Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Tiger Stance Udyr theorycrafting

Creator: NicknameMy April 30, 2013 8:44am
1 2 3 4
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2013 8:44am | Report
So, finally, the Udyr change is here:

Wilding Claw
Now deals physical damage.
Total AD now scales 120/130/140/150/160 %
Active AS is now 30/40/50/60/70 %
New persistent effect: Bonus physical damage which is 15% of total AD.

One item I want to give into the round directly: Muramana. Now is your time.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2013 10:27am | Report
Yeah, seems like Muramana might be very worthwhile.

However, stacking that Tear of the Goddess should be a ***** on Udyr. Waiting 3 seconds between switching stances is not exactly ideal, especially when clearing jungle or engaging enemies.

I'd probably skip Muramana and build him more straightforwardish as an AD Bruiser. That is, until you show me the epicness of that build. =)
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2013 11:09am | Report
Well, at least you will never have any mana problems. I thought of building Crystalline Flask-> Tear of the Goddess-> catalyst the protector to give nearly unlimited mana. After that a Glacial Shroud also works well. Later I would build those items into Manamune/ Muramana, Banshee's Veil, Frozen Heart, get Mercury's Treads for boots, Frozen Mallet for HP, AD and more sticking power and, of course, Black Cleaver. Not this order, of course.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2013 11:35am | Report
Why Frozen Heart? If you're building Muramana your mana problems are history. So, with your reasoning I'd go for something like Mercury's Treads, Frozen Mallet, Black Cleaver, Muramana, Randuin's Omen and Spirit Visage or Runic Bulwark (if top/support don't take it). Probably in that order as well.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2013 12:07pm | Report
To gain more AD in order to make Wilding Claw stronger. Also make Muramana toggle stronger, since that is mainly your dmg lategame.

(1700+220+30*18)*0.06=147.6 Bonus damage full mana Muramana
(1700+220+30*18)*0.02=49.2 Bonus AD Muramana
105+49.2+52.91+3.2*18=264.71 Full AD
264.71*1.6+230=653.536 Tiger Stance with full AD
264.71+264.71*0.15=304.4165 1 hit while tiger stance with full AD
304.4165+147.6=452.0165 1 hit while tiger stance with full AD + Muramana with full mana
452.0165+653.536=1105.5525 1 hit dmg of tiger stance at everything full

BTW: Tiger is top?
He is gonna kill you!!!
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2013 12:14pm | Report
Makes sense. Given that you already have slow with the mallet, I guess going with the heart instead of Randuin's is good.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2013 8:46am | Report
Stop with the Tear of the Goddess on Udyr. Catalyst ==> BV should solve your mana problems, and now you have free reign to go Cleaver ==> Whisper.

Tear is already very situational, and once you get to endgame, you are going to have more mana than you'll need, ever, if you go Manamune, FH. If you're having lane mana troubles, Philo stone+catalyst. Boom, there ya go. Items that are infinitely better than Tear on Udyr.
True love is found only in yourself.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2013 9:59am | Report
I agree with Lugignaf that tear is a very questionable buy on Udyr. I don't understand the people who seem to buy it on every champion. Udyr doesn't need a very large mana pool, his spells are insanely cheap. The time it would take to charge tear would mean you don't need it anymore.

Black Cleaver is looking nice. That and a Last Whisper.

Edit: You also want to prioritize CDR on Udyr. The more turtle shields you pop in fights, the better.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2013 10:02am | Report
Means Spirit Visage, which also increases the turtle heal. This + Black Cleaver and you got enough CDR. I would also get Blade of the Ruined King cuz hey, if you get items like that you also get this. For armor you got your Randuin's Omen or even Thornmail as this scales well with your shield.

Earlygame, the mana problems of Udyr are way to high, any good strategy for that without getting catalyst the protector? Chalice of Harmony? Also philosopher's stone isn't that great as it doesn't build into a item which is on Udyr's standards.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2013 10:56am | Report
Last game on him I went straight for a Aegis of the Legion, sacrificing damage output early and sticking with Turtle/Bear combos. Didn't kill, didn't die, assisted a whole lot. This made mana manageable at first. Then got Mercury's Treads and Sunfire Aegis, which helped me get some kills in. By this point I had some points invested in Tiger as well, so mana became a little more problematic as the fighting wore on, because I wanted to abuse the passive. That's when I was torn between Frozen Heart and Iceborn Gauntlet. Before I made up my mind game finished and I was 5/7/21. Tankdyr ftw. Weird build, I know.

The answer in this situation would be just buying a Glacial Shroud earlier and then make the decision based on how the game is turning out. Or maybe a Sheen to go for the gauntlets or Trinity Force.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide