Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Berserker boots, buy them and let your enemy...

Creator: mdsn December 12, 2011 11:07am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 5:25pm | Report
They're probably the best choice for AD carries, unless the enemy team literally has a hard CC on every champion then you could consider mercs, though cleanse and/or QSS usually solves that..

on melee though you should never get berserker's as they're much more vulnerable to CC
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 6:34pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

I'm telling you, cost to effect, Ninja Tabi are the best by a comfortable mile. Followed by Merc tread's. Followed by Berz greaves.

Sounds about right to me, though the new Ninja Tabi is supposed to be Enhanced Movement 2 with a bit more armor and a passive Ghost-like function where you can pass through minions. Sounds kinda lame to me; the dodge was the main attraction.

I consider Mercury's Treads utterly useless on glass carries in the majority of games. I know we're all supposed to worship merc's, but I would never get them on a squishy ranged autoattacker (AD casters would be fine), at least not until late game. Maybe in one or two games you might want the tenacity, but usually I find it useless. I could be totally wrong here, but that's my position on merc's at the moment in regards to squishy ranged carries.

@Khazem: There are a few select champions like Tryndamere, Nocturne and Master Yi who can use Berserker's Greaves very effectively. I know some people will build Mercury's Treads on absolutely every melee, but I think there are some champions that need the early AS too much.

Though if you built Mercury's Treads on those champions, it would probably still be fine.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 8:30pm | Report
I know they do need attack speed early on, but I don't think boots are a good source of attack speed for champions so vulnerable to CC (Master Yi to a lesser extent). All 3 of these champions work great with an early Youmuu's, I don't see why you'd take attack speed boots over much needed tenacity and magic resist. After all they do need to be able to stay on their target to do damage.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 12:02pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Sounds about right to me, though the new Ninja Tabi is supposed to be Enhanced Movement 2 with a bit more armor and a passive Ghost-like function where you can pass through minions. Sounds kinda lame to me; the dodge was the main attraction.

Holy shet!

Will it boost move speed?
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 12:09pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Holy shet!

Will it boost move speed?

Considering it's PASSIVE.

No.

Just the ability to not have minions block your pathing.

For someone like Udyr, or Olaf, or Singed this means a lot.

Could be the new Move 3 boots haha :s.
Tri lane for life.
example1013
<Member>
example1013's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 2:54pm | Report
What I'm getting out of this is, carries should just buy 3 phantom dancers.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 3:38pm | Report
If they still only cost like 850 those will be GOOD on AD carries too

gutness.

Also it better be collision with minions and not avoids unit collision like ghost or you'll walk right through jarvan ult and **** too :P
mastajdog
<Editor>
mastajdog's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 6:41pm | Report
imo, i usually end with a double pd on most ad carries anyway, and a triforce/force of nature on most ad-offtanks, so i sell my boots, picking up cloak and dagger if i have to get the cc reduction. is that a prob?
Mastajdog, "You shall bow in the presence of the masta."
please +rep if i've been helpful at all, and come check out my guides!
credits to The Nameless Bard and greynadefor the awsome signatures, and me for the others.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 6:58pm | Report
An AD Carry Summoner's Story:

Level 0
Level 15
Level 30
300 wins in
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 7:02pm | Report
mastajdog wrote:

imo, i usually end with a double pd on most ad carries anyway, and a triforce/force of nature on most ad-offtanks, so i sell my boots, picking up cloak and dagger if i have to get the cc reduction. is that a prob?

Yeah.

Never sell boots.
Tri lane for life.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide