Twitch Build Guide by SubSequence
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
+10% Attack Speed
+9 Adaptive (5.4 AD or 9 AP)
Threats & Synergies
If he can get you against a wall, you're donezo buddo. If you can kite, you gottim, Jim.
Play around him, if he's in a teamfight, hang in the far back and stealth after he goes in, jump the backline and assassinate the other carries before he can get to you.
I don't know if it's just me, but most Shyvana's in my games really like chilling in my Jungle. Glacial Augment makes it so you can't run away, and she's so fast.
6,723 health and more damage than you, not a fun time. Harder match up.
This is kind of just an Assassin vs Assassin match up. Chances are, you can get more fed, you WILL be sitting in lanes more than him and you can farm faster than him after you get Serrated Dirk.
Tedious to play around, overall the match up isn't too hard. Stay out of his Curse range and you should be able to peck him town while your team tanks.
She's not much a threat to you as she is your lanes. Her kit allows her to revisit more with a 4 second cooldown invisibility and insane health regeneration.
Conqueror makes this not as much of a threat.
Early game, he's easy to play around. You do more damage before Items are built than he does. If he goes Predator, you might have trouble, or at least your lanes.
She is easily on the list of champions that transitioned from bruiser to assassin this patch.
Why did I just get 1 shot at level 2?
Both early game assassins that turn into team fighting monsters. As long as you don't get caught out, you'll be fine.
Dodge the Mystic Shot and you'll be fine. He does out-DPS you but if you aren't getting smacked by his Q, you'll come out on top.
More mobility than you and the ability to dodge all of your damage make him annoying, but as long as you avoid him early game and wait for him to go in and pop his E.
Having ways to easily CC the enemy early is great, [[Pyroclasm]] in team fights has astounding synergy with [[Spray and Pray]].
This is what my Duo partner plays. Has a ton of burst damage and pretty reliable Crowd Control, making ganks super easy, and the team fighting is great.
It's about time I had an update. I branched off for a while, thinking that Twitch jungle was dead, until I found that taking Electrocute made up a lot of missing damage.
So much for weekly updates! Update rolling out on December 1, 2017
Thank you for your patience!
Welcome to Pre-Season 8!
- Updated for Patch 7.16
- Added an Item Explanation for Duskblade of Draktharr
- Will be rolling out updates weekly!
- Mastery update coming soon, featuring our friend Stormraider's Surge .
- Added link to Xayah Jungle guide in introduction
- Updated title to match new Summoner Name
- Updated the Items section a little bit (Finally)
- Removed AP Section.
- Changed Items
- Changed Build
- Changed Runes
- Changed Masteries
- Changed "Invade" Section
- Added "Pure Confidence" Build section.
- Added "Pure Confidence, the AP Snowball" Section.
- Fixed a bunch of typos.
- Added Stream link to intro
- Added Teammate Synergies to Ganking Tips
- Added "Which Smite should I buy?" Section
- Added "Situational Items" section. Will go in-depth on those in a later update.
- Ganking section added, will be improved on in a future update.
- Invading/Jungle Matchup section added, will be updated later.
- Items Updated. Again.
- Removed Redundant Strength/Weakness section.
- Added Ability Sequence section.
- Updated for Season 7!
- Updated Masteries, Items, Runes, as well as better Item Explanation.
- Jungle Twitch Hype!
- Updated Items. Explanations will be posted later.
- Masteries updated.
- Removed Blade of the Ruined King from Core Items, replaced with Runaan's Hurricane
- Added Weaknesses section.
- Added Pros/Cons section.
- Added to Team Fight section.
- Removed Duskblade of Draktharr, Skirmisher's Sabre - Warrior, Zz'Rot Portal, Phantom Dancer from Build.
- Added The Bloodthirster, Stalker's Blade - Devourer, Guardian Angel, Lord Dominik's Regards to build.
- Rune changes to be more efficient in the early game.
- Fixed ability scaling.
- Changes to the Items descriptions in the Items section.
- Added 'Shoes and Enchants' section to Item list.
The first off-meta jungler I played was Twitch back in Season 4, right after the Visual Update, so he's always gonna hold a special place on my roster and, honestly, he is a load of fun to play!
This guide is pretty much inspired by Aqua Dragon 33, who pretty much gave me the confidence to go out and do off-meta picks. Shout out to Jay, check out his stream, he's a great player and a really nice guy. Go give him some love!
AquaDragon's MobaFire Guides
Also, a smaller shout out to Rat IRL, who helped with a few pointers on this guide as well. He may have given a little sarcasm and deleted me after my mini-interview, but it was still helpful. Love!
I also have started to right another guide for Xayah Jungle! Be sure to check it out, I'm updating it as I go along.
Triumph: This is an amazing rune. Being able to return 15% of your missing health as well as give you bonus gold on a kill help you stay healthy and team fights and get your self a little extra gold in the early game.
Legend: Alacrity: I just like this more on a Marksman than the other two to be honest.
Coup de Grace: This helps with executing on your Contaminate and really helps Twitch turn into an Assassin.
Sudden Impact: When you can enter stealth for as long as you can with Twitch, this is an astounding rune for early pressure.
Ravenous Hunter: The healing from this rune gets to be pretty crazy, healing from Spray and Pray damage and Conqueror tends to get out of hand in the mid and late game, especially when combined with Blade of the Ruined King.
- Enchantment: Warrior: With the changes to Contaminate back in Patch 8.13, you get much more damage from Warrior than Bloodrazor and overall makes for a better item in most of the scenarios I've been in so far.
- Berserker's Greaves: With the removal of Bloodrazor from the core build, the attack speed granted by these boots is more valuable.
- Mercurial Scimitar: This item is just nearly perfect defense to CC, even if you take the damage the abilities dealt to you, you get a decent amount of Life Steal . Not to mention the fairly high amount of damage you get from this, being a defensive item.
- Blade of the Ruined King: Very Strong item on Twitch, one of the best Items, next to Runaan's Hurricane.
- Runaan's Hurricane: This is possibly my favorite item for Twitch, either making him a monster in team fights when ahead, or an extremely efficient split pusher when the team needs pressure, this item never fails me for efficiency. The synergy with Spray and Pray is key, making quick work in teamfights, or even cutting off and catching out multiple enemies that thought they escaped.
- Farsight Alteration: This trinket is possibly the best trinket for Ranged champions, assassins, split pushers, all the like. Being able to scope out bushes, objectives, lanes, etc. The item is just good. If nobody on your team has built it yet, definitely build it yourself. Vision wins games.
- Oracle's Lens: Much like providing vision, denying vision is just as good and helpful for your team. Its also a counter to invisible champs, its just a very helpful item for you and your team.
- Guardian Angel: I shouldn't have to explain this. Guardian Angel saves lives, literally.
For Level 2 Gank:
Red Buff -> Gank -> Blue Buff -> Gank -> Farm
Not suitable laners for Level 2 Gank:
Top-Side Buff -> Enemy Top-Side Buff ( Smite) -> Gank from behind if your team is pushed in / Fight enemy jungler.
Neither of the above apply to your game or are learning Twitch Jungle? Then simply do this clear
Bottom-Side Buff -> Wolf Camp -> Top-Side Buff ( Smite) -> Look for gank.
Twitch's jungle route is pretty basic.
Enchantment: Warrior > Blade of the Ruined King > Berserker's Greaves > Runaan's Hurricane
After Warrior, you should be able to do insane amounts of damage. Building BotRK will make your early game even stronger, it makes you do way too much damage in the early game when combined with Sudden Impact. I've found going Razor - Blade of the Ruined King - Hurricane - Infinity Edge - Statikk as the offensive Items is the most efficient build path.
Level 2 Gank
(Red Buff Start)
The reason you don't get your Venom Cask at level 2 when you go in for your gank is because you're already going to have the slow from your Red Buff, making it redundant, plus, the burst you get off from Contaminate is insane at level 2. You pretty much guarantee either First Blood or at least the Flash of the enemy laner.
Level 2 Gank
(Red Side Blue Buff Start)
This is the alternative start for ganking bot lane when starting on the Red Side of the map. If you have a support with good Level 1 CC, you can combine Venom Cask with whatever CC to keep the bot lane closer to your team. Much more likely to burn Heal than anything, but it still makes a returning gank much more simple.
- Approaching from the sidelines in a way that you can easily clear out the enemy back line with 3 or 4 auto attacks is key for running assassin Twitch. Remember that Duskblade will only proc on the first target hit by your enhanced Spray and Pray auto attacks.
- Wait for a hard initiation, don't ult instantly just because someone gets hit with an ability, or hooked by someone. If they initiate on your team, use your ult to peck the back line as your tanks defend you from their tanks.
- Don't forget the reset! Your Ambush resets if somebody dies while affected by your Deadly Venom! Use this for re-engages, escapes, or chases!
- Try to line your empowered auto attacks up with their team, hitting as many targets as possible!
Your gank path is:
Red Side Gank
Blue Side Gank
Generally when you gank you either want to be coming behind the enemy lanes, usually from behind tower, with the exception of ganking Red-Side bottom, and Blue-Side Top, UNLESS your lane is pushed up.
Generally, anytime you can have a teammate with some sort of snare or high damage output, its gonna be good for you. Here are a couple examples of champions that have the most potential to start a snowball for either them or yourself.
- Jhin: Ganking for a Jihn is amazingly easy. You walk up, throw your Venom Cask, he uses Deadly Flourish, plus any CC your Support might have. Makes it crazy to snowball either yourself or Jihn.
- Cassiopeia: Your poison counts for her Twin Fang bonuses, so after you drop the slow, she can start spamming it on them. Her Miasma makes it a little harder for the enemy to escape and after 6 everything gets crazy.
- Vel'Koz: CC and Burst make everything easier. True Damage on top of that makes for insane early damage, after Vel'Koz gets level 2, your ganks are smooth and easy. This counts for him being Mid or Support.
- Blitzcrank: He can keep an enemy still for 1.5 seconds, and silence them. Totally, between him and your ADC, you should be able to score a simple kill.
Return Ganking is also a thing that Twitch excels at. The ability to stealth in with your Ambush makes it a breeze since they will never know you're back again. Here's a clip showing the technique of return ganking as Twitch: