Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Liandry's Torment

Creator: ShortyHUN December 2, 2012 7:57pm
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2012 7:17am | Report
Liandry's Torment specifically states "if their movement is impaired" - does this only refer to slows, or will dealing spell damage to a snared or a stunned opponent proc the double damage?
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2012 7:41am | Report
I think that slows inflicted after initial contact do make it double damage since it's a dot, but i'm not sure.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2012 8:26am | Report
Liandra's procs things like Teemo's Q and E (actually not sure about the E) , and R.

Speaking of Teemo...

This item really shines on him, with the new defensive tree used, and built immediately after you have boots and phage. It's just a little boost to damage, as I have no MPen in my masteries (but I do have the 5% AP on AA mastery). Otherwise 9/21/0. Even though the full build I'm using is mostly AD, it still works.

Liandra's hits for double, because of phage's effect (once it procs...always procs once upgraded to Frozen Mallet). The percent damage pretty much only comes from its own AP, of course. And gives a nice little burn. After Liandras built Sword of the Ruined King, and lead into a Runaans but perhaps build some HP / tankiness first. The damage, my friends, is immense.

Build is fairly expensive. Last hit like a bawz.

Okay sorry for going so off topic but I just had to share :)

lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2012 8:39am | Report
I just played against a Brand who built Liandry's, and it was freakin' annoying. Liandry's procs off of Brand's Blaze. And since Blaze has a 4 second burn duration, this means that Liandry's can proc off of all his spells twice. Combined with his Rylai's, he was very, very annoying, and did fairly good damage even though he never got around to building a Deathcap.

Of course, this isn't quite as abusive as Liandry's would be on Cassiopeia, but it is fairly good nonetheless.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
CantaGallo
<Member>
CantaGallo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2012 9:07am | Report
tried on Swain with new dfg and rilay .... simply rocks
Thanks to Lacorpse for sig
check out my crazy guide
hybrid taric solo top

Put a gem in to their face and hit them hard

FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2012 10:19am | Report
CantaGallo wrote:

tried on Swain with new dfg and rilay .... simply rocks

I found it completely lackluster.

In fact, I think this item is getting excessive hype, people have been forcing it in tons of diferent champs and it always feels like another item could've done it better. I mean, I only really tried it on Swain and Rumble, and the difference from Haunting Guise was nearly negligible, this with Rylai already bought. Yet, I've seen a Liandry on pretty much every ap mid I faced and it's not like their damage felt WOAH NERF or even WOAH IT'S STRONGER NOW. Felt more like "dood, get good ap or get dunked".
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2012 11:55am | Report
Same here, if your champ's kit doesn't include an impairing effect already, it's nowhere near a must-buy.
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2012 2:48pm | Report
True damage + 10% hp is pretty nice when you land the Ahri combo, though ^_^

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2012 3:18pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

I found it completely lackluster.

In fact, I think this item is getting excessive hype, people have been forcing it in tons of diferent champs and it always feels like another item could've done it better. I mean, I only really tried it on Swain and Rumble, and the difference from Haunting Guise was nearly negligible, this with Rylai already bought. Yet, I've seen a Liandry on pretty much every ap mid I faced and it's not like their damage felt WOAH NERF or even WOAH IT'S STRONGER NOW. Felt more like "dood, get good ap or get dunked".

I agree, people are vastly overestimating the passive. It's not an OP item or a 'rush every game on every champ' kind of item. In fact the only champ I can really see this being a core item to rush on is Vlad.
Teyso
<Member>
Teyso's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2013 1:31am | Report
I agree, Liandry's Torment is getting too much attention. Honestly, I feel like if people want bonus damage after their spells, they should just get Lich Bane and learn to proc spell-blade between spell-casts. It does a hell of a lot more damage and synergizes better on most champs than Liandry's.
If this comment was helpful, consider +rep-ing me :)

If I reviewed your guide it would be nice of you to review / vote on my Maokai guide, my Dominion guide or my Maokai Dominion Guide. ^_^

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide