This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Tank Like You Mean It (Patch 7.10 )
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Choose Champion Build:
Team Fight Tank
Why Galio Tank?
What is the meta items to help an ap top laner?
- A Strong start will be 3X Doran's Ring, OR 2X Doran's Ring and Corrupting Potion after your first couple backs and,
- for defense you will get Null-Magic Mantle or Cloth Armor along with Boots and probably upgraded to Ninja Tabi's or Mercury's Treads along with a Ruby Crystal
- I've been really liking the Fellowship build (3X Doran's Ring) on Galio. I am having more success with it than with a Corrupting Potion, even against bad matchups ( Darius). Especially since Patch 7.7 where the base damage of Winds of War was nerfed but its AP ratio was increased.
Why No Mercury's Treads?
Galio loves to STILL stack MR! So why no Mercury's Treads?
Let me answer this in 3 Parts:
- You should build Mercury's Treads sometimes. There will be many times this will be a good choice
- You are already stacking MR in other ways, more so than many other tanks. You need the additional AR somewhere. It also helps vs most Top Laners, even if they are AP (except for maybe mages like Swain). Ninja Tabi's reduced dmg you take from auto attacks, combined other shields ( Courage of the Colossus , Shield of Durand, Locket of the Iron Solari) mean it is a good buy. Mentioning Shield of Durand...
- YOU ARE IMMUNE TO CC while casting Shield of Durand. Don't need to reduce CC time with Mercury's Treads when you can't be CC'd.