This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Cho'Gath Build Guide by Horvat4
Why Can't I Flash?? [Melee DPS / Mage / Tank / Jungler]By Horvat4 | Updated on March 4, 2012
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Choose Champion Build:
Runes - 9x Greater Mark of Magic Penetration [8.5 magic pen.] - Great magic pen. combined with 10 % magic pen. from masteries and 20 from Sorcerer's Shoes.
- 9x Greater Seal of Vitality [175 HP at level 18] - I love it combined with stacks of Feast.
- 9x Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power - Good early game combined with runes.
- 3x Greater Quintessence of Ability Power - Good early game combined with runes.
1. Sorcerer's Shoes - Magic pen., as all mages need.
2. Rylai's Crystal Scepter - It is MUST on Cho Gath, slow with every spell, nice amount of HP and AP, great in team fights and for harass.
3. Wit's End - Wondering why????? Well, gives you 42 magic damage per hit, combined with Vorpal Spikes and basic AD + 40 % attack speed, I don't know if there is so useful item as this for Cho (except of Rylai's).
4. Warmog's Armor - 920 HP and 30 health per 5, start of your real dominance (look at your HP if you are going trough my build exactly).
5. Atma's Impaler - Why not a little crit. chance, armor and, of course, with that huge HP bar, AD will be really high, eh? Really awesome melee item mid/late game.
6. Phantom Dancer - I know that it looks strange but is really awesome! Crit. chance combined with Atma's crit. chance, little movement boost and attack speed.
What I think of this build: My build which I use every game, time and time again often being legendary. Deals massive melee damage, spells do big amount of damage too. No words.
- 2x Health Potion - So you can stay in lane longer.
1. Rod of Ages - I love the passive, each time you level up you gain mana and health. Gives you nice HP and mana early game and a little AP boost so your spells deal better damage.
2. Sorcerer's Shoes - Magic pen., as all mages need.
3. Rabadon's Deathcape - Huge amount of AP, your spells will deal massive damage. Best item passive in game - 30% bonus AP!
4. Abyssal Mask - Lowers magic resist of nearby enemies, a must on Cho mage. Magic resist against enemy mages and good amount of AP.
5. Morello's Evil Tome - Cooldown reduction and AP + a little mana per 5 but still useful.
6. Lich Bane - With all this AP you will have a really nice melee attack after casting a spell. Gives AP and magic resistance. Not bad late game item.
- 3x Health Potion - So you don't have to recall when you come in lane and take some damage.
1. Mercury's Treads - For ganking, tanking and magic resist boost.
2. Rod of Ages - Another great early game item, gives you HP, mana and AP.
3. Force of Nature - You need to buy it after Rod of Ages because it gives you movement speed, magic resist and HP regen., what you need for saving allies.
4. Randuin's Omen - Great armor and HP regen item + passive: slow and little cooldown reduction.
5. Rylai's Crystal Scepter - Bonus HP, AP and disable.
6. Trinity Force - AP, damage, mana, crit. chance(not actually needed), HP and attack speed boost, chance of slow, every time you cast a spell, you deal bonus damage, nice final item for a tank.
1. Sorcerer's Shoes - Magic pen., as all mages need.
2. Rod of Ages - Good for mage jungler, gives mana, HP and AP.
3. Rylai's Crystal Scepter - Big HP and AP boost and lovely passive (slow).
4. Will of the Ancients - Spell vamp and AP. Spell vamp because you are jungling and because you are mage so it steals life from magic damage dealt.
5. Rabadon's Deathcape - 140 AP + 30% bonus AP, can mage wish a better item?
6. Zhonya's Hourglass - Awesome passive, if used well you can turn whole team fight into victory. Gives armor and big amount of AP, another nice item for mages.
1. Blue Buff.
2. Wolf Camp.
3. Wraith Camp.
5. Red Buff.
6. Wolf Camp.
7. Wraith Camp.
9. Blue Buff.
10. Red Buff.
Later in game, you give teammates buffs they need and you clean your jungle whenever one camp of creeps spawn.
You should gank often because he is an awesome ganker. For example: your lane is pushed. You want to gank and make your team push. Don't just run out of the bush for ganks. Look when enemy is playing really aggressively, trying to destroy your tower, then it is a good chance for your team mate(s) and you to kill them and then push for their tower. First trow your rupture on both of enemies (if it is single target try to hit him), silence them and try to kill the one with lower HP with your Feast. After that you and your teammates should easily kill the other one. If there is a group of enemies call for another player and both gank them.
2. Feral Scream - Silences for a long amount of time. It is my favourite skill on Cho Gath. Deals a lot of damage so you want to max it first. Not just awesome for harassing enemies, you can kill whole minion wave with one Feral Scream.
3. Feral Scream.
4. Vorpal Spikes - This ability does nice damage combined with Wit's End, so you want to max it after Feral Scream.
5. Feral Scream.
6. Feast - When you reach level 6, you want to go for Blue Buff. Get golem to 1000 HP and eat him. You will gain HP from stack, easy golem kill and it has only one minute cooldown.
7. Feral Scream.
8. Vorpal Spikes.
9. Feral Scream.
10. Vorpal Spikes.
12. Vorpal Spikes.
13. Vorpal Spikes.
- First time I've written a guide.
- Masteries and Runes.
- Melee DPS Build
- Mage Build.
- Jungler Build.
- Melee DPS Skill Sequence explanation.
- Summoner Spells.
- Melee DPS Cho Gath.
- Mage Cho Gath.
- Jungler Cho Gath.
- Jungling and Ganking.
- Tank Cho Gath.