Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Warwick Items

Creator: jskell27 October 12, 2011 7:35pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
jskell27
<Member>
jskell27's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2011 7:35pm | Report
HI. Just started playing LoL Sunday. I'm interested in jungling with Warwick. I've looked at different builds, and one thing that seems to really vary is whether or not the build has many Attack Speed items. It seems to me that with Hunter's Call, Attack Speed items wouldn't be that important. I understand that everything is relative to what the opposing team is playing, but it seems to me like Attack Damage and various defenses should be more what you are choosing between. Help me out!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2011 8:06pm | Report
The items most Warwick guides recommend are Wit's End and Madred's Bloodrazor. This isn't for the attack speed, but the unique bonuses the items give. As Warwick's ult applies 5 hits of all items, he achieves 20% of the enemy's health as damage from Madred's and he gains a huge amount of magic resist from Wit's End.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Vort
<Member>
Vort's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2011 10:29pm | Report
Jhoi pretty much nailed it. Warwick is a strange champion in that he has strong auto attacks, but no significant attack damage scaling. It's not so much the attack speed that people are after, it's the on-hit effects of the items. The most common way to play Warwick revolves around building enough on-hit damage to be a threat, and then building purely defensively from there (with some tweaks to the order of things). Another great item that shouldn't be overlooked on him is Sunfire Aegis.
There are also a select few individuals who have decided to build him with ability power. It's strange, and very hit or miss, but when it works, it works very effectively. The problem is, it's very hit-or-miss. But now i'm just rambling on a tangent.
Blydden
<Member>
Blydden's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 12:22am | Report
One important note unmentioned is that your SHOULD NOT get Kitae's Bloodrazor. Get Malady or Wit's End or Black Cleaver instead. Kitae's is just too inferior to Madred's.

Fantastic artwork by Xiaowiriamu & TheNamelessBard!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 1:11am | Report
Malady and Black Cleaver are both pretty meh choices on WW. Kitae isn't worse than them..
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 2:47am | Report
Vort wrote:

Jhoi pretty much nailed it. Warwick is a strange champion in that he has strong auto attacks, but no significant attack damage scaling.

That's because he's meant to be an offtank, an anti-carry.

Someone who can scale moderately, and dive into the enemy team (preferably after the tank initiates; tho sometimes WW is the tank, which is silly since he can't peel), and lock down or chase away the carry.
That's why he's equipped with Infinite Duress for gap-closing and Blood Scent for chasing.

But being an anti-carry means you have to build a little bulky - So naturally, you won't have any room for building serious damage items, so there's no real point to adding scaling on him.
It only seems odd that he doesn't have it if you have a different opinion/view on what you think he should be doing.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Vort
<Member>
Vort's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 9:32am | Report
Searz wrote:

Malady and Black Cleaver are both pretty meh choices on WW. Kitae isn't worse than them..

well... relative to price, perhaps not. but due to the healing reduction in dominion, he's a fairly poor choice for the moment. Blood Scent does help counter-balance this a bit, as it's very strong in dominion, but overall, I don't see him as a strong pick for the game type.
Any how, There's generally no need to build more on-hit items on Warwick than Wit's End and Madred's Bloodrazor.
Zarnim
<Member>
Zarnim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 8:09pm | Report
One of my friends once went WW and bought Wit's End, Madred's Bloodrazor, and a Void Staff (shocking!) with Sorcerer's Shoes, Black Cleaver and a Guardian Angel.

He did well, but what do you guys think? I saw him getting trolled in a game and I needed a good argument. :S
awesome sig made by ReppinFTC! Go PM him if you want one!

Take a look at my Kog'maw guide!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 10:16pm | Report
Malady> Void Staff on Warwick unless you're building AP (maybe even then). Also works better with the flat pen from Sorcerer's Shoes.

Warwick actually does a ton of magic damage with the right items. I tried TheOddOne's build in game and it worked pretty well.

Wriggle's Lantern-> Mercury's Treads-> Wit's End-> Malady-> Sunfire Aegis-> Guardian Angel or Banshee's Veil

Infinite Duress and Hungering Strike also do magic damage. I would consider Malady a great item on Warwick, Kog'Maw, Teemo, and maybe Kayle. Not many champions can pull off an Attack Speed - Magic Damage combo, but Warwick is one of them.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Vort
<Member>
Vort's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 11:16pm | Report
Zarnim wrote:

One of my friends once went WW and bought Wit's End, Madred's Bloodrazor, and a Void Staff (shocking!) with Sorcerer's Shoes, Black Cleaver and a Guardian Angel.

He did well, but what do you guys think? I saw him getting trolled in a game and I needed a good argument. :S

Void Staff could be justified if they were stacking a ton of magic resistance. That aside, I would only consider it on a full AP build. Sorcerer's Shoes are often a good choice on Warwick, though. The flat magic pen applies to his Q and the procs from his items.

Edit: as for the Black Cleaver, it really doesn't fit with that build at all. Not sure what he was doing there.

Holy Toledo, Batman, It's Cho'Gath!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide