Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Bee's Guide Review Thread

Creator: Beeswarm17 November 24, 2011 10:43pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2011 10:43pm | Report
Review Shop Status: CLOSED

Alright, kiddos, here's the deal. I'm willing to look over and review your guides. I don't need a swarm of reviews, so I'll lay some ground rules here.

How does it work?
Well, to put it simply, you make a post right here, in this thread, and I'll take a look at a guide that you have written. However, there are some conditions that I'd like to put in place. These conditions are as follows:
  • Summoner Level: Please be level 30. This probably seems harsh, but I want to know that people have a pretty decent understanding of this game before they go around writing guides.
  • Post Count: Please have at least 75 posts when you ask for a review. I'm doing this as a service to the community. Therefore, I'd like for you to have spent time in this community first.
  • Spell and Grammar Check: I'll be honest, this right here will determine whether or not I outright skip your guide for review. I'm very harsh regarding grammar and spelling, so don't ask me to review if it hasn't been checked. I do offer proofreading services, however. More on that later.
  • I will never review a guide for a champion that has been available less than a month. If you make a guide before it has been a month since its release, and you think you have a handle on the champ, then you are crazy. And I know that I won't have the experience to judge your guide's viability anyway, so don't bother.
  • I have also hit scout rank, so I can begin giving scout points! This is quite a benefit for you, as I can potentially give your guide significantly higher publicity. But I will be much more particular about scout points, obviously. So I have specific rules regarding scout points, which I will get to later.

What do I need to do?
What you need to do is copy/paste the format that I will provide below, fill in the blanks, and post that here. Nothing more, nothing less. Simple, right?

What do you get out of this?
Nothing, really. Like I said, I'm doing this for the community. It's completely on my own terms, and I'm not asking for anything in return. However, if you would like to thank me, a simple "thank you" will suffice. You can also leave a comment on my Riven guide or hit that +rep button for me, but that's not necessary for any reason. It won't change my opinions one way or the other.

Fair enough. Anything else I should know?
It's not the end of the world if I leave a downvote. Votes can be changed at any time, and new votes will update the old ones. That means that if I downvote a guide, and then you fix it up a bit, if I were to come back around and upvote it, my original vote becomes an upvote. Don't think I'm being hateful if I downvote. You can always come back and ask me to review it again. I'll look at it as many times as you'd like me to.

Also, only send me one guide at a time. Pick one that you want me to review, and once I've finished with that one, you can submit a different one. I'm keeping tabs on every guide that gets submitted, so don't panic and resubmit the same guide multiple times.

If you have a new request, tell me that you want it to replace the old one, and I will. Otherwise I will ignore the new request. Your new request will go to the back of the line, though. It will not replace your first request's position.

I will open and close my review thread depending on how many requests I receive and how much time I have available. If it is closed, don't leave a request for a review. If you do, I will blacklist you, and you will not receive a review from me again.

And that's about it! If you have any other questions, let me know. I'd be happy to answer them.

Guide Proofreading
I mentioned before that I would offer proofreading services as well. This is done by a much similar process. The same format will be used for both services to make it easier for you, since it is possible to ask for both editing and reviewing. The same rules apply for proofreading as guide reviewing, so the format must be used as well.

Keep in mind that the length of time it takes me to edit a guide takes as long as the number of mistakes present. Asking for proofing can make a review take significantly longer, as I will not review a guide until it has been proofread by myself or someone else.

I offer this service free of charge, just like guide reviews. I'm doing this as an additional service to the community.

Scouting Requirements
Here's what you need to do for me to consider scouting your guide. This is not how I scout all guides; this is only how I will be treating scout points in this review thread.
  • You may request that your guide be scouted by me. Like reviews and proofreading, you may only have one guide on the list at a time.
  • You must have had your guide reviewed by me once already. I will not scout guides that I haven't given a thorough review for. I have different criteria for reviews and scouts. Do not hassle me about this, and do not ask for an exception. You won't get one, and I will potentially blacklist you from reviews.
  • I will message you on my decision to scout your guide. This means I do not want you announcing that I have scouted your guide. This is currently private information, and until that changes, I will keep it that way. I am also considering not even telling you whether I gave the scout point or not as a matter of privacy, only that I made a decision. Do not hassle me about this, please.
  • I am giving you the right to ask me to scout your guides as an opportunity to make your guide a priority to me. If a guide impresses me, I may scout it without you even needing to ask. But this is for those who have made significant changes or improvements and want more than just another simple review.
  • I will not give out scout points easily. Only ask me if you really think that your guide is THE BEST GUIDE for your champion. That is my criteria, and until I can clearly say it's the best one, I won't give out a scout point.

Format
Summoner Name:
Summoner Level:
Requesting: Spell Check/Guide Review/Scout Rec (choose one)
Champion Of Guide To Be Reviewed:
Why I Would Like This Reviewed:
What I Want You To Focus On:
Guide Link:

Okay, in the interest of me not getting swamped into oblivion, I'd like to adjust my current format. Those of you who have already used the previous format will not have to change, and I will follow the format up to this point. However, I am learning that performing both a spell check and guide review takes HOURS. Way too many hours. So from here on out, pick one. Be warned that if the spelling in your guide is terrible, I will skip it. So fix that or ask me to do it before you ask for a review.

Thanks everyone!
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2011 10:44pm | Report
Guides I have reviewed:

Tristana - An In-depth Guide. Now with a Dominion build!
Requested by: Wenvarian
Guide Reviewed On: 11/25/11
Analysis: Very solid AD Tristana guide that covers pretty much everything you'd need to know. It could use a few alternatives in masteries and starting items, but those are all fairly minor. No idea why there's one random point in Expanded Mind , though. There are much better places for that point.
Verdict: +1, but it could still use some improvement.

