Gangplank Build Guide by haAnswiNkor
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Standard Crit Plank
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Currently: desperately need to play some GP games
Please Watch Live-Streams + Videos if you want to truly learn the Champion.
Subscribe to haAnswiNkor's YouTube Channel!
Watch haAnswiNkor on Twitch Live-Stream!
Gangplank: The Last Hit Master
Season 4 Diamond:
This Guide will be updated very frequently, so please check back.
1. Amazing Peeling + Get Away Kit: OP
2. Gloabl AoE Slowing + DMGing Ultimate:
3. Amazing Low CD Pokes (w/ 40% CDR): s
4. Insane DMG + Split Push/Wave Clear with s
1. Once Behind, Always Behind
2. No Hard CC
3. Overall, still a Bad Champion
Double Edged Sword or Battle Trance - I personally like double edged sword because it seems like the more reliable damage boost, but more testing on thhe way
Bandit - this really helps with gp making bank once again, since he is melee he will rack up gold like crazy with attacks and parrrley
Ideal Final Item Build
- must get utility item!
youmuu's ghost blade - Early Game power spike
- vs heavy AP lane
- HP + AD great vs heavy Burst
- Stack these if you want (no i'm serious get 3 IEs if you want)
- Amazing item vs Armored Enemies
- OP vs AD
- OP vs heavy CC AP
The build order is completely different for every Match-Up.
The Ideal Build Order
1. for more s + Harrass + Focusing on Safe Farming
2. for Chase + Tankiness vs
Your main job is to able to Lane safely vs all the Counters + Focus on Farming.
Crit Plank Route:
1. OR into
3. infinity's edge
is always taken at Level 1. NO EXCEPTIONS
Level 2 Skill:
Almost Always - The New Domino game, brought to you by Rito Rework
- Last if you are not losing lane too hard
After All Three Basic Abilities are Leveled Up:
- Max this 1st/2nd always, no excuses just shut up and do it
has 3 Upgrades now but then I'm greedy so Fire at Will
Gangplank's Passive: Trial By Fire
Gangplank's Q: Parrrley
Targeted Ability: Main Damage Output + Poking Tool + Safe Farming from a Distance
Make sure you rack up some gold with this to upgrade your !
Applies On-Hit Effects + Life Steal + can Critically Strike (Acts like an Auto-Attack)
a 1 hit and you break a leg.
If you are gonna use this on a minion, make sure it's a LAST HIT (Extra Gold + Half of Mana Cost is Refunded)
Gangplank's W: Remove Scurvy
Free + Insta-Heal + CC Removement
DOES NOT REMOVE THE FOLLOWING:
2. Damage Reduction from
3. Airborne CC (pulls, knock-backs, knock-ups)
4. 's Malefic Visions
REMOVES SUPPRESSION FROM:
1. 's Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser (If channel completes both champs will still be moved)
2. 's Nether Grasp (must move out of range or will take damage)
3. 's Impale
4. 's Infinite Duress (must move out of range or will take damage)
Knowing when to use this Skill is absolutely CRUCIAL (High Cool Down + ONLY Escape Ability)
1. INSTANTLY after the First CC.
2. Save for the Last CC from the Enemies.
Improve your Reaction Speed: Practice Insta-Casting after CC.
Gangplank's E: Powder Keg
This is a HUGE boost to your Early Game Damage Output + can Kill Unexpected Enemies at Level 2.
You can do a Chain Reaction of Powder Kegs = Tons of AoE Damage
You can also use this as an escaping tool by refreshing
ALWAYS HAVE ONE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR ESCAPE (Put it in a safe spot)
Gangplank's R (Ultimate): Cannon Barrage
Now it has 3 upgrades, but I see Fire At Will and Death's Daughter being the only useful ones.
Global AoE of Cannon Balls + Gives Vision of the Area
Used for Teamfights + Low HP Enemies + Picking Up Assists.
Low HP Enemies:
Always put it right on the top of the enemy's head. DO NOT PREDICT.
Peel OR Engage Tool (Not a Strong Engage since it's just a Slow)
General Idea: Place to hit as many enemies as possible.
Assists Across the Map:
Free Assists by other Lanes.
SHOULD have the Most Assists by the end of the game.
Every Match-Up is very difficult and requires a lot of experience.
Make sure to check back for Youtube Videos + more information.
- DO NOT trade with him until you are Level 2
- Be aware of his Passive Blood Well
- You can still AA and use Skills while Airborne from his Dark Flight
- Randuin's Omen
- Zone her before Level 6
- Never fight in her Twilight Shroud
- Watch Out for Level 6 All-Ins
- Hexdrinker + Vision Ward
- Trade + Harrass Level 1~3
- Maw of Malmortius
- Focus on Farming after Level 6
- Remove Scurvy his Crippling Strike
- Focus on Farming as he out-damages you at any Level
- Everytime he tries to Melee CS, Parrrley + AA Combos
- Focus on Farming when he gets Sadism
No more Grog Soaked Blade passive on every hit = nerf to early game 1v1 AA Dueling
It is better to safe farm and try to lane (you can't all-in early anymore)
1. Correct Rune Page
2. Correct Summoner Spells
3. Correct Starting Items + Item Choices
4. Enemy Jungler Starting Location
5. Know your Match-Up (When to be Passive OR Aggressive)
6. CSing + Last Hitting Every Minion when using
7. If Enemy is going to hit Level 2 Earlier, BACK OFF IMMEDIATELY
At this point: you SHOULD HAVE built AT LEAST 2 Damage Items.
during Small Skirmishes + Dragon Control
DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE 's Early Game Damage Output
Map Awareness with cannon or (if you took it) is CRUCIAL.
ALWAYS BE READY to help your Allies Kill or Survive with .
player is judged by his Number of Assists NOT Kills.
Map Awareness Tips:
1. Pay Attention to the Allies Portraits on the Left Side of your screen
2. Use your F2 F3 F4 F5 Keys to cycle through your Teammates
3. Always use Space-Bar to get your screen back to your Own Champion.
At this point: you SHOULD HAVE finished your 2 Core Damage Items + 2 Tank Items
2 Options: Split Push OR Group
ONLY Split Push if you can 1v1 the Enemy Top Laner OR you have .
DO NOT SPLIT PUSH JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE YOUR .
Grouping up with the Team is always the Safest and Smart Choice.
is great at Sieging due to his Low CD Pokes.
WARNING: 's Short Range makes vulnerable to Enemy Skill Shots.
Situational: to clear Huge Minion Waves OR Defend Towers.
is always about teamfight and PEELING while CRITTING squishies
Why would you not join a teamfight when you have 2 Aura items that are gonna be vital for your team? If you see a GP splitting ALL THE TIME, please let me know I will spank them personally.
The placement of Cannon Barrage is very important and this only comes with experience.
Press Q on Squishes and slow down Enemy Tanks. Keep it simple!
HOWEVER, I would recommend it to split the enemy team apart or to peel.
(you will almost never be able to engage with your ultimate...at least hopefully not)
Subscribe to haAnswiNkor's Youtube Channel!
Watch haAnswiNkor on Twitch LiveStream!
Like haAnswiNkor's Facebook Page!
Follow haAnswiNkor on Twitter!
Here is a brief review or TL/DR:
1. Map Awareness is KEY
2. Correct Placements
3. Know your Match-Ups
4. NEVER UNDERESTIMATE your Early Game Damage Output