Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Riven Build

Creator: Symphunny September 26, 2011 9:31pm
1 2
Symphunny
<Member>
Symphunny's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2011 9:31pm | Report
Whats the best way to build Riven?

For me, since i havent played Riven enough yet, i build her like so:

Boots + Health Potion x3 > Wriggle's Lantern > Mercury's Treads > The Brutalizer > Phage > Zeal > Trinity Force > Youmuu's Ghostblade > Armor Item or Magic Resist Item > Infinity Edge

yes, idk why but i like building crit riven xD and its probably not the best why to build so im asking you guys what you think is the best way to build her. thanks (:

Special thanks to Brynollf, -FanArt-, Xiaowiriamu (x3), Spooon, reppinFTC and jhoijhoi for making the awesome sigs :P
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2011 11:06pm | Report
I'm not a fan of Trinity Force on Riven at all. Sheen procs relative to your base AD, and Riven doesn't have high stats in that area. It's too expensive for too little benefit.

I'm also not a fan of Youmuu's Ghostblade. The Brutalizer is fantastic, but Youmuu's is rather bland on her, at least from my experience. It's good for chasedown and hitting your passive, but it just seems less than worth it until late game.

I personally like turning Phage into Frozen Mallet. HP, some AD, and that slow is wonderful for keeping targets in range of your skills.

However, that's mostly because I build Riven more as a tanky dps champ than a hard-damage champ. Riven's damage is good no matter how you build her. She really reminds me of Garen in a lot of ways, so that's probably my main source of item inspiration.
L1LShadow
<Member>
L1LShadow's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2011 7:13am | Report
"I" build her as boots + potions -> The Brutalizer -> Phage -> Atma's Impaler -> Frozen Mallet Survivability -> upgrade to Youmuu's Ghostblade -> Survivability/Damage depending on team.]
Early brutalizer for damage and penetration, you really start to hurt now. Phage because it's cheap and you don't want to rush a mallet early game so just get the recipe item. Atma's, now you do about 170-200 damage with survivability. Frozen Mallet for extra health and damage from upgrade and atmas.
Just use ghostblade during cooldowns and you'll hurt a lot.
SakuyaFM
<Member>
SakuyaFM's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2011 7:20am | Report
Beeswarm17 wrote:

I'm not a fan of Trinity Force on Riven at all. Sheen procs relative to your base AD, and Riven doesn't have high stats in that area. It's too expensive for too little benefit.

I'm also not a fan of Youmuu's Ghostblade. The Brutalizer is fantastic, but Youmuu's is rather bland on her, at least from my experience. It's good for chasedown and hitting your passive, but it just seems less than worth it until late game.

I personally like turning Phage into Frozen Mallet. HP, some AD, and that slow is wonderful for keeping targets in range of your skills.

However, that's mostly because I build Riven more as a tanky dps champ than a hard-damage champ. Riven's damage is good no matter how you build her. She really reminds me of Garen in a lot of ways, so that's probably my main source of item inspiration.

If TF procs base AD + 150%, then @ LV18 AD, it'll do 156 bonus damage.

You don't really need the early Brutalizer, but it's there if you feel like you really do need it. Rushing a Last Whisper after your Frozen Mallet is a much more long-term investment. 40% is a big deal. Even if you're going against that Rammus with 300 armor, that's a 120 armor reduction. 180 is roughly where Leona and Jarvan IV stop at when their shields are up.

Infinity Edge is such an auto-attack item. Riven doesn't autoattack enough, nor does she have enough Crit % to make good use of this. A couple of Bloodthirsters is a much more attractive option. Just proc-ing your passive gives quite a bit of lifesteal.

L1LShadow wrote:

"I" build her as boots + potions -> The Brutalizer -> Phage -> Atma's Impaler -> Frozen Mallet Survivability -> upgrade to Youmuu's Ghostblade -> Survivability/Damage depending on team.]
Early brutalizer for damage and penetration, you really start to hurt now. Phage because it's cheap and you don't want to rush a mallet early game so just get the recipe item. Atma's, now you do about 170-200 damage with survivability. Frozen Mallet for extra health and damage from upgrade and atmas.
Just use ghostblade during cooldowns and you'll hurt a lot.

My goal is to keep at least 250 AD with a Last Whisper, and getting past 2.3k health where getting an Atma's Impaler equates to getting a B. F. Sword with armor.
--IGN: 765 Pro Azusa--

Beeswarm17
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2011 9:02am | Report
I'd like to mention that I get The Brutalizer mostly for the CDR and AD. The ArPen is... nice, but easy to compensate for.

That is a good point on TF, though. It's just too expensive for me, and Riven doesn't make use out of all that TF has to give. If you've got the spare cash lying around, or you want a good final item, it's not a bad idea.

I do agree with IE, too. I've tried it on Riven, but the only way it's useful is that it's the single highest non-stacking damage item in the game. I, like you, prefer the cheaper BT.

I'm going to have to try swapping out The Brutalizer for Last Whisper in those longer games. 10% CDR is the only reason to keep it, and by then I'd just buy a blue elixir for that.
SakuyaFM
<Member>
SakuyaFM's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2011 11:37am | Report
Beeswarm17 wrote:

I'd like to mention that I get The Brutalizer mostly for the CDR and AD. The ArPen is... nice, but easy to compensate for.

That is a good point on TF, though. It's just too expensive for me, and Riven doesn't make use out of all that TF has to give. If you've got the spare cash lying around, or you want a good final item, it's not a bad idea.

I do agree with IE, too. I've tried it on Riven, but the only way it's useful is that it's the single highest non-stacking damage item in the game. I, like you, prefer the cheaper BT.

I'm going to have to try swapping out The Brutalizer for Last Whisper in those longer games. 10% CDR is the only reason to keep it, and by then I'd just buy a blue elixir for that.

I've seen people with double Bloodthirsters and a Warmogs, dealing tons of damage (stealing that off Phreak for a second). Until late game comes in or someone breaks 150 armor (or at least when enemies start getting a Chain Vest), holding off on a Last Whisper leaves room for more raw damage or even hybrid mitigation/health-damage items.

Seriously though, if you get an IE and TF in one game, that's one helluva long game.
--IGN: 765 Pro Azusa--

Beeswarm17
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2011 1:15pm | Report
SakuyaFM wrote:

I've seen people with double Bloodthirsters and a Warmogs, dealing tons of damage (stealing that off Phreak for a second). Until late game comes in or someone breaks 150 armor (or at least when enemies start getting a Chain Vest), holding off on a Last Whisper leaves room for more raw damage or even hybrid mitigation/health-damage items.

Seriously though, if you get an IE and TF in one game, that's one helluva long game.

Yeah, Last Whisper is a fantastic item. No denying that. It's especially useful if you're trying to make damage your primary focus. It's good anywhere, really.

And yeah, if you have IE and TF, it's really dragged on. It's rare to have both in any game. I'd actually never try to get both.
Symphunny
<Member>
Symphunny's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2011 3:25pm | Report

Special thanks to Brynollf, -FanArt-, Xiaowiriamu (x3), Spooon, reppinFTC and jhoijhoi for making the awesome sigs :P
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2011 3:35pm | Report
I want to just troll here and say "get a Manamune"
Her mana is bugged. She gains mana but, it does nothing for her directly.
EDIT: Now I can't find where I saw it... Ah well. Disregard this unless you want to try it in a real game or something.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2011 4:11pm | Report
Hotshot likes Atmogg's on her but feels it delays her usefulness too long.

Try a brutalizer first and this helps substantially.

Bruta Warmogg's Atma's FoN GA Blood Thirster?
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide