Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How to make Bloodthirster a more viable item.

Creator: Searz February 21, 2011 12:35pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 10 13
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2011 12:35pm | Report
I don't know how many has noticed this, but most people I have discussed this with agree that Bloodthirster is probably the worst carry item available. Not only is it behind most other items that are cheaper in terms of damage, you even lose a fair amount of damage and life steal on death.

Here's a few pictures that show how it compares to cheaper items:

Bloodthirster vs Ghostblade or Last Whisper on a fully geared carry

( Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer, Banshee's Veil and Atma's Impaler)

Bloodthirster vs Last Whisper on a fully geared Urgot

(using my Urgot build)

Atma's Impaler vs Bloodthirster

( Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer, Banshee's Veil and Last Whisper or Youmuu's Ghostblade)

Zeke's Harbinger vs Bloodthirster

( Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer, Banshee's Veil and Last Whisper or Youmuu's Ghostblade)

Phantom Dancer vs Bloodthirster

( Infinity Edge, Atma's Impaler, Banshee's Veil and Last Whisper or Youmuu's Ghostblade)

So, what do you guys think? How should this item be improved?

My first suggestion is:
Cost: 3500gold (+300)
80AD
15% life steal
Passive: increases your attack damage by 1 and your life steal by 0.25% for each 1600 damage you deal. Bonuses max out at +30AD(110 total) and +10%(25% total) life steal. Bonuses are NOT lost upon death.

That would make it grow at a slower rate and not force you to go farm minions to make it grow. It will be overall more powerful than the current BT. It will also make it a bit different to Warmog's Armor which stacks up almost the same way as the current BT.
None of the other "increasing over time items" ( Rod of Ages and Warmog's Armor) force you to farm minions.

It gives less stats/gold than Warmog's Armor.

My second would be to rework it more heavily:
Cost: 3400gold (+200)
80AD
15% life steal
Passive: on dealing 200 damage, increases your AD by 3 and your life steal by 1% (Max stacks is 10). Lasts for 5seconds and is refreshed (and increased for every *200 threshold breached) upon dealing damage.

This would make for an awesome carry item. It would encourage trying to constantly deal damage (what physical carries are all about), while also providing more life steal to keep yourself going with. The overall stats of the item are also increased. The passive is not unique, but it can't give more than 10stacks, that makes more bloodthirsters only increase the speed of which you stack them up.
Compared to Guinsoo's Rageblade the passive actually gives bonuses worth about 500gold less.

The current BT does not do the job of a pure AD item well. Thus I think my second suggestion would be the best, the item is made for carries after all. An item that gives only AD and/or ArP and/or CDR should be introduced, to replace BT for champions that want to stack AD for spells.

It's funny that a 120AD BT is below Youmuu's Ghostblade in damage. It seems ArP is OP O_o
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2011 1:18pm | Report
I agree - in terms of individual items.

What if you did a graph involving both BT and items like Youmuus and evaluating the efficiency of, say, a phantom dancer over BT?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2011 2:44pm | Report
That isn't possible in the same way. BT is almost a pure damage item. PD gives move speed and attack speed too.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2011 2:56pm | Report
True. Still, I'm saying that almost nobody uses The Bloodthirster for just pure AD without any other items to go along.

Maybe make graphs for, say, Last Whisper+BT vs. Last Whisper+IE or something along those lines. Even though we know what's going to win anyway :P
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2011 3:01pm | Report
The graphs are with fully geared champions.. Look up the same pics in the graphing thread to see the items used. (the link in my sig)

IE probably gives about double the damage BT gives when fully stacked. Maybe even more with a little extra crit chance.

Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2011 4:13pm | Report
Alright then, sorry about the confusion. :P
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2011 2:18pm | Report
Oh cmon people. I want opinions, OPINIONS!
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2011 2:42pm | Report
My opinion: Your graphs make you right. :)

No but... your change sounds like a good idea to me!
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2011 2:48pm | Report
I think your first change is a bit too OP, 20 dmg more for 200 g more and bonuses aren't lost on death?
In my opinion it only needs to keep bonuses when dead and price should be raised by 200 or sth...
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2011 5:05pm | Report
@Mowen
I'm always right X]

@Vaan99
The whole point of this thread is to discuss possible changes because Bloodthirster is underpowered.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 10 13

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide