This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
[ARAM] Tryndamere Assassin Nuker
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
- Bloodlust is for increasing AD and healing.
Should always be used with at least with 50 Fury or when idle for long periods of time.
- Mocking Shout is for lowering the enemy AD, and lowering their movement speed if their back is turned toward Tryndamere.
If the enemy is engaging, cast it to reduce their AD.
If the enemy is retreating, cast it slow them down.
If an enemy is about to die, cast it to obtain the assist.
- Spinning Slash is use to dash while inflicting damage on any enemy along the way.
Use it as a movement ability, not as a damaging ability, except when dealing with minions.
- Undying Rage makes Tryndamere impossible to kill for a moment.
Don't wait until his lifebar is very low, best to use it little too soon than too late, which means never.
if ever building some damage reduction with Armor and Magic Resist becomes viable.
is for resisting early damage.
is not wasted on Tryndamere since he has a high base Health.
is put to good use by the use of Mocking Shout for extra damage reduction, even against magic damage.
is just in case.
- Second Wind is useful if Tryndamere survives a teamfight at low health so he can quickly regenerate through Lifesteal and with Bloodlust.
is put to its full usefulness since in ARAM its all about teamfights.
since it is very likely the enemy team will use crowd-control against him to prevent him from unleashing his huge damage output.
- Remaining Masteries points goes to Fleet of Foot for pursuing enemies.
- Avarice Blade is for Gold, Critical Chance which builds Fury faster, and it because builds into useful items for Tryndamere.
- Relic Shield is for fast killing minions, which builds Fury faster, extra sustain and Gold for the team. Upgrade to Targon's Brace for even more Gold and sustain. It is only a temporary item, so it should be replaced if the game drags on. By that point, the Gold bonus should be greater than the purchase cost.
- Rejuvenation Bead is for sustain, and because it will build the Ravenous Hydra.
- Ravenous Hydra for Lifesteal and Burst Damage.
- Statikk Shiv for Critical Chance and Burst Damage. Can be replace by Phantom Dancer if Critical Chance and Attack Speed are preferred.
- Infinity Edge for damage and Critical Chance.
- Boots of Swiftness if there is a lot of slow on the enemy team.
- Mercury's Treads if there is a lot of AP and crowd-control on the enemy team.
- Ninja Tabi if there is a lot of AD and auto-attackers on the enemy team.
- Berserker's Greaves is the default choice for inflicting more damage and gathering Fury, or if countering is not the chosen strategy or if the enemy team is balanced on every aspect mentioned above.
- Enchantment: Furor for extra speed after auto-attacking.
- Enchantment: Alacrity for flat movement speed.
- Enchantment: Distortion if summoner spells Flash and/or Ghost are used often.
Counter and Substitution Items
- The Lightbringer to counter stealth, the +30% Critical Strike Chance bonus enables Tryndamere to reach +65% Critical Strike Chance at full Fury, thus inflicting bleeding damage easily.
- Blade of the Ruined King to counter high Health enemy champions, or if a second Life-Steal item is required.
- Last Whisper is only to counter very high Armor Champions with items like Frozen Heart or Thornmail.
- Maw of Malmortius to counter teams with a lot of AP. The bonus attack with decreasing Health is exploited to its fullest with Tryndamere's Undying Rage.
- Mercurial Scimitar to counter teams with a lot of AP and crowd control. The active can be used as a substitute for Cleanse.
- Youmuu's Ghostblade gives stats all useful for Tryndamere. The active can be used as a substitute for Ghost in conjunction with Phantom Dancer.
- Banshee's Veil is same as Mercurial Scimitar, but more focused on defense, cheaper and easier to use.
- Black Cleaver provides useful stats. Should only be built if there are AD allies that can benefit from the Armor Reduction. Can be used in conjunction with The Lightbringer for faster and longer Armor reduction.
- Zephyr if crowd-control is a problem and Mercury's Treads are not purchased.
- Zeke's Herald if there are several AD poke on ally team, so Tryndamere won't need to throw teamfights.
- Trinity Force provides useful stats and a burst through the first auto-attack after casting spell. The AP is not wasted since increase the healing of Bloodlust and the damage of Spinning Slash. Also good for pursuing fleeing enemies.
- Entropy is similar to Trinity Force, but more focused on attack damage and pursuing with the active.
Example Build Order
After level 6, attempts to score kills can be made. However, never initiate a teamfight without Undying Rage ready. Nevertheless, priority should go on killing minions to push, and destroy towers to secure a comfortable advance. Chase to shoo away then go back to kill minions, not chase to score kills and risk getting killed and feed the enemy team.
Always keep in check the numbers of alive champions to know if it safe to push with a low number of teammates.
If the numbers of alive enemy champions with high health is higher than those of the ally team, DO NOT TAKE UNNECESSARY RISKS.