While MSI 2023 matches are being played in London, changes for the Midseason are already on their way. And just after patch 13.9 brought the amazing Neeko Midscope Update, the upcoming patch is going to make huge strides with the New LoL Items.
Changes to Items
Every year or so Riot makes massive updates to the item system, to hopefully balance classes, or to improve champion itemizations.
Midseason is not going to be the exception to the norm, most items are going to get massive improvements such as Guinsoo's Rageblade getting magic damage again, and a few others losing passives like, for instance, Bloodthirster losing its shield (with a new passive replacing it). Without further ado, let's start with the changes.
Disclaimer: The Item changes are currently on PBE, most of the descriptions found here may not make it to live servers. Still, these are good indicators of upcoming changes for the LoL Season 13 Midseason.
UPDATE: Recent Changes on PBE
- Shurelya active MS reverted from 35% to 30%
- Echoes of Helia heal reduced from 40 - 120 to 20 - 100.Damage reduced from 40 - 210 to 30 - 200
- Moonstone Renewer shield reduced from 30 - 50% to 30 - 40%. -5% for same target.
ADC Item changes
Let's start first with changes to ADC Items. Immortal Shieldbow and Kraken Slayer stop being Mythic items. Instead, the items will be replaced by Infinity Edge, Navori Quickblades, and Guinsoo's Rageblade.
- Attack damage reduced to 55. Attack speed (ASPD) down to 15%. New stat: Grants 7% movespeed.
CHANGED Active - Cloudburst: Dash in a target direction, firing three missiles at the lowest Health enemy near your destination, prioritizing champions. Deals a total of 150-350 +250 physical damage, increased against low Health targets by up to 60% (90s).
New Components: B.F. Sword + Zeal + Long Sword + 700 Gold = 3400 Gold.
Infinity Edge (Mythic)
- NEW: Now a Mythic Item.
- No longer requires 40% critical strike chance for extra critical strike damage - Grants Perfection Passive.
Mythic Passive - Grants all other Legendary items 5 attack damage.
Navori Quickblades (Mythic)
- It's now a Mythic Item. No longer needs 40% critical strike chance to grant Transcendence passive.
Mythic passive: Empowers other Legendary items with 5 ability haste.
Guinsoo's Rageblade (Mythic)
- NEW: Now a Mythic Item.
- Cost increased from 2600 Gold to 3200.
- Now grants 30 attack damage, 30 ability power, and 25% attack speed.
NEW Wrath passive: Basic attacks deal 30 bonus magic damage on-hit, increased by 2 per 1% critical strike chance, up to a maximum of 200.
NEW SEETHING STRIKE: Basic attacks grant 8% bonus attack speed per stack, stacking up to 4 times for a total of 32% bonus attack speed. At maximum stacks, basic attacks on-attack grant a Phantom stack for 6 seconds, up to 2 stacks.
Mythic Passive - Grants all other Legendary with 5% armor penetration and 6% armor penetration.
New Components: Amplifying Tome + Rageknife + Pickaxe + 690 Gold = 3200 Gold.
Legendary, Components and Zeal Items changes - LoL Midseason ADC Item Changes
To start it off, Immortal Shieldbow and Kraken Slayer now are legendaries so pricing and stats are being lowered. Bloodthirster is getting its shield removed, and Zeal items such as Rapidfire Cannon are getting tweaks/nerfs.
Kraken Slayer (Legendary)
- Cost is down to 3000 Gold from 3400. Has less 40 attack damage and attack speed buffed to 30% attack speed.
- No more true damage in its passive, now scales with both AD and Magic damage. New Components: Noonquiver + Cloak of Agility + Recurve Bow + 400 Gold = 3000 Gold.
Immortal Shieldbow (Legendary)
- Cost is down to 3000 Gold from 3400. No more attack speed. Passive shield numbers reduced to 215-500, new passive grants 30% attack speed.
- New Components: Pickaxe + Cloak of Agility + Vampiric Scepter + 625 Gold = 3000 Gold.
Hearthbound Axe (Component)
- Cost reduced from 1000 to 800. attack Damage reduced to 10 from 15.
Recurve Bow (Component)
- Cost going down to 700 Gold from 1000. New Components: Dagger + 400 Gold. Gives less attack speed 25% to 15%.
- Changes to passive: Basic attacks deal 15 bonus magic damage on-hit.
- Cost going up from 800 Gold to 1200.
- New effect for Wrath's Passive: Basic attack deal 20 bonus magic damage on-hit.
Kircheis Shard (Component)
- Now it gives 15 attack damage instead of attack speed. Damage is down, from 80 bonus magic damage to 60 magic damage.
- Attack speed down by 3%, and Movement speed reduced by 4%.
- Cost is increased from 2500 Gold to 3000. Now gives 30 attack damage. Attack Speed is reduced to 15% attack speed.
- Energized attack changed, it now applies 40-140 bonus magic damage.
Statikk Shiv is coming back
- Cost is 3000. Stats: 45 Attack Damage , 25% Attack Speed, 20% Critical Strike Chance.
- Energized: Moving and Attacking will generate an Energized Attack. Electroshock: Your Energized Attack fires chain lightning that applies 60-170 +50% bonus magic damage, increased to 120-340 +100% against minions. Hits 6-12 targets.
- Components: Noonquiver + Cloack of Agility + Kircheis Shard + 400 Gold = 3000 Gold.
- Cost is increased from 2700 Gold to 3000. 10 more Attack damage.
Passive BOLT Changes: When fully Energized, your next basic attack deals 25(+65% AD)(+50% AP) bonus magic damage, and grants 45% bonus movement speed for 1 second. Previous slow got removed.
- Cost is increased from 2600 Gold to 2800, and it gives less attack speed from 45% to 40%. The huge news, is that it will now grant 30 magic damage on-hit. Something very big taking into account the changes to Guinso's Rageblade.
- Cost is going up to 2800 Gold from 2600. Increased Attack Speed from 25% to 30%. New components: Hearthbound Axe + Zeal + Long Sword + 950 Gold = 2800 Gold.
- Increased Life Steal from 15% to 18%. Removed shield unique passive. New passive Engorge: While above 50% Health, gain an additional 10-40 Attack Damage.
Lord Dominik's Regards
New Effect - Giant Slayer: Now deals 0-25% (based on maximum health difference) magic damage against champions with greater maximum health than you.
- Attack damage increased to 40 from 35.
Fighter Items changes
- Mythic passive bonus health increased to 75 from 50.
- Attack damage increased to 60 from 50. Bonus movement speed duration increased to 3 seconds from 2.
- Attack damage increased to 60 from 50. Bonus movement speed increased to 5% from 0%.
- Cost going down from 3333 Gold to 3133. More attack damage from 35 to 30, and attack speed from 30% to 35%. Threefold strike changes to damage. The rest is the same.
- Spellblade AD ratio increased to 160% base AD from 125%.
- Spellblade health ratio reduced to Melee 4% / Ranged 2% of target's maximum health from Melee 6% / Ranged 3%.
- New effect: Now grants 25% increased size, and 30% tenacity for 8 seconds after Lifeline is triggered.
- Lifeline duration reduced to 2.5 seconds from 3.
Maw of Malmortius
- Cost is reduced to 2800 Gold from 2900. Lifeline duration reduced to 2.5 seconds from 3.
- Lifeline cooldown increased to 90 seconds from 75.
- NEW EFFECT: Life steal now lasts until the end of combat.
- Magic resistance increased to 50 from 40.
- Cost lowered from 1300 Gold to 1100. New components: Amplifying Tome + Sapphire Crystal + 315 Gold = 1100 Gold.
- Magical Opus ability power increased to 40% from 35%.
Assassin Items Changes
Prowler's Claw (Legendary)
- Cost reduced from 3100 Gold to 3000.
- Changes to Unique Active Sandstrike: No more dash, now empowers autoattacks after using a dash or bling, or exiting from stealth.
- More damage for Melees, less damage to Ranged.
- Now Melee slows the target by 99% for 0.5 seconds.
Duskblade of Draktharr
- New effect: Your abilities deal 0%-15% (based on target's missing health) increased damage.
- Scoring a takedown against an enemy champion within 3 seconds them renders you untargetable by non-structures for 1.5 seconds, which ends prematurely if you perform an action that breaks stealth (10 second cooldown).
Youmuu's Ghostblade (Mythic)
- Cost increased to 3100.
- Attack damage increased from 55 to 60.
- Ability haste increased to 20 from 15.
New Active - Wraith Step: Gain 20% bonus movement speed and ghosting for 6 seconds (45 second cooldown). While active, generate the Spectral Shards from Haunt's passive twice as fast.
Passive - Haunt: While moving, generate 1 Spectral Shard for every 45 units travelled. Gain 1 bonus movement speed out-of-combat for every 2 Spectral Shards, up to 50 bonus movement speed with 100 Spectral Shards, at which you also gain 10 − 20 (based on level) lethality. Dealing damage to an enemy champion causes Spectral Shards to reset after 4 seconds.
