Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How to make Bloodthirster a more viable item.

Creator: Searz February 21, 2011 12:35pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Freki
<Member>
Freki's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2011 12:40am | Report
Searz wrote:

BT is also inferior to other life steal items, so your argument about it being good if you want sustainability is not valid.

It is valid since you can't have more than 6 items.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2011 3:00am | Report
What? That has nothing to do with this..
"every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning,"" - Colin Campbell
Freki
<Member>
Freki's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2011 10:30am | Report
Since you do a lot of graphs, think about it in a microeconomy way:

The marginal utility is what really matters:

You won't go pure AD, if you're ASPD is slow, you will maximize your dps combining both AD, ASPD.

Now my goal when I buy BT is both have good damage output, and sustainability. I won't go for Stark if I have enough ASPD and rather go BT, because I need both raw dmg and life steal.

Now if I have as many slots as I want, I would go both IE and Starks rather than 2 BT, but if i want one item that sums it in one slot, I will go BT.

I hope you get my point.

So for me BT is not completely broken, just fix the scaling which were the point I found legit. And don't argue with "no"
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2011 12:51pm | Report
Freki wrote:

And don't argue with "no"

No.<3 :]

Seriously though, I mean it when I say that all other life steal items are better. After they buffed Hextech Gunblade it is better than BT for pretty much all champions who has a useful AP ratio.

Even Executioner's Calling is a better item. Because crit>AD on builds with IE. It doesn't give more damage, but it gives about half as much damage as a fully stacked BT while costing a third of what BT does.
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2011 1:35pm | Report
DEWO wrote:

I have to agree that Thirster might be considered a bad item. So far the only thing i would change is the cost of the recepie itself. 900g to make BF+VS into thirster is way too much imho.
10AD and 3% Lifesteal for 900g.

What about 1100g for 30AD and 3%ls? That is less than the boost Warmog gives(hp/gold). That's what my suggestion gives.

Quoted:
those graphs are made to compare dps

It's average damage(not counting AS), but that's probably what you meant.

Quoted:
you forget about the lifesteal?

I did not. 1% is worth about as much as 1AD and when converting the life steal into AD BT deals almost exactly as much damage as Ghostblade.

Quoted:
Atm there is no other option to get AD and lifesteal in single spot for a hard carry other than Thirster.

Hextech Gunblade is a far superior item. Even for most carries, as long as they have a useful AP ratio.

Quoted:
Ofc it has that stacking thing but loosing it due to death makes it questionable...

It makes it worse than questionable. It makes it **** :(
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2011 2:24pm | Report

Update:

I decided to compare the stats per gold of other items and my suggestions.

The first suggestion scales almost exactly (+/- 100g) like Warmog's Armor in gold/stats and Warmog isn't an OP item, is it?
I did nerf the first suggestion a bit though. I increased the time it takes to farm it up by 75% as Warmog was way slower at stacking up.

I compared the second suggestion to Guinsoo's Rageblade and realized that Rageblade's passive actually gives bonuses worth 60gold more than the one on my suggestion. I reduced the buff duration from 8sec to 6 to make it more comparable to the 5seconds on Rageblade.
I increased the cost of the second suggestion by 300g to bring it in line. The base stats were a tad bit too good for the price.

The funny thing is that 120AD BT is below Youmuu's Ghostblade in damage. That alone is enough to warrant a buff from the 100AD.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2011 3:20pm | Report
See what people don't realize is that Bloodthirster isn't a bad item...

Just when you go single item vs. single item vs. single item it looks bad.

But it gives you lifesteal and considerable AD, and when combined with a good ArP item it is still effective. It just sucks by itself. You should also have survivability built so you can keep the stacks up.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2011 9:22am | Report
Bump.

PFP wrote:

when combined with a good ArP item it is still effective.

Yea, good point. I need more graphs >:D

What items do you suggest comparing with? I'll have to make a dps graph if you suggest an item with AS.
"every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning,"" - Colin Campbell
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2011 9:43am | Report
Searz wrote:

Bump.

Yea, good point. I need more graphs >:D

What items do you suggest comparing with? I'll have to make a dps graph if you suggest an item with AS.

I want to see it compared to Stark's Fervor. Stark's has lifesteal, which many people are saying they buy the bloodthirster for, and it has armor reduction, which will help in the damage department. Not to mention it's an aura item.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2011 10:32am | Report
Ok, I'll make a dps graph for that then. Making one for only damage won't be a fair comparison.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide