This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Master Yi Build Guide by palzm
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Choose Champion Build:
STOP!! If you do not understand the terms, phrases, and acronyms that I might use please visit here.
Greater Seal of Resilience - Yi is an easily focused target. This will allow you to tank some damage.
Greater Glyph of Warding - (same reason as above)
Greater Quintessence of DesolationGreater Quintessence of Desolation - Even more ArP
Putting points in both and will help in your jungle.
Put one point in for a little bit of cool down.
Increase anything else that will allow Yi to put out more damage like:
- For attack speed increase
- For ArP
- For Attack Damage
- For Crit Chance/Damage
- For Attack Damage
If you want to use , then put a point into . This will buff your ghost spell.
If you are using , then put a point into instead.
- Increases your health/mana regen. Master Yi's mana will easily run out, so this will help a bit. As for the health regen, it'll help you anywhere when you have low HP.
- Allows you to level up faster by increasing you experience gain. Will need this especially in jungle because you level up slower in the jungles.
- It allows your jungling buffs (Red and Blue) to last longer so put the final point into that.
-You need either Ghost or Flash for escaping and chasing.
- Exhaust because Yi has no CC abilities, this may stop the enemy from escaping from you.
- Cleanse just in case you are focused. However I do not suggest cleanse because you can easily buy a Quicksilver Sash.
Safer Skill Sequence:
Keep in mind that your W skill may help against enemies like karthus or during team fights, when you are being focused. Getting W early can also help when you are being counter jungled.
In the end, you can sell your Wriggle's Lantern for Bloodthirster. But keep in mind, you will be losing your warding ability.
- - Helpful regular jungle item for lifesteal/warding/extra damage to minions/jungle creeps
- - For the speed in the early ganks
- - Move speed/Damage/Attack speed/ArP/CdR = typically what Yi needs and this items got it all.
- - Crit and Attack Speed
- - Crit and High Damage/ I get these earlier if I am doing well and know I will do well. If not get this later on in the game.
- - Life Steal and High Damage
- - Health for Yi's squishyness and Slow. The slow is very helpful since Yi has no CC abilities
- - Against High Armor
- - Underestimated item on Yi. This item has attack speed, slow, Sheen bonus damage. Great item for Yi :P.
- - Attack speed and Armor Penetration
- - Gives Attack speed and Lifesteal
- - For more attack speed
- - Against Casters and CC's
- - Against High AD Damage
- - Against Dodge *****s like Jax
- - If the enemy team is stacking health
- - Champions like Karthus
- - Against CC's and MR. If you know you are being focused, be sure to get this item. Your enemy will most likely apply some CC's on you.
- - A great item that allows you to stay in fights for a longer time.
Where to Start
With Team's Initial Help (Need a good pull):
Blue (smite) -> Wolf -> Wraiths -> Golems -> Red (smite) GANK (May have to "B" sometimes)
Without Team's Help
Golems (smite) -> Wraith -> Wolf -> Blue (Big Golem) -> Red (Lizard) (smite either blue or red) GANK
Jungling and Stealing Jungle's from Enemy
Blue (with help) -> Enemy Wraiths/Golems -> Your wolf -> etc.
YOU WILL MOST LIKELY NEED BOTH RED AND BLUE TO GANK PROPERLY
GANK SO YOUR TEAM CAN KEEP PRESSURE ON THE ENEMY
A video by stonewall008
Heres a similar jungle route Credit to jackofbladez
Keep the Dragon/Baron area warded almost all the time (with wriggle's). These guys will help your team greatly if you get them. That extra 100g boost from Dragon is similar to getting a free champion kill. Baron obviously is a STRONG BUFF that will help boost your team anywhere.
During teamfights, wait for you team to go in first so that you will not get focused first. Aim for the enemy squishys/carries but be careful to not over commit by diving into tower (unless you are positive you will make it out alive).
Your main goal as Master Yi is to farm and push/backdoor almost all game.
Unless Yi is farmed, he won't be much of a threat to the enemy team.
Pushing lanes/Backdooring as Master Yi is essential. He can easily push and escape the enemy territory because of his incredible speed/damage.