Mythic Passive: Empowers other Legendary items with 8 bonus attack damage.
Radiant Virtue (Legendary)
- Cost reduced from 3200 Gold to 2700.
- Now grants 350 health and 10 ability haste.
- GUIDING LIGHT passive after casting your ultimate it now grants 12.5% Maximum health instead of previous 15%, the passive healing increases from 3% to 3.3%.
Force of Nature
- Cost increased from 2900 Gold to 3000.
- Health increased to 400 from 450.
- Gives less magic resistance - From 70 to 60.
- Absorb maximum stacks increased to 10 from 6.
- NEW EFFECT: Dissipate now grants 30 bonus magic resistance, instead of granting 25% magic damage reduction.
- Cost is reduced to 2400 Gold from 3000.
- Gives more magic resistance from 40 to 60.
- NEW Grants 10 Ability Haste.
- Restore mana passive is removed, and HP is going down from 550 to 300.
- Build path is changed.
- REMOVED: Everlasting no longer consumes 3% current mana to activate the shield.
Support Item changes
The support role is also having a few set of changes for Midseason 2023. There's an addition of one new mythic and two support Item components: Echoes of Helia (Mythic), Lifewell Pendant, and Chalice of Blessing. Imperial Mandate now demotes to Legendary. And changes to most components of Support Legendary/Mythics along with changes to numbers.
New Support Items for LoL Midseason 2023
Lifewell Pendant (Component)
- Price: 1050.
- 150 Health.
- 20 Armor.
- 100% Base Health Regen.
- Builds into Zeke's Herald, Knight's Vow, Locket and Evenshroud.
- Recipe: Ruby Crystal + Cloth Armor.
'Even long-past lives bring growth'.
Chalice of Blessing (Component)
- Price: 950.
- 200 Health.
- 75% Base Mana Regen.
- Harmony: Gain 25% Base Health Regeneration for every additional 25% Base Mana Regeneration.
- Builds into Redemption, Mikael's and Echoes of Helia.
'These blessed waters still carry their power to the worthy'
Locket of the IronSolaris
- Price reduced from 2500 to 2300.
- New Recipe: Lifewell Penant + Null-Magic Mantle + 800 gold.
- No longer grants haste. Shield increased to 200-360.
- Total cost is going down from 2400 to 2200. It now gives higher HP from 250 to 350, and 125% Base health regen. On the other hand, the item does not give mana anymore and the armor is going down from 35 to 25.
- Now it's cheaper, going from 2300 to 2200, has lower HP from 400 to 350, and Base health regen lowered from 200% to 125%.
- Grants HP instead of MR, lower heal and shield power, higher mana regen and no longer has haste.
- No longer grants haste.
- Now has 350 HP and 125% mana regen.
- Intervention active: Better healing and shield power.
- New Unique Passive / Harmony: Gain 25% base health regeneration for ever additional 25% base mana regeneration (Good for Soraka?).
- Cost reduced from 2500 Gold to 2300.
- Ability power reduced to 35 from 40.
- Motivate bonus movement reduced to 20%.
Staff of Flowing Water
- Reduced cost to 2100 Gold from 2300.
- Recipe changed.
- Less ability power -35 , 75% base mana regeneration, 5% movement speed.
- PASSIVE Rapids buffed - Now grants 35-55 ability power from 25-45.
- Cost reduced to 2100 Gold from 2300.
- Ability power reduced from 60 to 35.
- Now grants 5% movement speed.
- Sanctify Passive grants more bonus attack speed at early, and bonus magic damage on-hit on basic attacks.
- Cost reduced to 2100 Gold from 2300.
- Ability power reduced to 35 from 40.
- Base mana regeneration reduced to 75% from 100%.
- Heal and shield power increased to 10% from 8%.
Changes to Watchful Wardstone and Vigilant Wardstone
Last, but not least, changes to Watchful and Vigilant Wardstone.
- Added 50% Base Mana Regen.
- New passive Blessing of Ixtal: Grants a 8% increase to Ability power, Ability Haste, bonus Attack damage, and bonus Health.
- No longer turns into Vigilant Wardstone after completing the quest (1000 gold generated).
- Price going up from 1100 to 2300. Has 100 more health. 5 less ability power.
- NEW Chosen of Ixtal passive: Increases bonus attack damage, bonus health, ability and ability haste by 20%.
- Removed unique passive BEHOLD.
For more insight on the reasoning for these changes, check this tweet thread from Scazzaf.