Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Tribunal...It's time for riot to change things...

Creator: gabpin October 13, 2011 6:39pm
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 1:55pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Lol. I recommend thinking before posting :P

Whatever he says into his mic isn't transmitted into the game.
Unless he actually said some mean things in the chat, but that vid is too blurry to see.

Lol, I know Searz, but the fact remains that Riot can still ban him whether it was typed into chat if there was evidence (and hell, sometimes there isn't evidence and players are still banned). Point was that many players who aren't banned flame and insult people and don't get banned.

ZioSerpe wrote:

I can because I'm smarter, the simple fact that no report done on me has ever had consequences while gabpin found himself banned is pretty selfexplainatory.
I flame people in a way that ain't considered bannable, yet, and I can grant that, is effective.
Also, lemme correct you on this, they don't give free IP for judging, they give free IP for judging right, and quite frankly the IP reward is neglegible (yay I won 12 ip) I only do tribunal 'cause is funny when it doesn't happen to you for once.

Do I love watching other people suffer? yes I do
Am I a bad person? probably

But yeah good luck going into tribunal and punish everyone.
Today I did some tribunal (had not done in months, thread insipred me) and I got this case.
In all 7 games the guy was reported for intentional feeding, and yes he has all ******ed scores, yet he wasn't feeding intentionally, he just sucked deep balls at the game, would you punish that?
If the system was automatic he would have been banned for no other reason than just sucking at the ******* game. With the tribunal cases like these can be examined by the comunity making so that the staff wastes less time on stupid reports.

So more arrogant stuff like 'oh i'm smarter'. You probably never considered that it could be LUCK or other factors that means you aren't getting banned. Oh and did I mention being smarter then everyone else (or at least thinking you are) isn't a reason to go around judging people?

Thanks for arguing my point. You haven't been banned cause you didn't do something bannable. Neither did Gabpin. DERRRRRRRRRP.

Doesn't matter what the amount is. Some people go after prizes regardless of price, because they don't care. Like the people who go to the fair only for the prizes, or people who only ever spend money on coupons, etc.

jhoijhoi wrote:

Yes, but to a certain amount, the whole system of rewards relies on how lucky you are. You have a 50% chance of getting it right, and the IP reward is minimal. If Riot actually wanted the Tribunal to be popular and have good judgements, the rewards would be > 100 IP per case.

No, for ****s sake, i'm not supporting players like that, i'm supporting Gabpin. I know what it feels like to get sworn at (gee let's look at what happens in moba inhouses and premades sometimes) and I know what it feels like to be accused of something you didn't do. I've played with Gabpin, I know he's not someone who deserves to be banned.

If you support innocent people getting punished, shame on you.

Yeah, I have. I've reviewed plenty of Tribunal cases and I always try and give my best judgement on people but some people in LoL are dumbasses.

Let's even take a look at some of the rules.

Quoted:
The Chat Log may contain some colorful language. Try to distinguish between offensive speech and playful ribbing when reaching a verdict.

Quoted:
If there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the player in the game and yet they are still getting reported, you should vote Pardon. All summoners are innocent until proven guilty. Sometimes players will report the entire enemy team if they can't recall who said what during the game. Other times, players just report the enemy for no good reason. Again, make sure to focus on the reported player.

Just did a tribunal case, for example. Dude got reported for intentionally feeding a bunch of times. And he was bad, no doubt. But every game I looked into the chat his team was also bad and infact he seemed like the best player on the team a couple of times. And every time I saw a bunch of players in chat flaming and insulting him. All I concur from that is that he was the victim in his games, yet he's the one getting reported and in the tribunal. And would the player who didn't read all of the cases (let's say 2) know about that? No, probably not. He would've went oh, i've seen enough already, 'punish'.

And what you seem to be saying is that there are plenty of bad players in LoL who say stuff like that, and I AGREE. I HATE it when people say **** like that, and I hope they get banned. But we ARENT talking about the community here, we are talking about GABPIN.

I don't believe that Gabpin is the kind of player who says stuff like that in game (100% certain actually) and therefore he should not have been banned. Gettit?

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 2:12pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Thanks for arguing my point. You haven't been banned cause you didn't do something bannable. Neither did Gabpin. DERRRRRRRRRP.

You don't know that's true just because he says so.

I can say I'm a pink unicorn but it doesn't make it true. :P
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 2:15pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

You don't know that's true just because he says so.

I can say I'm a pink unicorn but it doesn't make it true. :P

The difference is, I trust him, and know what kind of person he is, and i'm pretty sure he wouldn't have said anything like that.

Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 2:40pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

The difference is, I trust him, and know what kind of person he is, and i'm pretty sure he wouldn't have said anything like that.

This gives INFINITELY more validity to some of the points you are trying to get across on this specific issue. At least, it does in my mind. This is actually the first thing I would have said, and if you did say it and I missed it, I'm sorry for not noticing.

I don't know Gabpin from Adam, so I can't make any kind of judgements on whether or not the tribunal made a correct decision. If there are others to validate it from personal experience, that makes discussing the issue run a little more smoothly, I'd think.

However, I'm curious about how you would change the tribunal. The point of this thread is still about the desire for some changes to be made to the tribunal. What would you do differently? How would you fix the problems?

It's hard for me to say (since I can't even figure out how to access the damn thing, even though I'm 30), but the main issue at hand is the people placing reports and the people making the judgements. Both of these issues are about people. Do you think Riot should assign a certain group of proven individuals to assist them, giving rights to the tribunal like a closed beta program? Do you have other restrictions in mind? Or do you believe the system should be abolished entirely?