Shyvana: Shadow of the Dragon
Requested By: Kazega
Guide Reviewed On: 11/26/11
Analysis: A fairly basic, if solid, Dominion guide for Shyvana. I have a few disagreements with the current mastery setup and some item choices, but the concepts are nice, and it's well-formatted and a good read. Needs some more detail, I think, but it's not bad for an overview. EDIT: Guide has been archived.
Verdict: +1, but it's not perfect. It should be rated higher than it is, but that doesn't mean you can't go higher. Keep at it.

Shyvana - Jungling and Solo Drakes
Requested By: Fictionized
Guide Reviewed On: 5/17/12
Verdict: Reserving judgement. Guide looks incredibly good, but I'm concerned about content. I'll wait until I hear back first before deciding what I rate it.

Guides Left To Be Reviewed:

Fednekton - Interior Crocodile Alligator
Requested By: RosePhoenix

Janna, Blow your Enemies away!
Requested By: IceCreamy

Katarina: Playing with Knives
Requested By: Kazega

Taric - Some Builds of Stones
Requested By: Golleitrian

Yi, The Master of Disaster
Requested By: Zoki

Tristana: The Little Package of Destruction
Requested By: NoobyPower

Leona: Try To Leave a Dent
Requested By: Icuonuez

Garen, Spin To Win Is Possible Revamped
Requested By: NicknameMy

Taric - All Around Support / AP, Jungle / AD & Tank
Requested By: Taneren

Lux The BEEEAM Shooting Magician
Requested By: koksei

Janna Full Support
Requested By: Canoas

Blow's Jungle Yorick Pocket Guide
Requested By: Blowfeld

Kennen of the Lightning: In-Depth & Comprehensive
Requested By: Vitigam

Irelia Corp.
Requested By: Pølsemanden

A Wild Lee Sin Appeared!~ Jungle Guide to Lee Sin
Requested By: Shizukani

Gangplank - Why did they die so fast?
Requested By: Xeronn

Graves: A True American (Bot Lane)
Requested By: Phil Collins

Enigmatic Annihilation ~ A Comprehensive Xerath Guide
Requested By: CasterMaster

Elegant Annie; Ruthless Tibbers
Requested By: Lilpwninprincess

Comprehensive Solo Queue Kennen *REVAMPED*
Requested By: tehAsian

Twisted Fate, Pick a Type! (AP, AD, AS)
Requested By: iownedya

Fiora - The Deadly Duelist
Requested By: Keondre
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2011 10:46pm | Report
Nice job. :)

Wenvarien
<Member>
Wenvarien's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2011 10:49pm | Report
Do we have to have 75 posts to get our guide reviewed? I'm not quite to 75 yet or 100 for Jai's review :(. I mean I understand that you want us to be part of the mobafire community and you don't want to waste your time going through guides of people that post their guide and thats it.

Even though for some reason my post count says 36 yet on my profile it says 50. >.<
Please check out my first guide on mobafire for Tristana.
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2011 11:04pm | Report
Yeah, I see that you're at 50. That's honestly one of the things that I'm more flexible on. I get the feeling that I might regret slacking on my requirements there... but whatever. 50's close enough. I've seen you post around here for a little while now, so I'll let it slide for now.

Fill out that format, and I'll get to reviewing your guide. :)
Wenvarien
<Member>
Wenvarien's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2011 11:13pm | Report
Yay!!! Thank you. I've only been part of the mobafire community for 2 months now so I'm trying to do the best I can to get my post count up. Not an easy task I'm afraid.

Summoner Name: Wenvarien
Summoner Level: 30
Spelling and Grammar Check Desired: Yes (I have run over it several times and other eyes read it as well. Along with spell check from word. However I am human and I do make mistakes. It shouldn't be awful though :P.)
Guide Review Desired: Yes
Champion Of Guide To Be Reviewed: Tristana
What I Would Like Reviewed: I'd like the entire guide reviewed. Constructive criticism is always a plus as is an up vote if you deem it worthy.
What I Want You To Focus On: Everything.
Guide Link: Tristana - An In-depth Guide
Please check out my first guide on mobafire for Tristana.
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 1:11am | Report
Summoner Name:Kazega SN
Spelling and Grammar Check Desired: YES
Guide Review Desired: YES
Champion Of Guide To Be Reviewed: Shyvana: Shadow of the Dragon
What I Would Like This Reviewed: I want to know if I convey my ideas and thoughts
What I Want You To Focus On: Ideas and thoughts when it comes to masteries and items
Guide Link:Shyvana: Shadow of the Dragon
[deleted]
<Member>
Fictionized's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 7:20am | Report
Summoner Name: csualT BreakAway
Spelling and Grammar Check Desired: YES
Champion Of Guide To Be Reviewed: Shyvana
Is the ''what'' here not supposed to be ''why''? - Why I Would Like This Reviewed: Because I believe I can do better but I'll need some help as to how a bit more. Also other reasons on the side.
What I Want You To Focus On: Outright everything, but I'd like extra feedback on my use of literature (how I explain things primarily) and my formatting.
Guide Link: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/shyvana-jungling-and-solo-drakes-145666

SIDE-NOTE: I already performed a spelling check, but after several updates lingering around I may have not checked some newly added things.

SIDE-NOTE2: Performed another spelling check, should be in order now. If not, do tell me.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 7:24am | Report
Nice ^^

Want me to add this to our list of 'Other Reviewers'? :)

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 7:40am | Report
Summoner Name: RosePhoenix
Spelling and Grammar Check Desired: NO
Champion Of Guide To Be Reviewed: Renekton
What I Would Like This Reviewed: Everything
What I Want You To Focus On: Format
Guide Link: In my signature, click on the guide name with the little icon before it.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide