW?
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 7:00am | Report
Something similar to AP Bruiser'gath which gets items with some AP and AS to get into the enemy face and throw Vorpal Spikes on them. My build for him is actually:

Rod of Ages
Mercury's Treads
Thornmail
Spirit Visage
Wit's End
Nashor's Tooth

Problem is, I don't think Warwick has enough HP to do this and that isn't actually enough AP. Also Warwick has generally a lower base damage. But I might be wrong.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 7:04am | Report
That Thornmail is confusing. And pretty much worthless. Especially on Cho'Gath who would be better of with Frozen Heart.

What's your reasoning for grabbing Thornmail?
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 7:07am | Report
I wanted to make the build cost a very low amount of gold. That is just 13k-14k, which especially helps with the shorter games nowadays. Also I got 40% CDR with Spirit Visage and Nashor's Tooth and good amounts of mana with Rod of Ages. I also run into the middle of the fight trying to AA things to death, so the enemy carry actually has to focus me. At this point, Thornmail is better. Finally, Cho's HP pool is already so high, that I would say it is better than Randuin's Omen.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 7:30am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Something similar to AP Bruiser'gath which gets items with some AP and AS to get into the enemy face and throw Vorpal Spikes on them. My build for him is actually:

Rod of Ages
Mercury's Treads
Thornmail
Spirit Visage
Wit's End
Nashor's Tooth

Problem is, I don't think Warwick has enough HP to do this and that isn't actually enough AP. Also Warwick has generally a lower base damage. But I might be wrong.

That build has less tankiness, less sustain and less damage than AD WW.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 7:50am | Report
That also isn't my WW build, that is my Cho build. AP WW needs, as I said, a different build. I would only like a comparable build in which you AA the enemy to death, utilising AP, Wit's and Nashor's.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 7:56am | Report
go mpen (haunting guise) and tankiness +cdr (sunfire, spirit visage)

going ap is just pointless

dont see a reason why you would
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 8:13am | Report
If you go AP Warwick you have to go full Yolo AP Warwick. No ****** hiding behind your tankiness and base damages.

Seraph's Embrace
Rabadon's Deathcap
Sorcerer's Shoes
Nashor's Tooth

You go Ham or you go home ;D
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 8:19am | Report
His Q has a 100% AP ratio (and 80% of that is healed) and Nashor's has a 15% AP ratio, which procs on his ultimate. If you strike a huge HP guy with your Q, your heal is just insane.

BTW Dark: Wouldn't you get Spirit of the Spectral Wraith for the even higher heal? And which tools does Warwick have to get up tear quickly? He has 3 abilities with long cooldowns.
He is gonna kill you!!!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide