Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Why do people think cho is a tank?

Creator: mastajdog October 9, 2011 6:19pm
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 2:13pm | Report
JunSupport wrote:

And unlike you, some of us pay attention to the top ranks. We don't worship them mindlessly; we study them - (Yup, we "study." Totally nerdy, but it helps us understand the game)

---

Don't forget Frozen Heart's AS debuff aura.
This is exactly why Warmog's Armor is not a good item if you want to do REALLY WELL.

It lacks utility. You do not NEED that much bonus health and regen.
It's not something pertinent to your goals - It just makes you feel nice. "hue hue, I are bulky void monster that cannot be killed" =/= "hue hue, I are bulky void monster that helps win games"

Okay, you don't know anything about me, so don't talk about what I do or do not do as if you do know something about me. I probably watch more high Elo stream than three of you combined, and pay attention to what the high Elo players do with their builds to boot.

Unlike you- I form my own opinion instead of blindly accepting theirs- or did I over step my boundary of plausible knowledge and speak ignorantly for you in my assumption there? Hmmm. Maybe you should think before you speak.

What Warmogg's does, is allow you to build bigger better resistance items in the places where you would have had to build weaker ones with HP.

Where you take Banshee's, I take FoN. That's part of what you take Warmogg's for. The end result is a better tank, more HP, more resistances, I will do my job better than you could.

You're not playing against very threatening opponents if you think you don't need 4k HP with comfortably over 150 armor and MR. Being a bulky void monster that cannot be killed is ironically -exactly- what you need to be to help win your games.

Thanks for making your obvious lack of understanding of the champion apparent in your posts, Jun.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 2:29pm | Report
lol.

You just tried to contradict my post with my own words.

1. You claim you're not stealing people's theories and opinions, and accusing me of such.

-I already stated that I don't mindlessly following other's theories. I USE them as ingredients to my own theories.

2. You state you can build higher-resistances - But you end up pointing to a resistance > health situation when we're already saying excess health isn't necessary.

All of us here, against you, already buy FoN on Cho'Gath - You're obviously not even reading out posts - You're just a try-hard trying to be the loudest in the thread.

I do play against threatening champions, and so do the higher-elo people I've watched play.

We, and better players, don't take Warmogs, not because they build LESS resistances, but because there are BETTER sources of HP.

Where you build FoN, we already build FoN - Not BV
Where you build Frozen heart, we already build frozen heart
Where you build Warmogs - We build Randuin's, or Banshee's Veil - (ON TOP of FH or FoN)

You can't say "When you take BV, I take FoN" - We can take FoN AND Banshee's Veil. Because we don't take Warmogs, we have the options to build more resistances AND health.

Health WITH other stats > Raw Health

We build just as much Armor and Magic Resist AND have more utility - You have more health.

It's been proven time and time again that utility is better in the majority of high-elo scenarios.

Thanks for showing you're not even capable of properly understanding what we're posting.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 2:36pm | Report
I understood everything you've posted.

So your build is RoA, BV, FH, Randuin's, FoN then?
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 3:39pm | Report
I don't build BV that early (if I were to build it at all) - lol

Standard Cho build - RoA, FoN, Frozen Heart, (and boots), and the other two being counter-pick.

Clearly, you don't understand.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 3:41pm | Report
Right. Of course I don't understand. Since you know what's going through my head.

I'm not listing a build order Jun, just items you may or may not buy in a game.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 3:44pm | Report
Don't need to know what's going through your head to understand what you're thinking from what you post.

Your reponse posts contradict what I post - I didn't make any typos or misposts - Simplest interpretation is you didn't properly understand my post, or you're not receiving the actual concept

This isn't even a discussion worth furthering anymore.

All evidence - High elo, low elo, personal experience, community experience - points to [{Warmog's Armor]] not being optimal.

You know who would find Warmog's Armor optimal? Rammus
Why? Defensive Ball Curl - He gets TONS of resistances, making him the polar opposite to Cho who has TONS of HP with Feast
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 3:56pm | Report
Or you're just not capable of understanding that the end result of having 250 armor and 3k HP is that HP is now the more effective way to increase survivability.

However you wanna look at it.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 4:25pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

So your build is RoA, BV, FH, Randuin's, FoN then?

My optimal build would be (in no particular order): RoA, Merc, FH, FoN, Abyssal, GA/Sunfire.
(when counting with GA)That's a 3660HP, 260armor and 240MR. Bulky enough by any standard.

They also make for a bonus of 150 raw damage on your Rupture and 105 on Feral Scream and that's not even counting the MR reduction from Abyssal.
And then there's the 105 more TRUE DAMAGE on Feast. I'd call that pretty useful >:3
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 4:32pm | Report
^ Exactly what I use on Cho. :P
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2011 4:35pm | Report
Yeah that's not a bad build.

Is that 3660 considering your feast stacks?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide