Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ezreal as a Randuin's/FroHeart counter

Creator: DKitten July 28, 2013 6:01pm
1 2
DKitten
<Member>
DKitten's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 6:01pm | Report
So my partner mains Ezreal, and he's just started using Manamune (having ignored it for some time b/c it appears weak). While we were discussing when he should be picking up Tear of the Goddess, we came up with a 40% CDR build that focuses on Q-spam over AAs. (The fact that I was discussing that I figured out how to run 40% CDR on Ashe probably had something to do with this lol)

Why I'm posting here:
We're not confident that this build would actually work and it is very difficult for new Ezreal players due to its heavy reliance on skillshot Mystic Shot. Pros and Cons listed are specific to this build.

======================================

Mokulu's Simulator for stats of the 5-item core

Items:
Boots Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Vampiric Scepter Bloodthirster
Tear of the Goddess Manamune
Sheen Iceborn Gauntlet
The Brutalizer Black Cleaver
Some defensive item like Mercurial Scimitar, Guardian Angel, or another on-hit like Blade of the Ruined King or Statikk Shiv due to his ability to kite with Iceborn Gauntlet.

Masteries (21/0/9):
Utility: Summoner's Insight , Meditation , Mastermind , 1/3 Expanded Mind , Runic Affinity
Offense: Summoner's Wrath , Sorcery, Deadliness , Weapon Expertise , Blast , Archaic Knowledge , Brute Force , Sunder , Executioner

Runes:
Marks: Greater Mark of Hybrid Penetration
Glyphs: 1x Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction, 8x Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Seals: Greater Seal of Armor
Quintessence: Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage OR 2x Greater Quintessence of Life Steal + 1x Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage

Pros:
- He's got a 2.4s CD on Mystic Shot (1.4s with successful proc) and a 6.6s CD on Arcane Shift
- The low CD on Mystic Shot means the 48s CD on Trueshot Barrage is actually much shorter, enabling him to possibly fire it twice over a 25 second teamfight (once to initiate, once to finish).
- Easy to kite with
- He can still AA even if silenced (pro over AP build)

Cons:
- Considerably lower damage than AD or AP builds, especially midgame
- May have mana issues until Sheen is built.
- Has many decent "middling" items, meaning that build order is going to be extremely situational
- Will have difficulty taking out a single target in teamfights due to the amount of bodyblocking (Con over AD build)

Ideal Build:
Start: Long Sword + 2 Health Potions
Laning Phase: Boots Vampiric Scepter Tear of the Goddess Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Transition to teamfight phase: Bloodthirster Sheen Manamune
Iceborn Gauntlet The Brutalizer → start of defensive/on-hit 6th → Black Cleaver → finish defensive/on-hit 6th

======================================

Feedback?
Build Guides:

Humor Guides:

Welcome to the wonderful world of supports. How can I help you today?
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 6:08pm | Report
Last Whisper is better than Black Cleaver, it's not worth getting TBC over LW just for 10% CDR. You will severely hurt your damage

Also, simulators are a joke, try it out in a real game
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 6:28pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

Last Whisper is better than Black Cleaver, it's not worth getting TBC over LW just for 10% CDR. You will severely hurt your damage

Also, simulators are a joke, try it out in a real game
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
DKitten
<Member>
DKitten's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 6:41pm | Report
Last Whisper is probably better for the first few shots, but I think they equalize after maybe 3 consecutive hits (15% armor pen) when comparing stats and ignoring gold.

Last Whisper is 40 AD + 35% ArPen
Black Cleaver is 55 AD + 10% CDR + 200 HP + 10 flat ArPen + 5% ArPen stacking (up to 25%)

With this build, a single target engagement probably looks like Arcane Shift (magic) → Mystic Shot (physical) → AA (physical) → Essence Flux (magic) → Mystic Shot (physical) → Loop {AA (physical) → AA (physical) → Mystic Shot}
Build Guides:

Humor Guides:

Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 7:25pm | Report
From my understand the first hit would not be affected by the Armor Pen, and the second hit would be (so it would be like Q -> Q+5% -> Q+10%). So it would actually take you 4-6 attacks to really start getting results. That alone should be enough to tell you that it really isn't that good on Ezreal, especially blue build because it's so poke oriented
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 9:11pm | Report
Yeaaah. Ez doesn't have enough AD abilities to justify getting Black Cleaver. I think Last Whisper is just overall a better option, because you'll get the 35% arpen applied immediately, as opposed to over 3-5 seconds. Additionally, LW is cheaper, which means that it'll take less time to get your future items!
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 9:44pm | Report
I always do the same build with Ezreal. I just switch the build order. Keep in mind I play him top and not botlane.

Ionian Boots, BOTRK, Mama mine, Cleaver, LW, Gauntlet. Build is pretty cheap so you get elixirs not too late and with masteries u got like 39 CDR before blue elixir.
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 10:02pm | Report
You're just listing out a suboptimal version of the old blue build o-o

I dun really see how it's special o-o
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2013 10:22pm | Report
-describes as randuin's/frozen heart counter

-doesn't get last whisper

wat

Other than that it's basically just the same blue build everyone and their mother is already using. I'd ditch the hybrid runes though, Ezreal doesn't deal nearly enough magic damage for it to be worth it. Also Dblade start is better than longsword.
DKitten
<Member>
DKitten's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2013 3:19am | Report
Mkay, I can understand going Last Whisper if you get an Elixir of Brilliance. We were assuming that, since Frozen Heart and Randuin's Omen are big-ticket armor items, enemy tanks would have very little other armor sources (30 base + 10 from seals). However, going through top guides for tanky champions, I'm seeing 200 armor at least on the finished builds (I was expecting to see more health items, like Frozen Mallet or Warmog's Armor).

If my partner has any further questions, I'll ask.
Build Guides:

Humor Guides:

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide