This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Irelia - Avatar of Khaine
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Choose Champion Build:
Hello all , i give you my irelia builds :
The first one (left portrait of Irelia) is the most common build for irelia , it will focus on carry ing as an AD melee bulky champion , you will need to solo top in order to get proper farming and use your strong 1v1 abilities .
All the guide will be about this one except for the jungling section
The second one (right portrait of Irelia) is for jungling , it show you all the basics setup for jungling .
Its less used and less viable , because of the setup you will use an AS build with on-hit effects .
Im not native english speaker so my apologies for the far-from-perfect language .
Greater quintessence of desolationGreater Quintessence of Desolation : Same than marks , I prefer it over HP one's because Veteran Scars is enought .
Greater Seal of Resilience : Armor for increased survivability , this runes can be changed for any other runes you prefer like Greater Seal of Evasion .
Greater Glyph of Warding : more MR to help you stay alive , same than armor you can use whatever you prefer if you dont like it , like Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction .
- Archaic knowledge give you nice increased damage for your Transcendent Blades and Equilibrium Strike , in term of numbers on an AD carry with Banshee's Veil this mastery give you 12 spell penetration .
- Damage reduction from defensive for lane presence and survivability .
- Improved ghost / teleport from utility .
Feel free to use your own masteries if your fine with it like a 0/9/21 , there is many possible choice for Irelia regarding masteries they all give strong bonuses just choose whatever you need the most .
For lvl 1-5 , early Hiten Style give really nice lane presence with the healing component and damage output so I skill up at low lvl with at least 1 skill point in Bladesurge and Equilibrium Strike for last hit and harassment .
You need to reconsider the lvl 1-5 skill order every game , for example if the enemy barely harass you 2 or even 1 skill point into Hiten Style is enought .
After level 6 , there is 2 option :
- Maxing Bladesurge for some extra damage and most important a very low cd (~4 sec at rank 5 with the cdr) muting your charge into a low cd AD nuke .
- Maxing Equilibrium Strike for increased slow/stun duration and more magical damage .
Ghost is mandatory on irelia , allow you to get in Bladesurge range or just escape .
Teleport is a great summoner spells when you are solo top , allow you to counter gank at bot during lane phase or defend from backdoor late game .
Can be used in place of Teleport:
- Flash : same use than ghost .
- Exhaust / Ignite : help getting kills , make sure your team have enought exhaust and ignite and if not pick these .
- Cleanse : greatly help with game changing CC like Amumu ultimate or a comp with a lot of "knocked in the air" .
- Clairvoyance : If no one carry it (very often in low ELO / normal game) you can choose to do so .
Dont be afraid to pick early Cloth Armor , Null-Magic Mantle or even Chain Vest/ Negatron Cloak to help you stay alive in lane , it always better to finish your build a bit later than to feed a vladimir :)
- Doran's Shield give you armor health and health regen for nice tankiness early game but you will lack mana regen and potions .
- Cloth Armor allow you to complete Wriggle's Lantern faster and have a lot of healing via 5 pots but you will miss the stats of the shield and you still lack of mana regen .
- Regrowth Pendant into Philosopher's stone give you amazing life&mana regen for endless laning but you will be a little less resilient and it slow your build a bit .
This core build is expensive , thats why you need to solo lane and farm like a beast .
- Mercury's Treads : Give nice CC reduction , build Ionian Boots of Lucidity instead if no cc are affected by it .
- Trinity Force : great item because you can proc it everytime it come off CD , build Sheen first and then Zeal for movement speed .
- Wriggle's Lantern : free Sight ward , amazing amount of life steal armor and AD for the price and help with dragon/baron .
- Spirit Visage : nice CDR , health and MR and amazing passive for great healing via Transcendent Blades , build it before finish Trinity Force if you need more tankiness .
I dont build early brutalizer because I think you need too much the movement speed from trinity but if you dont have issue with it just build it along with Sheen for nice early game damage .
: for me the best defensive item , will make you hard to kill due to your 2 nd life when your death can mean defeat .
You can also choose to build it earlier , along with Spirit Visage for example , for more tankiness .
: when you got full inventory you can sell your Wriggle's Lantern to buy this beauty :) but make sure warding is done by team mates .
: With the recent buff it became a second Hexdrinker , great item if your looking for both damage and increased survivability againts magic damage .
: Champion like Vladimir , Mordekaiser , Warwick or Malzahar ruin your life? pick this item and you will be able to make their so deadly ultimate useless .
: With the last buff this is a nice item for both the defensive stats and the slow .
For heavy armor Thornmail is also an option , I dont like Frozen Heart because you have enought CDR/mana with this build
: Mages are out of control ? pick this or Banshee's Veil