Just a few questions, and you don't have to answer or anything. I'm only curious on the subject.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 3:38pm | Report
Nighthawk.

You don't get banned.

Three times.

And be innocent.

It doesn't matter how nice Gabpin plays when he's with you.

It doesn't matter how nice he is on MobaFire.

Clearly something occurs when he doesn't have us watching him, and that's what has gotten him into trouble.

ALL of you know I rage. You've SEEN me rage in the QQ Thread. I literally type those things sometimes. I know specifically of one case where I raged too much and felt really bad, and hoped they reported me so that I might be banned so I wouldn't rage that much.

But nope.

Never been banned.

That means my own raging, which can be extreme in my opinion.

WAS NEVER EXTREME ENOUGH TO BE BAN WORTHY.

Gabpin's games must have been horrendous if he's been banned 3 times.

Even if he's your best friend, a man who rapes a woman 3 times, even if he doesn't rape you or me, or anyone else I know, is still a rapist.

Gabpin is CLEARLY not telling us the full story. Unless he's willing to upload all his LoL Replays for us to watch to see if he hadn't trolled/raged etc, there's nothing we can do but accept the verdict of THREE Tribunal cases.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 3:38pm | Report
I would give more IP for successfully reviewing a case, and I wouldn't have it be 'punish' or 'pardon' alone, I would make players fill out their opinion (with say like 250-500 words), a closed beta program would be much better as well, and I wouldn't mind if the system was abolished entirely and only mods and admins of Riot were given the opportunity.

ATM I think the Tribunal is just full of people who don't know how to report, don't care about reporting, are just mad in general or don't know what all the rules are.

etc etc.

It's Riot's playerbase that is annoying. The same people who are getting reported are the ones passing judgement on players who have been reported.

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 3:47pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Nighthawk.

You don't get banned.

Three times.

And be innocent.

It doesn't matter how nice Gabpin plays when he's with you.

It doesn't matter how nice he is on MobaFire.

Clearly something occurs when he doesn't have us watching him, and that's what has gotten him into trouble.

ALL of you know I rage. You've SEEN me rage in the QQ Thread. I literally type those things sometimes. I know specifically of one case where I raged too much and felt really bad, and hoped they reported me so that I might be banned so I wouldn't rage that much.

But nope.

Never been banned.

That means my own raging, which can be extreme in my opinion.

WAS NEVER EXTREME ENOUGH TO BE BAN WORTHY.

Gabpin's games must have been horrendous if he's been banned 3 times.

Even if he's your best friend, a man who rapes a woman 3 times, even if he doesn't rape you or me, or anyone else I know, is still a rapist.

Gabpin is CLEARLY not telling us the full story. Unless he's willing to upload all his LoL Replays for us to watch to see if he hadn't trolled/raged etc, there's nothing we can do but accept the verdict of THREE Tribunal cases.

No. We are assuming his games must have been horrendous; but they might not have been.

Gabpin might not be telling us the whole story; or he might be.

We can accept the verdict of 3 tribunal cases, (which obviously we have to anyways) from players we don't know, from players who may be worse then Gabpin, players who were just angry with gabpin for a different reason, etc, or we can accept what we know, that i've never seen Gabpin do anything perma ban worthy.

Riot has millions of players.

The vast majority of those are the people I described. Some are also nice, thoughtful, etc, but not the vast majority.

The Tribunal is open to everyone.

That leads me to my own conclusions in part.

Colorfulism
<Member>
Colorfulism's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 3:50pm | Report
ORDER IN THE COURT.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 4:07pm | Report
Btw, it's not a bug.

Gabpin's been permabanned.

And to be permabanned, he had to have broken the rules a lot.

I'll look it up and come back with the appropriate research.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
gabpin
<Member>
gabpin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 4:07pm | Report
I'm happy to see that some people understand what I say. Yes I rage at people leaving or just not wanting to learn and teling me to stfu when I tell them advice, yess I swear when I'm mad but still does that deserve permaban !? Imo permaban was for hacking or scamming people not swearing and raging... And yes I got banned 3 times before : 1 time 3 days 2 times 2 weeks( the time for verbal abuse). Why would I lie I'm ban anyway so... Anyway my opinion is that they should do like in lot of popular games : block chat for 13- if they don't want to recive complains, because everyone know that online game = interaction with people, so like in real life there is sometimes madness and some qq. Also there is a mature chat filter so oblige to turn it on for -13 account and we are in business no more ban for this reason.

Some would say : when you enter a game mute everyone and say nothing.. That just impossible you have to cooperate with people and hear what they have to say.. you can't just join a game of LOL and go by yourself or you will get reported for not cooperating. It seems like people report for everything these days. Example : this morning i played on a smurf and someone was just autoatking minion so I told him : hey, you know you could only last hit so you do more money and we get less chance to get gank.. his answer : /all REPORT gabpinsuce (my smurf name) he is qqing and verbal harrasing me, he told me i was a dumb ******. So when people see that they report me, it goes to tribunal, then tribunal people see : He called us niger, so they ban me even if I didn't called that. It's easy for people if they come in premade of 2 or 3 to argue that someone did something just to put him in big trouble.

Last point : premade ranked 5v5. Lot of times when I win taht type of game people in lobby say hahah scrubs we report you. That mean : 5 report on me so that goes direclty to the tribunal even if there is no valable reason. The power of the number.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide