Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Questions on AD Carry Itemization

Creator: tehAsian July 31, 2012 11:24pm
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 12:40am | Report
Yeah, against a competent Cait, she will harass you with her longer range. Like Duff said, BT if you're the underdog (in any way, less range, less CS, more deaths), IE if you're stomping.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 5:20am | Report
I go for bt when really stomping and ie if i'm stalemate/behind -i have a quite unusual setup.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 7:54am | Report
I usually only build Doran's when i dont snowball my lane and need it, but if i go back the first time with like 2000 Gold i get a BF asap, thats just me and i know its not the smoothest way to do that i think, im just mediocre with AD-Carry's since they are my worst role.(doesnt me an im bad and miss all last hits or **** like that)

About IE+PD or BT+PD...IE+PD Gives you more damage, BT+PD gives you more sustain, for a non-cc strong team or 1on1 situation's BT+PD is probally stronger, but personally i think in Teamfights u need the dmg first(and without dmg theres not much to lifesteal...) so most of the time i would go with IE+PD.

If u look for a good Livestreamer AD-Carry i would suggest Doublelift, he's the best AD-Carry LoL(except the Doublelifting XP) but then again im not sure if hes even streaming.
WOMBO
<Member>
WOMBO's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 9:11am | Report
Nientonsoh is my favorite high Elo AD streamer, though I don't think he streams anymore.

I never get a third blade, it delays your build too much. PD before IE gives less damage, but it works okay with wriggle's on Kog and Vayne. Also, IE gives the most damage.

I also try to avoid rushing a BF sword without any blades due to no sustain or survivability.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 1:11pm | Report
I'm not a great ADC player, but to me it depends on what i'm playing. If there is an ability like Silver Bolts (i exclude Headshot) i tend to get AS before damage, but never forgetting the latter. This means I'll probably buy B.boots>Zeal>BF Sword>PD>BT, for example.
Otherwise, if it's a burst AD-scaling guy like Graves i get BT first.
Ashe I usually get IE because of passive...

i may be wrong since i hardly read adc build guides. =X

Sig made by Hogopogo
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 2:10pm | Report
I don't understand why people upgrade boots to boots2 so early. They don't provide that much of a stat upgrade for what you're paying. I would always go double dorans or dorans/vamp before upgrading boots.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Arkharan
<Member>
Arkharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 3:29pm | Report
What moon said is relevant, the damage you get from double doran's scales on most AD carry with extra health.

The zerks are fine I guess, but optimal chouce is the double dorans before boots.

For the BT is an awesome item for early game, to be on par with your ennemies / On the other side IE is better in team fights.

So getting BT kind of set you behind for the late game and unless you need it I'd delay it for a while.

Best case scenario:
Early: Boots Doran's Blade Doran's Blade Berserker's Greaves Vampiric Scepter (can be skipped)
Mid game: Infinity Edge Zeal
Late game: More Damage Phantom Dancer
They have a lot of armor Last Whisper
Keep dying? Guardian Angel Quicksilver Sash

ty xaiolu for the sign :3
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 3:43pm | Report
The 25 attack speed and the enhanced movement are the factors of whether you will be able to chase to get a kill, or run. The 100 extra health and 10 damage will not save you during a gank. The quicker you get boots over your opponents (including the jungler), the safer you will be in lane.

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Arkharan
<Member>
Arkharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 3:59pm | Report
#1 I never chase for kills, at best if they want to comeback they can come and die, they're welcome.
#2 you have to be able to read your ennemies sometimes most of the time, not always I'm winning my lanes so I know that the ennemy is pretty defensive, as soon as I see that they become aggro, I'm out. On top of that most of the best AD carry got many ways to escape and that's without supports.
Valkyrie
Quickdraw
90 Caliber Net
Arcane Shift
Enchanted Crystal Arrow
Rocket Jump
Kog Maw + Urgot would be the most used AD carry without any good escape.

I'm ready to sacrifice just a little bit movement speed to perform better in my lane and take the risk to get ganked, without saying that I have wards, summoners, escape possibilities. And that with the ganks cc I'll probably get killed anyway with that little bit extra MS.
But I'm not discuss preferences, since we all have our play styles, I was just expressing what works the best for me and I'm an AD carry player.

ty xaiolu for the sign :3
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 4:15pm | Report
It's funny because my favourite AD Carries don't actually have natural escape mechanisms (you can't call Ashe's ECA an EM, especially as most ganks occur at level 2), such as Ashe, Miss Fortune and to an extent, Caitlyn (who does have an "escape" but not necessarily as useful as Valkyrie). I imagine I rush BGs on them because I feel I need to have the extra MS ^^

♡ sig unintentional collab with Jovy and me ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide